Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

The last Hellcat rumor mill

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Last Hellcat thread???

:unsure:

:p

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Us southern boys know how to break 1 thing,,, that is ribs. Choking like a cow. Sea if I get my H/C back on Monday cause broken ribs do not antagonize broken ribs. I just can't it in and out of the Nissan. It don't work. In and out of bed don'twork either. Lord for bid This is a bitch. Foregot how they don't work. Not worth a shit skee.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Us southern boys know how to break 1 thing,,, that is ribs. Choking like a cow. Sea if I get my H/C back on Monday cause broken ribs do not antagonize broken ribs. I just can't it in and out of the Nissan. It don't work. In and out of bed don'twork either. Lord for bid This is a bitch. Foregot how they don't work. Not worth a shit skee.
Hick ole boy..move up north here to NY..might take us Yanks a few weeks to overlook yer Southern short cummins..but dealers up here will be able to fix a head light in no time..;);)

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
My 2 cents. When they first released that teaser Vid of the new All Electric Dodge Muscle Car there were many on line articles. I googled it and came up with quite a few. In only ONE article they quoted Tim Kinuskis as saying " Besides the all electric Dodge muscle car there is one other REALLY REALLY REALLY significant car that we are coming out with that nobody knows about. I can't even give you a hint at this point". From that day forward I have earmarked the last of my savings for this car. Just saying........

Last edited:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
My 2 cents. When they first released that teaser Vid of the new All Electric Dodge Muscle Car there were many on line articles. I googled it and came up with quite a few. In only ONE article they quoted Tim Kinuskis as saying " Besides the all electric Dodge muscle car there is one other REALLY REALLY REALLY significane car that we are coming out with that nobody knows about. I can't even give you a hint at this point". From that day forward I have earmarked the last of my savings for this car. Just saying........
If true....that's one helluva secret he's been keeping...

Member ID
Reactions
City
Kalgoorlie
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Vehicle
2018 trackhawk
I'd like an awd viper with hellephant and zf 8 speed.....

Please

Usages.kangaroos.sound

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #88
Still not sure why a company would put a big push on part upgrades and a special car in the midst of a 180 turn on what they will be doing in the future. None of it builds on what is coming in 2024 except maybe less new car sales

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
I’m not holding my breath. They can’t even build Jail Breaks to people’s specs with options used in previous models so why would I believe they’re going to be able to build something new with new model parts?

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Media ploe. If true, trust me some one at the plant will spill the beans.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
My 2 cents. When they first released that teaser Vid of the new All Electric Dodge Muscle Car there were many on line articles. I googled it and came up with quite a few. In only ONE article they quoted Tim Kinuskis as saying " Besides the all electric Dodge muscle car there is one other REALLY REALLY REALLY significant car that we are coming out with that nobody knows about. I can't even give you a hint at this point". From that day forward I have earmarked the last of my savings for this car. Just saying........
Same
Its why I haven't ordered a S/S yet.

Thinking something higher than a Demon but likely 125k plus and 3,000 examples.
Hopefully Huntington Dodge doesn't get one.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Still not sure why a company would put a big push on part upgrades and a special car in the midst of a 180 turn on what they will be doing in the future. None of it builds on what is coming in 2024 except maybe less new car sales
I thought the consensus was that they might do one last halo car on this platform as a last hurrah or last big bang with the Supercharged HEMI before it becomes impractical.

My vote is a Hellephant powered Drag focused car or a Stage 3 RedEye Powered Drag focused Car. And if they order carbon fiber 17X11 and 18X5 Wheels for another Drag focused street legal Car.....THAT is what I want (the car).

They have the Hellephant as they are bringing it back out and they have the stage 3 Pkg. All they need are some details (the wheels etc.) and a little testing……..

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
They already have the green light for 885hp.
They can add in the high octane switch panel like the Demon
Probably Demon/1320 suspension. Hell probably even the crate or maybe they just bypass that this time and have a skinny front tire. 195ish size???

It won't be a Demon but it has to be a Demon killer. No more "banned" NHRA garbage so why not shoot for the moon?

And finally, the program likely cost peanuts at this juncture. Its been developed and the Hellcat program has been a huge money maker for Dodge/FCA/Stell. They know damn well they can sell 3,000 more special Hellcats at 120k price range. Look at auction prices and all those Demons listed for sale.

From a business standpoint, why not? The EV's may not be well liked.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I thought the consensus was that they might do one last halo car on this platform as a last hurrah or last big bang with the Supercharged HEMI before it becomes impractical.

My vote is a Hellephant powered Drag focused car or a Stage 3 RedEye Powered Drag focused Car. And if they order carbon fiber 17X11 and 18X5 Wheels for another Drag focused street legal Car.....THAT is what I want (the car).

They have the Hellephant as they are bringing it back out and they have the stage 3 Pkg. All they need are some details (the wheels etc.) and a little testing……..
I hope it is the Hellephant because it would be bad ass.
However, I don't want it because it would clean out my bank account and I probably still couldn't afford it LOL

I think I will call 2 local dealers here on Tuesday and ask about being put on a list etc. 1 dealer is MSRP only but they sell like 1 Hellcat a year.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
More thoughts
Probably the DC parts dump into a car to show what it can do. But buy it off the showroom instead of having to piece it together.
Another garage queen incoming

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
I’m just hoping for a TRX with the Redeye Motor. But that could just be me…

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
TRX with a redeye isn't happening

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I've had two VERY good sources tell me the Hellephant program is cancelled never to return. One of those same sources told me there is one final iteration of the Hellcat (or similar) coming and that "you'll be very impressed, call me when you wanna order". The other said he believes it'll be a special Jail Break model with a bump in HP.

Dodge's problem has always been they trip over their own feet when it comes to delivery. It's been that way since I got in to the brand back in 2009. Every opportunity they've had to really hit it out of the park they just completely drop the ball. I'm sure this will be no different.

It's also very confusing that they're focusing on 24 Months of Muscle, Direct Connect, Chief Donut Maker, etc NOW at the tail end of the platform. Maybe they've got bigger plans that these things will lead in to but if it's an "all electric muscle car" I think it'll be a flop.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I've had two VERY good sources tell me the Hellephant program is cancelled never to return. One of those same sources told me there is one final iteration of the Hellcat (or similar) coming and that "you'll be very impressed, call me when you wanna order". The other said he believes it'll be a special Jail Break model with a bump in HP.

Dodge's problem has always been they trip over their own feet when it comes to delivery. It's been that way since I got in to the brand back in 2009. Every opportunity they've had to really hit it out of the park they just completely drop the ball. I'm sure this will be no different.

It's also very confusing that they're focusing on 24 Months of Muscle, Direct Connect, Chief Donut Maker, etc NOW at the tail end of the platform. Maybe they've got bigger plans that these things will lead in to but if it's an "all electric muscle car" I think it'll be a flop.
There was so much hype at the beginning of the Hellcat that they didn't really need a "24 months of muscle". Now I think that they're trying to capitalize on the ending of the Hellcat.
Everything that I'm reading indicates that they're not really ready to let any of this go but they are being forced by government overreach.
Just my opinion.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I don't fully get the government excuse Dodge is using. Build the car, tack on the appropriate guzzler tax, and let folks that want them pay it. Maybe I'm missing something but seems straight forward to me?