Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Questions/opinions/experience changing from OEM to Powerstop Z26 brake pads...

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Oddly enough, I helped another member swap out his Brembo's for Z26s this morning...

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Sorry, I guess my post reads ambiguously, that was meant to be my opinion, not a correction to your post.

No worries, sorry about that. Was worried my post was going to turn into all caps 🤣

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Oddly enough, I helped another member swap out his Brembo's for Z26s this morning...
The Z26's are a God send....90% reduction in brake dust..(I'm overly anal bout clean wheels including inner barrels)...and I don't track it...best thing I've ever done to the car

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
The Z26's are a God send....90% reduction in brake dust..(I'm overly anal bout clean wheels including inner barrels)...and I don't track it...best thing I've ever done to the car
Definitely not track worthy. I use them anyway, but I need the 2nd exit at the track to slow down in time

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Definitely not track worthy. I use them anyway, but I need the 2nd exit at the track to slow down in time
Just casual driving for as little as a half hr.....wheels would be a mess...would spend a half hr. cleaning them everytime I took the car out...that got old real fast...:(

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images

Have you by chance already seen my rotors I used with Z26s at the track?

I seriously recommend swapping out for track appropriate pads.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
See post #7

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Guess who @BULL helped yesterday? I have already posted early in this thread about the advantages and how I use them 100% on my Challenger on the street. We did my Durango after I unfortunately drove 7500 miles on the Brembos. They worked great, no complaints. Except they dust in a horrible way. The dust is really annoying, ugly and necessary to clean regularly and is a PIA. For me anyway I took the Durango and just drove it away. Since I don’t bother to “bed” my Challenger after I remove the Hawks after race days, I told Bull screw it, they will work fine. Drive about 70 miles doing different things yesterday. If I did not know, I did not notice any difference stopping that Durango on the street. Oh, except a couple times coming to a dead stop, they don't bite and grab like the Brembo set. I can make a professional limo stop with a damn diamond cutter in the back seat. More smooth than the Challenger drives and that is smooth! Also, these calipers will stay clean like this now.
IMG_7349.jpeg

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Have you by chance already seen my rotors I used with Z26s at the track?

I seriously recommend swapping out for track appropriate pads.
I haven’t, I’ll have to try and dig up the post

Hayabusa

HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lunatic Fringe
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 WB Redeye, Sublime
I've had Z23 on my 2015 and moved to Z26's on the other's. For my street cars, they've been great. Z23's/Z26's with ceramic coated wheels and some Iron X = really easy wheel cleaning for an old guy!

This thread reminds me...I have 3 sets of OEM pads in the garage with less than 200-300 miles on them (2 sets from regular body cars and 1 set from my Widebody Redeye). Will have to take pics and post 'em up on the "For Sale" thread.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 HCM6 2022 RENB
For the record, the OEM pads did well stopping from 191. The turnoff is about 3/4mi from the 1.5 line. Worked fine, no smoke or smell, or blue rotors. :)

As much as I hate the dust, I am comfortable with them doing what they need to do. Photo shows the dust on the rear. The dust from the fronts is distributed over the entire side of the car. I guess they are charged particles looking for purchase.
20230714_134425.jpg