Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Insane Prices

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I think nominal is the key word there. Other than the Redeye power plant there wasn't enough to justify an upgrade for most that already had a Hellcat. Sitting in my 2016 and a 2022 I wouldn't know the difference other than the Uconnect screen.
I will say as far as looks and street usability goes the widebody wins and was a nice improvement, the 275s stock were just terrible. I would have liked to see the fender actually incorporated into the charger/challenger bodylines and I think that would have appeased a lot of the hate towards the fender as well as it looking more like a complete product rather than just slapping wider fenders and calling it a day.

It would also be nice to offer some other brand of tires than these garbage pirelli's, give us the option for michelin as4 or ps4 even if we had to pay $1k it would have been nice.

My biggest gripe is just to fix some of the smaller stuff and like you said uconnect ui never changed and honestly was trash to begin with.

I'll forever play the should have/would have/could have game with the hellcat, because I think the powertrain is legendary but the rest of the car has quite a few holes.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Not sure why "brand loyalty" keeps being brought up because it really isn't that. We all have favorite sport teams and that is our team. The team wins and losses but it is your team. There are some that will change teams just so they never cheer for a losing team. Being a certain car fan is the same thing. Some don't care what they drive, others like a brand and it creates rivalries with others. Would be no fun if someone had a faster car and you just went out and bought the same, you want to win with something different

I have always felt like the odd man out when I was younger because I was the Mopar guy, I liked that. I didn't follow the same chevy path as others. My goal was to beat them not join them

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I'm not sure you can consider sub models of the same model the same, The C-7 had the Stingray, Grand Sport, Z06 or the ZR1, it's still a C7 or the LZ1, LZ2 or the LZ3 packages, the Same goes for the other manufactures too
I mean yeah you could argue the point for corvette, but let's say the zr1 is not a hellcat competitor, that gives you two generations of base or stingray and z06 (c7/c8)

Two generations of gt500's, yes mustang took a side jump with the gt350 but that was geared towards the hardcore track enthuasists.

The rest of the cars have trims like the hellcat i.e e63 amg vs e63 amg S, m5 vs m5 competition, etc etc

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I have a 2016 Cat with 2000 miles on it ( my Sunday breakfast ride )
I was offered 75K this spring & turned it down
Not too many of these things floating around in Canada
I m seeing Scat paks in the 80 s here

Been trying to get a line on a Ghost over here
Good fucken luck
Build the cars 3 hours away & the dealers have no info to date
WTF

FJT
That's just there Cannuck money; how much is that in genuine real money? :)

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
We all have favorite sport teams and that is our team. The team wins and losses but it is your team. There are some that will change teams just so they never cheer for a losing team. Being a certain car fan is the same thing. Some don't care what they drive, others like a brand and it creates rivalries with others. Would be no fun if someone had a faster car and you just went out and bought the same, you want to win with something different
I see where you are going, but personally I think sports teams are different, ideally you find a team and stick with em till death do you part or you lose interest in the sport. Bandwagon fans are often annoying, obnoxious and don't really appreciate the team for what they are... similar to cars

Personally I'm not a "brand loyalist" I appreciate anything that's fast, well engineered, etc etc. I never "hate" on any particular car but it allows me to see positive and negatives of the car in an objective way.

For example people call the hellcats a boat but don't understand the car isn't designed to attack the nurburgring or laguna seca, others call the corvette an old man's car but overlook how it is a jack of all trades american psuedo supercar, and the list of stereotypes goes on and on.

Rivalries are good because it brings the best out of companies, similar to competitive pricing giving consumers the advantage.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
You can't see shit out of the Camaro.
Best wording I ever heard was that it has the visibility of Normandy bunker firing slit

TraxMoe

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Heartland
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
POS slasher
I mean yeah you could argue the point for corvette, but let's say the zr1 is not a hellcat competitor, that gives you two generations of base or stingray and z06 (c7/c8)

Two generations of gt500's, yes mustang took a side jump with the gt350 but that was geared towards the hardcore track enthuasists.

The rest of the cars have trims like the hellcat i.e e63 amg vs e63 amg S, m5 vs m5 competition, etc etc
I would consider the stock Challenger, SRT, Shaker, Wide Body, Redeye or Demon or any of the other 18 configurations of the Challenger be any different than those with the C7 or Mustang platforms, they are just options to the original platforms

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
No one says you have to keep buying a new vehicle. There will be plenty of Challengers and Chargers in the wild to buy
While I appreciate my Hellcat and do plan to keep it long term now, I do still want to have something new to look forward to on the horizon. Will get pretty boring buying used Hellcats.

Let's not forget Dodge pretty much came right out and said we're not their customer anymore, so there's that.

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
That's just there Cannuck money; how much is that in genuine real money? :)
About a dozen eggs.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I would consider the stock Challenger, SRT, Shaker, Wide Body, Redeye or Demon or any of the other 18 configurations of the Challenger be any different than those with the C7 or Mustang platforms, they are just options to the original platforms
I mean at the end of the day the platforms did get an update which dodge hasn't done, the m5 is part of the 5 series platform and the e63 is part of the e class platform.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2

Weather Man

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sauk Rapids
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat Widebody Redeye
The guys who are flexible and work the deal will be rewarded, dealers do not like aging inventory.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Eggs are the new gold!
Yes, and I heard that Biden is tapping into the federal egg reserve, and selling some to China.

Anyway, am I the only one who thinks the current Challenger (in my case an '18) is fine as is? Yeah, I'm one of those that like it when they don't needlessly change things.

If they made a '28 that's identical to what I have now (and ideally with less tech), I'd probably buy one.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Anyway, am I the only one who thinks the current Challenger (in my case an '18) is fine as is? Yeah, I'm one of those that like it when they don't needlessly change things.
Since dodge heinously decided to charge $1k for factory nav I opted out.

I would like to see these few changes at minimum

Wireless android auto/apple carplay
360 degree cameras
Backup camera that doesn't look like a potato
Uconnect pages load faster

I'm not looking for anything massive just a few updates.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I'm happy to report that the $65 (+/-) refurbished Garmins I use work just fine.

I have no use for any of the cameras, or any kind of carplay. In my ideal world, the damn touch screen would be replaced with real gauges. That way it wouldn't take any time for the performance pages to load.

Last edited:

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I'm happy to report that the $65 (+/-) refurbished Garmins I use work just fine.

I have no use for any of the cameras, or any kind of carplay. In my ideal world, the damn touch screen would be replaced with real gauges. That way it would take any time for the performance pages to load.
Wireless/aa replaces the outdated $65 garmin.

I get some of you guys are old school and reluctant to change but having your phone display an updated map w/traffic on your nav screen is a no brainer 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Cameras are a nice touch if you park in tight garages or live in the city, can help save your splitter from rubbing

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
Not buying a '23 because I can't get a cassette player.

Last edited:

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Wireless/aa replaces the outdated $65 garmin.

I get some of you guys are old school and reluctant to change but having your phone display an updated map w/traffic on your nav screen is a no brainer 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Cameras are a nice touch if you park in tight garages or live in the city, can help save your splitter from rubbing
My military grade Kyocera flip phone, the only kind I've found that I won't break within a few weeks, wouldn't be ideal for that purpose. Besides, there's no traffic to display.

In my case, summer tourist season is the worst we see as far as traffic goes, and that means I may have to wait for a vehicle to go by at the one stop sign (a mile from the house). All this other city type nonsense like stop lights, sidewalks, etc. is a minimum of 70 miles away.

But I do appreciate my Valentine One radar detectors allowing me to cruise at 100 plus where the curves aren't too tight.

Tight garage parking? Thankfully all our late model cars have come with three mirrors, making it easy to back into any space we have. No need for electronic curb feelers, in other words.

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #59
Would Dodge badging make a Camaro look any better?
The more I look at it....the more it looks like one of my grandsons transformer toys...but to your question....does it ever help to put lipstick on a pig:unsure:

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
My military grade Kyocera flip phone, the only kind I've found that I won't break within a few weeks, wouldn't be ideal for that purpose. Besides, there's no traffic to display.

In my case, summer tourist season is the worst we see as far as traffic goes, and that means I may have to wait for a vehicle to go by at the one stop sign (a mile from the house). All this other city type nonsense like stop lights, sidewalks, etc. is a minimum of 70 miles away.

But I do appreciate my Valentine One radar detectors allowing me to cruise at 100 plus where the curves aren't too tight.

Tight garage parking? Thankfully all our late model cars have come with three mirrors, making it easy to back into any space we have. No need for electronic curb feelers, in other words.
I wish I had your traffic, traffic up here is brutal.

Sometimes in the city there's a lot of tight parking garages.