Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

The Hellcat-Powered Ram Rebel TRX Will Reportedly Have Over 700 HP

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Last Friday I tested The Tremor Tow capacity with the new Gas 7.3 and co e to find out I was towing actually 16k since my trailer weighs more than I thought. And I feel the new 7.3 gas will e in the Raptor to compete with the new TRX.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Funny you should mention that. I need to take out two trees (one crowding my port cochere and driveway, one behemoth (that I hate to see go) that is threatening my BBQ area, wood racks, and slab) and one stump (previous owner had it cut off at ground level). I've always used a horizontal truck mounted grinder to take down stumps - did you like that vertical grinder you used? Looks like it did a good job and is more easily handled than the horizontal plane grinders I've used in the past. Good on you mate, but be careful when out and about (my businesses are essential, so I'm out all the time and with some underlying morbidities I am not a big fan of the added risks).

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Currently, around 25 per cent of carbon emissions from the use of fossil fuels is being taken up and stored by plants, which is good, as it helps reduce the concentration of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere.
Uh, oh. Sounds like I've been upsetting the ecosystem in the past several days, using a fair amount of diesel and gas to disc and harrow.
In other words, I've surely been eliminating some of the grass (and a few weeds, and maybe prairie dogs) in the process.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
I am just blown away the Ram TRX reveal still has not happened. Pretty incredible how this is now like 2-3 years of talk and still no big announcement to show the end product sooner than later.

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
I am just blown away the Ram TRX reveal still has not happened. Pretty incredible how this is now like 2-3 years of talk and still no big announcement to show the end product sooner than later.
And that’s why I bought a Raptor. Tired of waiting on Ram.

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Not really a truck guy, its more of a tool to be used than a toy, but for me it's all about the torque where a truck is concerned.
I would like to test drive this truck though - if it ever shows up...

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Ive looked at various trucks. Would like to buy something soon actually. I just want to see the specs at this point.
707hp or 710 or 797 doesn't really bother me. But if it can only tow 5000lbs because of the trick off road suspension its going to be a hard pass.

I still need it to be a truck and do truck things

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I still need it to be a truck and do truck things
Then you should probably skip 1/2-tons altogether.
I look at my 1500 as an El Camino, a car with a bed on it.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Then you should probably skip 1/2-tons altogether.
I look at my 1500 as an El Camino, a car with a bed on it.
my brother just picked up a 2500 with Power Wagon package. It is not something i ever thought about after previous 3/4 and 1 ton trucks rode like garbage for daily use.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
The optional rear air suspension on the 2500s can indeed make them ride really nicely, but the standard coils are very good, too.
Of course, the 2500's 10K GVWR does limit their their theoretical load carrying capacity.

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
The TRX interests me a good deal. I've been waiting years for it to finally come out. Glad it will be coming out with the new body style too (I like it more than the previous body style). My dealer contact told me the reveal is August 17th. Dodge said end of summer, so that sounds about right. I'm waiting to hear what it's priced at. If they make a low base (like they do with the challenger), then give you plenty of options I think it will sell well. If they price it up high like the TH, I don't think they will sell nearly as well. I would like it to be able to tow decently well too, because if I did buy one I would want to tow light things with it (small camper, quads, etc). Ford's Raptor does nothing for me. I don't mind the styling, but I refuse to buy a v6 turbo (it sounds awful, compared to the hellcat and many other V8s). Even though it's an offroad truck, people are speculating low 12s or high 11s 1/4 mile. We shall see. I live in the Northwest and get plenty of snow here, we also have plenty of offroad places here. So unlike my Redeye, I could run it all year round.

If the base stays under 70k (or even lower), I'm looking into getting one.

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
When was the last tease; like 2 months ago? You figure they would be giving small teasers here and there.

Also, would have to wonder what the payload is going to be if this truck is loaded up with accessories / weight.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I think my 1500 has a payload of about 1,500 lbs., which sure isn't much.
Not if there also were five people in the cab...and that's with a V6 and not many options.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
It will be interesting to see the payload capacities since my Raptor has this exact issue. Great truck but towing and capacity does limit it to a true truck or should I say a work truck. To the point if I had to choose between my Tremor or Raptor the Tremor wins hands down.
B2FFC959-BE5A-42DD-965D-99F024528A23.jpeg

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
It will be interesting to see the payload capacities since my Raptor has this exact issue. Great truck but towing and capacity does limit it to a true truck or should I say a work truck. To the point if I had to choose between my Tremor or Raptor the Tremor wins hands down.
View attachment 21369
I really had no clue about the Tremor until i started looking at Power Wagon stuff and from your posts LOL.

I might need to step up to the 2500/250s of the world. Still going to wait on the TRX though. Been waiting 4 years already

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
I really had no clue about the Tremor until i started looking at Power Wagon stuff and from your posts LOL.

I might need to step up to the 2500/250s of the world. Still going to wait on the TRX though. Been waiting 4 years already
The new 7.3 Gas Godzilla motor is so sweet and feel any mods on her and she would rip some awesome times. I put a MBRP exhaust on her and she's sweet as well. Heres one of my Videos

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Geez by the time Ram finally decides to actually offer the TRX for sale the new Refresh Raptor will be here and can be pretty sure she will be serious power with a V8. I mean if there going out of there way to match the TRX rear coil set up then I can guarantee the Predator motor which is the GT500 motor or the new Godzilla Motor in the Tremor will be in it. Which only means Ram lost a huge opportunity to convert the Raptor crowd and on the fence crowd as well.
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a33502151/2021-ford-f-150-raptor-spied/

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
Geez by the time Ram finally decides to actually offer the TRX for sale the new Refresh Raptor will be here and can be pretty sure she will be serious power with a V8. I mean if there going out of there way to match the TRX rear coil set up then I can guarantee the Predator motor which is the GT500 motor or the new Godzilla Motor in the Tremor will be in it. Which only means Ram lost a huge opportunity to convert the Raptor crowd and on the fence crowd as well.
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a33502151/2021-ford-f-150-raptor-spied/
I really hope Ford does step up and put either of those two motors (Preferably the GT500s) in the Raptor. Push more competition in this class, so we can keep prices reasonable on both sides!! I'm still hoping RAM is smart and keeps the TRX's base price around 70k to compete with the Raptors lower base price of $53k. I've heard rumors of a $85k base price, and if it's that high I think they will push a lot of people elsewhere. I've never been a fan of Ford's Eco motor anything. Especially in a performance class rig. Doesn't make any sense to give us a performance vehicle and toss in an "eco" engine, lol.

So I say go for it Ford. Give Ram the competition. Hopefully GM/Chevy makes one of their own too. If it brings the prices down and they are competing against one another, the customers win. However, this is all speculation coming from C&D. The same guys guessing at a $55k price tag, lol. Ford is just as likely to toss out a more enhanced version of the 3.5 turbo.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
I really hope Ford does step up and put either of those two motors (Preferably the GT500s) in the Raptor. Push more competition in this class, so we can keep prices reasonable on both sides!! I'm still hoping RAM is smart and keeps the TRX's base price around 70k to compete with the Raptors lower base price of $53k. I've heard rumors of a $85k base price, and if it's that high I think they will push a lot of people elsewhere. I've never been a fan of Ford's Eco motor anything. Especially in a performance class rig. Doesn't make any sense to give us a performance vehicle and toss in an "eco" engine, lol.

So I say go for it Ford. Give Ram the competition. Hopefully GM/Chevy makes one of their own too. If it brings the prices down and they are competing against one another, the customers win. However, this is all speculation coming from C&D. The same guys guessing at a $55k price tag, lol. Ford is just as likely to toss out a more enhanced version of the 3.5 turbo.
Agree and competition helps the consumer and no doubt the V8 is back in the Raptor. The original Raptor was a V8. The tests showed the last v8 was slower than the new v6 turbo. That’s the only reaso they went with the V6 and now we know the Predator motor is available and the Godzilla as well.