Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Road Course Videos

SIXGUN

U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Madeira Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye Widebody
As odd as it sounds to me, I'm told Wesley Motorsports says the torque on the cradle bolts is key to no hop. I did torque those bolts to 133 ft lbs recently and have had no hop since, whereas on the street a little wheelspin tends to make it hop. The shorter tire should not affect that, but who knows. Since I torqued the cradle bolts, it had been rock solid. They were maybe 90° from proper torque. Sure hope these poly bushings don't make it worse! It also seems odd that I've been told they need to be retorqued after any racing event, which tells me they come loose (so add thread locker) or the bolt stretches (so will eventually break) or the attaching point is giving way...so IDK.

Finface

Member ID
Reactions
City
Morning View
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
Great videos, and fun reading about your experiences!

I also have some 315/30 PS4's on the front of my car on 11" wheels. Thanks to DGatzby I have the AAD front arms - set at about -2.0 degrees camber - and they are solid. With five days on road courses last year these tires are wearing evenly and have a lot of life left - but I'm not getting sideways at 80 mph - and not driving as aggressively as you and guys like DGatzby and Track Day. Still having a blast and looking forward to more days this year.

Any signs of fender rubbing with the 315/35's PS4's after slinging your car around these road courses?

SIXGUN

U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Madeira Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Great videos, and fun reading about your experiences!

I also have some 315/30 PS4's on the front of my car on 11" wheels. Thanks to DGatzby I have the AAD front arms - set at about -2.0 degrees camber - and they are solid. With five days on road courses last year these tires are wearing evenly and have a lot of life left - but I'm not getting sideways at 80 mph - and not driving as aggressively as you and guys like DGatzby and Track Day. Still having a blast and looking forward to more days this year.

Any signs of fender rubbing with the 315/35's PS4's after slinging your car around these road courses?
Yes, the 315/35 PS4Ss rubbed on the center of the front inner fender liner, just a little. I assume on track, as I never heard it rub. Left side slightly worse, both rubbed the heads off those plastic rivets so I replaced with aluminum. Might've been worse but the OE upper arms didn't hold camber so the outside shoulders of the tread were destroyed pretty quickly. Again, not sure when it rubbed, just know it did.
The 315/30s have not rubbed that I can tell.
I wonder if anybody has tried 325/30s on OE rims and to what effect? I'd be in for those if no rubbing! 20220302_180305.jpg 20220302_180407.jpg

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Thread Starter #84
325/30’s work on an 11” wide wheel gapped out 1”
325/30’s work on an 12” wide wheel placed at the OEM backset position

Then I am going to say a 325/30 has not a problem on an OEM 11” wide wheel placed in the OEM position. They don’t look too bad on the 11” wheel too.

Because?

305/35= 28.4” diameter. —- it is tight to begin with
315/35= 28.7”
325/30= 27.7” ——— see why;)

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #85
You guys want to know what else fits?

Take the wheel and crank it left or right. You will find the outside edge of the tire nearly hitting the front liner. ***Dodge your junk liners suck*** we don’t have squat for room because they fit like baggy pants with stupid Chinese push pins.

Measure the remaining room before you buy a taller tire. A fatter one makes it marginally worse. I say that because with a gapped out 11” wide wheel to match a staggered rear 12” wide wheel…A 305/35 rubs!

6437AFA4-84CA-4558-8935-28AD3A93A558.jpeg

SIXGUN

U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Madeira Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I am tracking all that, but thanks. The 315/35 is a taller tire and rubs on my car on track for sure. Question was, by the specs I am seeing the 325/30 has about .8" more treat width, split on both inside and outside on the rim, so .4" ish for spacing. It is a 30 ratio, so was just wondering if anyone had experience with it in front and rear on one of these cars. Not buying soon as I just bought these 315/30s, but a 325/30 will be up next if it will not rub enough to matter.
I got the rear AAD Drag Pack installed today and have rear toe set at zero for now. Going drag racing this weekend. Have you experimented with zero toe in rear?
I did not do the cradle bushings, too much work. Hopefully I will not need them.
Thanks!

Last edited:

Finface

Member ID
Reactions
City
Morning View
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
DGatzby and SixGun,

DGatzy wrote; "You will find the outside edge of the tire nearly hitting the front liner...Measure the remaining room before you buy a taller tire. A fatter one makes it marginally worse. I say that because with a gapped out 11” wide wheel to match a staggered rear 12” wide wheel…A 305/35 rubs!"

Thanks for the explanation of the turning wheel rub potential with other than stock tires on stock wheels - and mentioning the front wheel offset tolerances. I will remember not to ever put stock size 305/35 on my triumphforged gapped-out 11" front wheels - the front wheels that Biz made to match his 12" wide rear wheels.

With smaller diameter, but wider, 315/30 tires on the triumphforged wheels I have done full steering wheel turns and haven't seen any rubbing issues.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
DGatzby and SixGun,

DGatzy wrote; "You will find the outside edge of the tire nearly hitting the front liner...Measure the remaining room before you buy a taller tire. A fatter one makes it marginally worse. I say that because with a gapped out 11” wide wheel to match a staggered rear 12” wide wheel…A 305/35 rubs!"

Thanks for the explanation of the turning wheel rub potential with other than stock tires on stock wheels - and mentioning the front wheel offset tolerances. I will remember not to ever put stock size 305/35 on my triumphforged gapped-out 11" front wheels - the front wheels that Biz made to match his 12" wide rear wheels.

With smaller diameter, but wider, 315/30 tires on the triumphforged wheels I have done full steering wheel turns and haven't seen any rubbing issues.
@DGatzby @SIXGUN

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #89
OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #90
DGatzby and SixGun,

I was looking at the 305/35’s on the 11” wide wheels last night and thinking a 315/30 would be a nice replacement when I need to. The 305’s really don’t give any edge protection. Besides riding a bit lower, that could be a nice size for the OEM replacements. You look at any of the current replacement costs for 345’s or 325’s lately? I am lucky and made a deal on a couple of hardly used Cup 2 345’s last fall, and I am real glad I did that now.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #92

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
en-TIRE

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Ok, I'll go sit in timeout now....

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #95
It’s Saturday, cut me some slack.

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
I was looking at the 305/35’s on the 11” wide wheels last night and thinking a 315/30 would be a nice replacement when I need to. The 305’s really don’t give any edge protection. Besides riding a bit lower, that could be a nice size for the OEM replacements. You look at any of the current replacement costs for 345’s or 325’s lately? I am lucky and made a deal on a couple of hardly used Cup 2 345’s last fall, and I am real glad I did that now.
I ran the 315/30 Toyo RR on all 4s last year. It worked really well on 11in rear and 10.5 front. Loved the combo. If my new wheels ever come in this year for 12in rear and 11on front I'll move to 325 rear.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #98
I ran the 315/30 Toyo RR on all 4s last year. It worked really well on 11in rear and 10.5 front. Loved the combo. If my new wheels ever come in this year for 12in rear and 11on front I'll move to 325 rear.
Your car certainly liked the 315/30’s! Good info right there.

We just need this pavement to warm up TD!! I had mine out with the spring tease two weeks ago. FYI to me it felt terrible without the aftermarket controller and with the OEM wheels/tires on it. I thought it was a different car, what a big difference. I am getting that little controller problem taken care of before I drive it again.

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
@DGatzby , what controller problem?

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #100
@DGatzby , what controller problem?
I’ll know more tomorrow, but some circuit boards do not seem like they get along with a trickle charger!

Latest Forum Posts