Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Wow did I just convince myself to buy an Electric CARšŸ˜³

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #121
It just feels good to shoot yourself in the foot, huh?
Not at all I love having many vehicles and will always be intrigued for the latest technology and drive them. Do I actually keep them.....šŸ˜. Well if you look at my over 150 plus vehicle purchases the odds are against them which is why I am a Motƶrhead to the max.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Hey CC if ya want it buy it..I wouldn't worry bout approval from anyone..but..man its just not me..Ice or Ev...the thing has no appeal to me..just my .02

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Not at all I love having many vehicles and will always be intrigued for the latest technology and drive them. Do I actually keep them.....šŸ˜. Well if you look at my over 150 plus vehicle purchases the odds are against them which is why I am a Motƶrhead to the max.
motorhead..????...and here all this time I've been callin you a melon head...:unsure::unsure::unsure:

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I don't think it's about the quantity of vehicles bought, but the quality. I know I've bought well over 150, but I still have a clean record...not a single Furd or electric vehicle.

Unless you count the John Deere eGator I bought for dirt cheap on a whim. I call it "the Prius" as it's as close to owning something like that I'll ever get.

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
I've owned over 75 vehicles. Guess I'm just a rookie.

SIXGUN

U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Madeira Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye Widebody
I think you're very generous with the 10-15 minute fill time. It takes me less than 10 minutes including filling in the log book and resetting Trip A.

Have you tried squeezing the handle on the nozzle past the first click, where fuel starts to come out?
Yep, very generous!!

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Not necessarily. Depends on how many over 75 you've owned.

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
Not necessarily. Depends on how many over 75 you've owned.
At my age, going back almost 60 years; the memory gets a little hazy.

SilverBillet

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Why did I just convince myself to buy an Electric CAR?:eek:
Fixed it for you!

Last edited:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
@ first I thought WTF...150 that's a huge number...then I thought hell I've been buyin cars for over 53 years..and been buyin cars for my wife for 49 years..and my son through HS and college..suddenly 150 aint that many...

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #131

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
CC we need to talk about how the YouTube algorithm works šŸ˜‚ shorter videos typically get more views. This is because YouTube really like to weigh in the watch time. So if you post a 45 minute video chances are people will click through or not finish it. This makes it so YouTube wonā€™t recommend the video to as many people. I will say I have watched more of the electric vehicle stuff out of curiosity

So my electrician ran a 30 amp not a 50 amp outlet in my garage. Does the car come with a bunch of different adapters or just the 110?

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #133
@ first I thought WTF...150 that's a huge number...then I thought hell I've been buyin cars for over 53 years..and been buyin cars for my wife for 49 years..and my son through HS and college..suddenly 150 aint that many...
True and actually I think I am close to 200šŸ˜³

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
True and actually I think I am close to 200šŸ˜³
Have you ever bought and sold enough cars in one year you needed a dealers license ? I think it is 25 cars

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #135
CC we need to talk about how the YouTube algorithm works šŸ˜‚ shorter videos typically get more views. This is because YouTube really like to weigh in the watch time. So if you post a 45 minute video chances are people will click through or not finish it. This makes it so YouTube wonā€™t recommend the video to as many people. I will say I have watched more of the electric vehicle stuff out of curiosity

So my electrician ran a 30 amp not a 50 amp outlet in my garage. Does the car come with a bunch of different adapters or just the 110?

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Darn. There what I figured. Iā€™m my pole barn Iā€™ll have 50 amp. But the house garage. I wonder if thereā€™s be a way to mount it to the ceiling so the cord isnā€™t in the way. Thatā€™s another worry Iā€™ve had on elective cars.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
I don't think it's about the quantity of vehicles bought, but the quality. I know I've bought well over 150, but I still have a clean record...not a single Furd or electric vehicle.

Unless you count the John Deere eGator I bought for dirt cheap on a whim. I call it "the Prius" as it's as close to owning something like that I'll ever get.
Fixed for you @Jimmy N. šŸ˜…šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜…

"I know I've bought well over 150, but I still have a clean record...not a single Furd, Taxi or electric vehicle."

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
CC...I skimmed through your video..(green acres is the only thing I can watch for more than 20 min)...then it finally came to me..I don't hate any car really..(well maybe the Maverick)..but I think the reason this car holds no appeal at all for me is it's so utilitarian period..no more than basic transportation..and the fact it's electric..well it reminds me of my golf cart...I don't care for the stance and aesthetically it's boring to me..other than being the last vehicle in the driveway on grocery day...I would have no reason to ever get behind the wheel :(

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
CC, I understand the new and god awful blue, but you are not going to win any points on this forum. Seems to be from an open minded Biden hating red neck. You have bought yo self a piece of turd. I am sure nickel, compound for the power plant of the auto, has gone up another 15% tonight. Another plow to have consumers to be sucked in. I will die with the Dina sores.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
..I don't care for the stance and aesthetically it's boring to me..other than being the last vehicle in the driveway on grocery day...I would have no reason to ever get behind the wheel :(
Not even the goofy wheels that look like the spokes are broken from the factory appeal to you??