Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

The last Hellcat rumor mill

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Has anyone actually been able to purchase one of these DC Hellephants? The 100 limit initially drove prices pretty high as people snatched them up to put them away in bubble wrap.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Has anyone actually been able to purchase one of these DC Hellephants? The 100 limit initially drove prices pretty high as people snatched them up to put them away in bubble wrap.
There are a couple guys on YouTube who purchased them after the big 100. One went in a Demon and a couple in old school Chargers.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I was hoping it wasn't just an "in the catalog" deal. I saw the guy that dropped one in a Chrysler 300 but he paid the markup and took out a loan to get it so he said.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
At least there's no hottub this time. Talk about a shit ton of maintenance.
Have had the hot tub & the pool, neither got used enough to be worth the time, effort and $$$$ it took to keep them going IMO.
When we were looking for the house we're in now told the realtors not to bother showing me anything with a pool, HOA or hot tub not easily removed !

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Pools actually devalue a home. Unless in Florida maybe?

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Have had the hot tub & the pool, neither got used enough to be worth the time, effort and $$$$ it took to keep them going IMO.
When we were looking for the house we're in now told the realtors not to bother showing me anything with a pool, HOA or hot tub not easily removed !
We used to use the pool all the time in our other homes. I don't know what happened with this one? We don't like the built-in hottub to the pool so it would be a stand alone one like we've had in the past.

Pools add anywhere from $20-30K+ value to a home and is more desirable to buyers in Florida.

Last edited:

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
We used to use the pool all the time in our other homes. I don't know what happened with this one? We don't like the built-in hottub to the pool so it would be a stand alone one like we've had in the past.

Pools add anywhere from $20-30K+ value to a home and is more desirable to buyers.

Well, I quit buying things for features I personally had no use for but might be attractive to the next guy.
None of my cars have sun roofs for this very reason & my Durango has the 2nd row bench instead of the ever popular captains chairs.

While the pools do add value, there is the cost of adding them to the house (+ the property tax bump) & then the ongoing, weekly upkeep & maintenance. Pumps, filters, lighting, marcite, decking all eventually need to be replaced. Our Oldsmar home had a pool & built in spa and we used it quite a bit at 1st, then the novelty slowly wore off and it got used less & less. Maintence tho was a constant - brushing & cleaning, adjusting chlorine & PH, black flushing filter, adding or removing water depending on season/rain, flocking, added power cost to run the pumps daily etc. etc.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Well, I quit buying things for features I personally had no use for but might be attractive to the next guy.
None of my cars have sun roofs for this very reason & my Durango has the 2nd row bench instead of the ever popular captains chairs.

While the pools do add value, there is the cost of adding them to the house (+ the property tax bump) & then the ongoing, weekly upkeep & maintenance. Pumps, filters, lighting, marcite, decking all eventually need to be replaced. Our Oldsmar home had a pool & built in spa and we used it quite a bit at 1st, then the novelty slowly wore off and it got used less & less. Maintence tho was a constant - brushing & cleaning, adjusting chlorine & PH, black flushing filter, adding or removing water depending on season/rain, flocking, added power cost to run the pumps daily etc. etc.
Our pool is no where near needing maintenance like you describe. It's salt with a auto vacuum. No back flush needed.
We have always used the pool in the other 10-12 homes that we owned. For some reason not this one.
The wife wanted it when it was built so she gets what she wants.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
I'd like an awd viper with hellephant and zf 8 speed.....

Please

Usages.kangaroos.sound
Better chance of pigs flying than Hellaphant under hood of snake! Although I would be up for your design package, All day for real.

Prange

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
no longer in Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Scat Pack
Our pool is no where near needing maintenance like you describe. It's salt with a auto vacuum. No back flush needed.
We have always used the pool in the other 10-12 homes that we owned. For some reason not this one.
The wife wanted it when it was built so she gets what she wants.
"The wife wanted it when it was built so she gets what she wants."

Smart man.(y)

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Still not sure why a company would put a big push on part upgrades and a special car in the midst of a 180 turn on what they will be doing in the future. None of it builds on what is coming in 2024 except maybe less new car sales
Vtec just a thought is it possible the mind set is we just reach in the parts bin if it’s there ship it. If it’s not in stock oh well we will let you know when it’s available. It’s not like they have to have several thousand parts all meet at one common place to assemble and ship a whole car and possibly piss off a customer if certain parts are delayed holding up car/s to be built it’s the only logical thing I can come up with. But then again who says I am logical.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
My wife got the land and the house/floorplan she wanted and I got the oversize garage with lift. No pool this time thank God. This will be our 11th new home since 1994. This old Soldier is done moving for sure.
ELEVEN ?????..You my good man..are the Charger/Challenger of houses...try lettin the paint dry on this one before ya think about movin...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Do you not agree the government controls every big business in this country? Always have always will.
Dead on right, but if enough of the population said no we won’t buy your electric bullshit or industry sales fell some sort of compliance to give what is demanded will result.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Pools actually devalue a home. Unless in Florida maybe?
In the North East....that is true..unless the house is less than ten years old...

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
I meant from going in a factory car perspective. If doing a "build" I'd have a performance 426 built and put the Whipple on it personally and save the other $15K for other upgrades.
Bang for the buck absolutely the savy choice, and if correct ingredients selected it would perform and stay together. But like you said bone stock factory built. I would like a Hellaphant Challenger, If not insane money I WOULD purchase. Open your ears FCA there is a market to be tapped, when you pulled the plug in 1971 on the Hemi, that name and the legacy would put you back on the map decades later because of performance recognition. People remembered, History is forever. How do you want to write the history book and be remembered. You have the GD football in your hand. It’s been engineered and paid for on R&D level. Pay a little more on emission penalties and still make money. Run it for for a touch down already.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
The gas powered engine you will be getting the well be worth a fortune in 10 ears. After CC and his hinchmen get thru with this BS. Yea, buy into it as it is and thrown down our throats. I really don't care if we were back in WW2 in Germany. Prostitution was cheap and available. My father didn't fall fer it. Just another ex apple. BS in a a nice package.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
In the North East....that is true..unless the house is less than ten years old...
Not here in AZ. Those crazy commiefornians will pay big money for a hole in the ground filled with water. I got an additional $75K for my wife's hole.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Not here in AZ. Those crazy commiefornians will pay big money for a hole in the ground filled with water. I got an additional $75K for my wife's hole.
Uhhh with all due respect.....you might wanna re write that last sentence :eek:

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Uhhh with all due respect.....you might wanna re write that last sentence :eek:
It is her hole, in the ground with water in it. :)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
It is her hole, in the ground with water in it. :)
Uhhh..yeah..I know..:whistle::whistle::whistle:..but..but..awww..nevermind;);)