Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What's Going To Be Your Next Car?

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Right, they are doing this while it has become more than apparent one of their main ingredients for batteries may be unobtainable? They are drinking the same kool aid the administration is. That attitude and policy is going to last about as long as it takes the next administration to make drilling possible again and drive down the price of fuel.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Keep up the electric talk. Even one of the most liberal bastions of information knows about the problem.

4D2756E9-AEDB-4B70-96B6-A382632EF0A0.png

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
On the surface it may seem so...now factor in the geo political ramifications of an unstable oil industry in the mid east...this isn't just about the auto industry...and the move to EV...and has even less to do with the insignificantly small segment of aficionados of ICE..(us guys)..this will be no walk in the park for the EV agenda..much less a ride up a river by any name...
Perhaps. And again, I’m not suggesting it’s wise. However the GLOBAL momentum towards the Electrification movement is huge. And that movement is related to an even broader goal of decarbonization of the global economy so as to minimize planetary warming and sea level rise.

So if it is determined, say within the next decade that electrification isn’t the primary way to help achieve “net carbon zero”, then another way (more hydrogen fuel cells perhaps?) might replace lithium as the perceived new “answer”. My point is that no matter what path or technology is “chosen”, hydrocarbon energy will NOT be the path forward. Changing THAT narrative won’t happen at this point. That horse has left the barn and the toothpaste used to clean its oversized teeth can’t be put back in the tube.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
There are so many factors that make this agenda absolute nonsense ...#1...impulse buying...(a huge segment want it now...TODAY !!!)..kiss those buyers goodbye...#2...people want to see it (in person)..how many times have you heard...pictures don't do it justice...#3...people want to sit in it and drive it...(another segment lost)..Do I need to go on ???...ill -conceived destined to fail short lived concept...
I dunno. Wouldn't affect me, really. Mostly I order vehicles that I've only seen photos of.
Same with buying used. No test drives, no kicking tires, no needless interaction with salesmen.

Although, the interaction with the salesgirl that delivered the most recent used car I bought sight unseen wasn't bad at all. DSCN3895.JPG

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
I dunno. Wouldn't affect me, really. Mostly I order vehicles that I've only seen photos of.
Same with buying used. No test drives, no kicking tires, no needless interaction with salesmen.

Although, the interaction with the salesgirl that delivered the most recent used car I bought sight unseen wasn't bad at all. View attachment 66593
@Jimmy N. posting a 4 door vehicle 🥶. Blasphemy. A changed man? 🤣😂🤣😂.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

Although, the interaction with the salesgirl that delivered the most recent used car I bought sight unseen wasn't bad at all. View attachment 66593
We're not the norm...most kick tires..test drives..from dealer to dealer..with @ least 3 to 4 options..most asked question ??? how much a month...uhhh the vast majority on here...don't do that...were the minority..no matter what color we are...:p:p:p

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
oh no.......did we see him wearin an ascot ???:oops:

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
A Waw Was.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Umm, did I mention that I sold that multi-door thing and replaced it with a Challenger?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Perhaps. And again, I’m not suggesting it’s wise. However the GLOBAL momentum towards the Electrification movement is huge. And that movement is related to an even broader goal of decarbonization of the global economy so as to minimize planetary warming and sea level rise.

So if it is determined, say within the next decade that electrification isn’t the primary way to help achieve “net carbon zero”, then another way (more hydrogen fuel cells perhaps?) might replace lithium as the perceived new “answer”. My point is that no matter what path or technology is “chosen”, hydrocarbon energy will NOT be the path forward. Changing THAT narrative won’t happen at this point. That horse has left the barn and the toothpaste used to clean its oversized teeth can’t be put back in the tube.
Agreed..however the net carbon zero initiative..will never work...can you see China...S, Korea..S America..Russia..South Africa..adhereing to the goal of decarbonization....my guess...this planet is going to do whatever it pleases despite man's best intentions..but hell..what do I know...I'm just an idiot right???:unsure::unsure:

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
..most asked question ??? how much a month...
Yeah, now that you mention it. When I ask "How much would this car cost me?", the answer usually begins with "You can get payments as low as....".

And when I try again, they generally want to talk about the value of the trade-in. If there is a trade-in, I say that I don't care what you value either vehicle at, but please tell me the difference - how much it'd cost me to buy it.

It's actually a lot easier when getting a new, young, salesman on the phone. The more established ones often don't seem to understand the concept of buying a car and simply pay for it.

Yep, you're right, we are a minority.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Yeah, now that you mention it. When I ask "How much would this car cost me?", the answer usually begins with "You can get payments as low as....".

And when I try again, they generally want to talk about the value of the trade-in. If there is a trade-in, I say that I don't care what you value either vehicle at, but please tell me the difference - how much it'd cost me to buy it.

It's actually a lot easier when getting a new, young, salesman on the phone. The more established ones often don't seem to understand the concept of buying a car and simply pay for it.

Yep, you're right, we are a minority.
My deals are pretty straight forward as well...I don't need their financing ..and the F&I guy is not gonna make any money sellin me extras...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

recurveman

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithton
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat WB
Agreed..however the net carbon zero initiative..will never work...can you see China...S, Korea..S America..Russia..South Africa..adhereing to the goal of decarbonization....my guess...this planet is going to do whatever it pleases despite man's best intentions..but hell..what do I know...I'm just an idiot right???:unsure::unsure:
George Carlin said it best. “The planet will shake off the human species like a bad case of fleas”.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
My deals are pretty straight forward as well...I don't need their financing ..and the F&I guy is not gonna make any money sellin me extras...
Once reaching an agreement, yes.

On my recent hunt for a Challenger, one outfit in Oklahoma had one that fit the bill, and for a good price...until it was time to get the numbers on paper. Then thousands of dollars worth of incentives and rebates disappeared, and were replaced with an ADM(!).

Found another one in SoCal, of all places, at a great price. On that one all the rebates only applied to CA residents. Said thanks, but no thanks. He suggested I'd use some friend's address in CA and register it there.

Apparently he has no idea how little it costs to register cars elsewhere, as any savings on the purchase price would've disappeared in CA taxes and fees, and then some.

Plus, I would've had to venture into CA again to get it, which I avoid at almost any cost. Although, in retrospect, pestering Hellcatcfp in person, on his home turf, could've been worth it.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
A 3 wheeled trike.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Wouldn't three unicycles fit better in the garage?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Wouldn't three unicycles fit better in the garage?
I have one of those in my man cave....and used to be able to ride it...operative term..."used to"...o_O

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
This initiative by Ford...(if true)..has disaster written all over it..
Ford hasn't been able to get their shit together anyway.

Im fine with cutting out the dealer.
Let me order a car and have it delivered.
I can shop bank rates etc.

But I think most people like to see the car in person first.
My wife is like that. When Jeep shopping last year she kept falling in love with different trims/colors etc but it wasn't what we wanted. Finally ordered one and she loved it. Took 6 weeks to get it.

Right now, im seeing people trying to flip Jailbreak Redeyes and I think that is the dumbest thing ever. A car that is geared for special orders being ordered to be flipped???

I think that plan is backfiring on Dodge because dealers want large markups on them and dumbasses think the car is a special limited edition

Dodge really should have just put that car online for people to spec and buy and bypass the dealer. But i think there is going to be some fighting in the courts to finally see that done away with.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Ford hasn't been able to get their shit together anyway.

Im fine with cutting out the dealer.
Let me order a car and have it delivered.
I can shop bank rates etc.

But I think most people like to see the car in person first.
My wife is like that. When Jeep shopping last year she kept falling in love with different trims/colors etc but it wasn't what we wanted. Finally ordered one and she loved it. Took 6 weeks to get it.

Right now, im seeing people trying to flip Jailbreak Redeyes and I think that is the dumbest thing ever. A car that is geared for special orders being ordered to be flipped???

I think that plan is backfiring on Dodge because dealers want large markups on them and dumbasses think the car is a special limited edition

Dodge really should have just put that car online for people to spec and buy and bypass the dealer. But i think there is going to be some fighting in the courts to finally see that done away with.
Wouldn't be the first time I've seen a large company shoot themselves in the foot trying to combine distribution with manufacturing,,,:rolleyes::rolleyes: