Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Insane Prices

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Would Dodge badging make a Camaro look any better?

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
I saw some loaded up Super Stocks, on a dealers lot, over $100K in 2021.
I make no bones about it, my 22 SS stickered for $98,815 same current price is over $102k
With EP I did not pay that but that was sticker.
I've never tried to get in one.
Last time I tried a vet was in about 96 and I had to crawl out of it at 27 yrs old, NO WAY NOW!!
I'll just stick with my Dodge.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I sat in a ZL1 on the showroom floor. Got in and right out.
I wouldn't have went that far:LOL:

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I wouldn't have went that far:LOL:
This was during my keeping the Charger and buying out the lease or getting something different. I guess that you can see my decision.

TraxMoe

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Heartland
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
POS slasher
You can't see shit out of the Camaro.
[QUOTE="1971demon, post: 303504, member: 1122"]Or the C8[/QUOTE]

[driving] Are you one of those drivers that doesn't know how to use their mirrors or turn signals ? [welcome]

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
[QUOTE="1971demon, post: 303504, member: 1122"]Or the C8
[driving] Are you one of those drivers that doesn't know how to use their mirrors or turn signals ? [welcome][/QUOTE]

Cars in Florida come stock without any of that garbage.

Fucking thing has blind spots the size of a 18 wheeler.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
[QUOTE="1971demon, post: 303504, member: 1122"]Or the C8
[driving] Are you one of those drivers that doesn't know how to use their mirrors or turn signals ? [welcome][/QUOTE]

I used them when I lived in MI, but here in FL it's like you slapped the other drivers in the face with an electronic glove & challenged them to a dual. The ppl in the merge lane will zoom up & try to crowd you out while the fools behind you creep up on your ass so you can't slow down & tuck in behind the asshole crowding you out. They also seem to love hanging just in your blind spot and will speed up/slow down to keep pace.

The ZL1 has monstrous blind spots and a gun slit for a rear window + the seats were apparently designed for midgets.
I got in, flddled with the seats & mirrors, got out & declined the offer of a test drive.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
[driving] Are you one of those drivers that doesn't know how to use their mirrors or turn signals ? [welcome]
I used them when I lived in MI, but here in FL it's like you slapped the other drivers in the face with an electronic glove & challenged them to a dual. The ppl in the merge lane will zoom up & try to crowd you out while the fools behind you creep up on your ass so you can't slow down & tuck in behind the asshole crowding you out. They also seem to love hanging just in your blind spot and will speed up/slow down to keep pace.

The ZL1 has monstrous blind spots and a gun slit for a rear window + the seats were apparently designed for midgets.
I got in, flddled with the seats & mirrors, got out & declined the offer of a test drive.[/QUOTE]

Using it strictly as a drag car would be the only use for me.

KANNINA 2.0

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tucson
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Durango SRT
Was walking around the local stealership showroom yesterday while I was waiting on my Durango in the service dept.

One SRT Challenger and one SRT Charger inside, both with a $7500 dealer "price adjustment."

No other SRTs on the lot anywhere...

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Jenkins here is slapping $7500 bumps on their few STX's.
Then there is the obligatory $2900 'protection pkg' (read: useless add-ons) + 3 separate dealer fees that total another $1500.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Was walking around the local stealership showroom yesterday while I was waiting on my Durango in the service dept.

One SRT Challenger and one SRT Charger inside, both with a $7500 dealer "price adjustment."

No other SRTs on the lot anywhere...
That's pretty standard at many dealers. If you're serious, you can negotiate it sometimes depending on the dealer or just walk.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 HCM6 2022 RENB
Back in the day... I went to NJ on business and the guy picked me up at the hotel and drove me to his factory. He was weaving in and out and cutting people off. He noticed my discomfort and explained that "In NJ, using signals is a sign of weakness, it shows other drivers your intention and gives them the opportunity to cut you off!"

Good to know.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Guess as brand picky some of yall are you'll be driving a Liberty lol.

Dodge is done making exciting cars in case you didn't know. Want a V8 it's Ford or Chevy now.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

Dodge is done making exciting cars in case you didn't know. Want a V8 it's Ford or Chevy now.
Looks like we bought our last Dodge a year ago. I see nothing in the future that we would even look at.

Grand Wagoner over $100K? That's Escalade country with a 6.2 in it.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I noticed the prices of vehicles in general is artificially propped up by different modes of financing including the extension of financial term lengths, addition of favorable lease rates, balloon loans, etc etc.

They should do a study on percentage of people buying cash versus financing both today and 30,40,50 years ago. I would guarantee you that the people who buy cars cash today probably includes less than 5% of auto retail buyers. Stretching loan terms allows for lower loan payments and allows people to get into more expensive vehicles, don't think the manufacturers don't see this because when was the last time you saw manufacturers offer incentivized 72 and 84 month terms?

I'm a big fan of using the system aka leasing/financing when it benefits you the end user but I can't deny this hasn't made a big impact on sticker prices.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I like all kinds of cars and refuse to be brand loyal to any of them. They're not sponsoring me so I don't owe them anything. I'm shopping something else now. I'll be keeping my Hellcat though.

I assumed eventually they'd have something better than the 2016 I own now and I planned to upgrade when they did. That never happened and I'm not interested in $100K Dodge vehicles, limited editions, or EVs so is what it is.

I had a 2016 2SS Camaro and it was fun to drive, sounded great, and made a good daily. You did have to get used to seeing out of it though and I made the mistake of buying the first model year which had too many growing pains and spent enough time at the dealer for repairs that Chevy gave me an 8 year 100K mile warranty for free in order to not make them buy it back. I'll be waiting till year 3 on anything new going forward before getting in.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I assumed eventually they'd have something better than the 2016 I own now and I planned to upgrade when they did.
I mean they made nominal improvements but again that's the difference between dodge and other brands. Dodge just never got the memo and pushed towards change/new generation because fca and stellantis never saw any value in them.

Between the time dodge has released the hellcat, there have been 2.5 generations of e63 amg's, 2 generations of m5's, 2 generations of corvettes, almost 3 generation of mustangs, and the list goes on and on.

The only thing you could say is that dodge had half a generation bump with the introduction of widebody and redeye options.... among other marginal improvements.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I think nominal is the key word there. Other than the Redeye power plant there wasn't enough to justify an upgrade for most that already had a Hellcat. Sitting in my 2016 and a 2022 I wouldn't know the difference other than the Uconnect screen.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

No one says you have to keep buying a new vehicle. There will be plenty of Challengers and Chargers in the wild to buy

TraxMoe

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Heartland
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
POS slasher
I mean they made nominal improvements but again that's the difference between dodge and other brands. Dodge just never got the memo and pushed towards change/new generation because fca and stellantis never saw any value in them.

Between the time dodge has released the hellcat, there have been 2.5 generations of e63 amg's, 2 generations of m5's, 2 generations of corvettes, almost 3 generation of mustangs, and the list goes on and on.

The only thing you could say is that dodge had half a generation bump with the introduction of widebody and redeye options.... among other marginal improvements.

I'm not sure you can consider sub models of the same model the same, The C-7 had the Stingray, Grand Sport, Z06 or the ZR1, it's still a C7 or the LZ1, LZ2 or the LZ3 packages, the Same goes for the other manufactures too