Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Insane Prices

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I wish I had your traffic, traffic up here is brutal..
You could move, couldn't you?

Supposedly there's more livestock than people in this state, and there's still land/houses for sale around here as far as I can tell. Of course, there's one fun road in particular where the cows do roam freely in the summer.

On the positive side, they're damn predictable. More so than elk, and definitely more so than deer. All of which tend to behave more logically than people in vehicles.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
You could move, couldn't you?

Supposedly there's more livestock than people in this state, and there's still land/houses for sale around here as far as I can tell. Of course, there's one fun road in particular where the cows do roam freely in the summer.

On the positive side, they're damn predictable. More so than elk, and definitely more so than deer. All of which tend to behave more logically than people in vehicles.
If only more people wanted to build houses out that way 🤣🤣🤣, then I could definitely move. Otherwise real estate and construction is gold in suburbs and cities, unfortunately rural areas lack development lol.

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
Not buying a '23 because I can't get a cassette player.
My last Camaro had a factory 8-track and a CB installed when I got it:cool:
I've owned nothing newer than 1981, the 2nd gen is my favorite

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
If only more people wanted to build houses out that way 🤣🤣🤣, then I could definitely move. Otherwise real estate and construction is gold in suburbs and cities, unfortunately rural areas lack development lol.
There are two small outfits building around here, both with a huge backlog since they can't keep up.

Of course, not wanting any more people in the 'hood, I'm fine with that. Seems like a fair amount of the Texans that come here to hunt decides to move here. The drawback is that once they do, and have their vehicles registered here, there are no obvious warning signs.

Now the easiest way to tell is by their obsession with tailgating. In town, that is. On the open road they disappear quickly in the mirror.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Everytime I've been to Texas if I approached someone faster than they were going they moved to the shoulder to let me pass. Must be a thing out there.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Everytime I've been to Texas if I approached someone faster than they were going they moved to the shoulder to let me pass. Must be a thing out there.
I have no problems with passing them. It's when in town and other speed limited zones (where the limits make sense) that they're fond of tailgating.

That I will not exceed the speed limit in town is probably one reason they let me get away with driving as fast as I do on the highways.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Joined reading this thread again this morning where a couple of my friends here are describing how bad the sight lines are out of a Camaro.

I agree on that one. Back in 2014 sometime before I ordered my first Hellcat, I rented a Camaro for a weekend in Utah. It was an upgrade from their shit box, but no LT1 or anything. Carved up some canyon roads out of SLC, drove it around town. It drove ok, but I hated the interior and as some point out, a guy my size (regular size about 200 lbs and almost 6’) can’t see out of the SOB. So I ordered a Hellcat because a Challenger is about the same size and has sight lines about like my favorite car if all time, my former 2006 300c SRT.

The Hellcat is big and comfy, and it was the most powerful V8 we could imagine they would sell to us! Remember? That is simply the story behind my dislike for a Camaro and my recent loyalty to Dodge. In St Louis for a wedding weekend Hertz attempted to give me a convertible Camaro in about 2017 I think. Did not like that I could barely get my hang up bag in the trunk and oh yes, quickly disliked it inside so much, took one turn in the parking lot, switched back to reverse, parked it. Drive away a very happy man in one of the many Challenger R/T’s they had.

Fast forward to last year. Got a problem. I have become attached to road courses. Drag raced since I was a kid, and love it, but making the buzz last from ten seconds to driving a car around at its max capacity for 15-20 minutes, legally? No shit! What a concept, I love it. No cops to tell me I can’t run the shit out of my car? Damn, I’m in! Let’s visit more and more of these places and see how fast it will go!

Got a larger problem. Long story, but managed to get myself on a dealers list to get the MSRP on some new concept of a Ferrari looking mid-engine type car that Chevrolet has come up with! Shit, I basically have never sat in a drivers seat of a damn old man’s Vette! I have ridden in a few, even coached a few guys around my favorite track. I say to myself, even a virgin driver or two I have coached have nearly done lap times as good as I can drive a Challenger around! But, will it suck to sit in like their Camaro? Well I had to take the plunge. I know and race with all these really decent guys in a Vette club. They got me to attend one of their Saturday shows at the largest Vette dealer in this state. Okay. Finally sat in a new C8 last summer. The coupe sucks like a Camaro, can’t see to the rear or rear quarters. BUT, the convertible (even with the top up) has very different and GOOD visibility! It is more than ok. Big surprise to say the truth! Those different looking seats that look not comfy? They hug and are comfy! Getting in and out? 15 different orthopedic surgeries and four fused lumbar levels? How could that work? Those look so low and so bad? Easy to get in and out! What can I say to my Mopar bros? I hope I can earn enough cash to afford this luxury! Yes, I am a Mopar guy at heart. I want to keep this excellent hot rod (REWB) in my garage too.

Back to the thread. Are the new car prices insane and nearly impossible? Yes!! Are the price of eggs stupid at $6-$10? Yes!! Is the amount of dollars I am asking clients pay me per hour now crazy? Yes, damn it! I want to afford to continue to have fun. If Dodge can’t provide that fun with something new to keep me happy, whatever! I will add more to my “collection”, now that I am older and can! And, I don’t give a damn what is showing on the brand label as long as I can afford it and it works as they say it will.

I want to be able to go to a strip or a track and bullshit with EVERYONE. To say I don’t like GM, just because, is as ignorant as saying I don’t like to eat sushi, but never have tried to eat it. I can and do eat raw fish several times a week. But I think those who say they don’t like it, but then say they never tried it are just fools. Just sayin boys. Don’t make limiting decisions just “because”!

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
There are two small outfits building around here, both with a huge backlog since they can't keep up.

Of course, not wanting any more people in the 'hood, I'm fine with that. Seems like a fair amount of the Texans that come here to hunt decides to move here. The drawback is that once they do, and have their vehicles registered here, there are no obvious warning signs.

Now the easiest way to tell is by their obsession with tailgating. In town, that is. On the open road they disappear quickly in the mirror.
So what you're saying is I should come start building houses so they can flood ur town with taxi's 🤣🤣🤣🤣

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I want to be able to go to a strip or a track and bullshit with EVERYONE. To say I don’t like GM, just because, is as ignorant as saying I don’t like to eat sushi, but never have tried to eat it. I can and do eat raw fish several times a week. But I think those who say they don’t like it, but then say they never tried it are just fools. Just sayin boys. Don’t make limiting decisions just “because”!
Unfortunately that's the case with most fan boys and keyboard warriors. Never driven or riden in the car but run with the stereotypes 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Sometimes, yes. But it can also devolve into idiocy where they stay on the shoulder for a mile trying to let a whole stream of cars pass while they have near misses blasting through intersections wo slowing and showering all the waiting cars w gravel...

And then there are the 8 to 12 inch drop offs at the edge of the shoulder that those folks often act like they cant see. Scary. Half the time i feel like giving them the finger instead of a wave when i pass them

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Sometimes, yes. But it can also devolve into idiocy where they stay on the shoulder for a mile trying to let a whole stream of cars pass while they have near misses blasting through intersections wo slowing and showering all the waiting cars w gravel...

And then there are the 8 to 12 inch drop offs at the edge of the shoulder that those folks often act like they cant see. Scary. Half the time i feel like giving them the finger instead of a wave when i pass them
LOL, I gotta say it was bazaar. I've never been anywhere that is a common behavior. First time I said to my buddy "what is this idiot doing" and he said, "he's pulling over to let you by" I was like...oh.

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
I never understood this blind spot issue, just go faster than everyone else and then you know that you can safely change lanes without worry:unsure::whistle::giggle:

By the way the worst blind spot any of my vehicles I've ever had is my current 13 Ram regular cab, on the left side there is just a ridiculous blind spot that I have to change my seating position to look for cars to merge safely onto the highway every day...it's freakin annoying!!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
My Camaro did have blind spots but I got used to it pretty quick and the mirrors had warning indicators as well. I never really found it to be an issue. It was pretty snappy and I'd just ease on the throttle a bit and hit the turn signal.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
I never understood this blind spot issue, just go faster than everyone else and then you know that you can safely change lanes without worry:unsure::whistle::giggle:

By the way the worst blind spot any of my vehicles I've ever had is my current 13 Ram regular cab, on the left side there is just a ridiculous blind spot that I have to change my seating position to look for cars to merge safely onto the highway every day...it's freakin annoying!!
Worst blind spots from any car I've owned... probably 1981 Turbo Trans Am. But I still have to say that's probably my own fault.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
In my case it was the Peterbilt.

Even on the driver's side, the exhaust stack and sleeper (both wider than the cab) blocked the view to the rear. Passenger side? Whatever could be seen through the door window. To the front, if getting close enough you could hide two cars with the hood.

But it was fine, really, as it had two outside mirrors. Of course, one had to pay attention while driving, which I don't mind.

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
Worst blind spots from any car I've owned... probably 1981 Turbo Trans Am. But I still have to say that's probably my own fault.
You put the Louvers on the rear window, didn’t you😎

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
Unfortunately that's the case with most fan boys and keyboard warriors. Never driven or riden in the car but run with the stereotypes 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
To each his own. You spend your money how you want. I’ll spend mine how I want.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
To each his own. You spend your money how you want. I’ll spend mine how I want.
I'm probably an optimist I guess, Almost ever car has their own purpose, it's gonna do nothing more and nothing less. Try and find the positives of cars rather than harp on the negatives.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
You put the Louvers on the rear window, didn’t you😎
Lol, actually yes (and the 1981 280zx turbo came w the facory louver kit, best i ever saw, but that was the only louvres ever). And the louvers werent the the problem, that big ass B pillar was the problem. But again, if.you take care you can manage anything.