Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What's Going To Be Your Next Car?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I am leaning this way too...as 71 says the easy button is buy the Z06 and then look at what the ZR1 brings...but if loss of FPC for the Z then my interest goes down (even if its all ICE). The Z06 is as pure as it gets too...no forced induction just balls out NA craziness....

but before i get flamed..i DO love my supercharger and its whine and added power...its just that the 8600 redline/FPC Z06 would fit a new niche in the garage.....and fit/play nicely with the demon and viper...
Ya know...for an intellectual..yer not a bad guy...and ya got it figured out..the Z06 fills a void in yer collection..that FPC...will complete the symphony..you wont want much else...(or need it if you can drive)...now...did ya really need that PHD.:giggle::giggle:

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
According to an Engineer at Dodge, they name their power plants after warbirds and that is why the 6.4L 392 is known as the "Apache". The supercharged 6.2 is named after the WW2 vintage Grumman Hellcat.
Then "Thunderbolt" is a likely candidate for a muscle EV. (Not that I'm interested in an EV)
thumb-1920-176432.jpg
1052221-gorgerous-a10-warthog-wallpaper-1920x1080-4k.jpg

555 Redeye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairborn
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 SRT Jailbreak
28468039_1884405334904881_8600909596973324567_n[1].jpg

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
I wonder more when are they going to convince any of these Oil Giants that putting electric stalls in place at their existing gas stations is the way of the future. Aka cut your profit margins by 50-75%. Wouldn’t you think they should convince them first? I mean as of right now the marketing for electric is basically well if your a well-to-do individual you can charge your car at your home given you own your home and it has a garage where you can install a charging port.. so what about 90 percent of people living in the inner city which is most of the population that don’t have a garage to charge their cars? Are they just shit out of luck? God help them if they have to leave there cars at a stall that has no security or surveillance and they get their car jacked or broken In to…

Point Being most of America has 0 charging network it’s like a novelty at best in current times.
Maybe I’m being overly cautious but even if I would buy an EV, which I won’t, I would have concerns charging it in my garage. That sum bitch starts on fire the whole house is toast. 👎

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Maybe I’m being overly cautious but even if I would buy an EV, which I won’t, I would have concerns charging it in my garage. That sum bitch starts on fire the whole house is toast. 👎
Dude...its only a house...lighten up...:p:p

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
In my case, I'd much rather the house burnt down than the garage. Not that I'd like ether to go up in flames, but given the choice...

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
I have a charging system in my garage from the previous owner. My Kat growls at it every night.:cool:

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Ya know...for an intellectual..yer not a bad guy...and ya got it figured out..the Z06 fills a void in yer collection..that FPC...will complete the symphony..you wont want much else...(or need it if you can drive)...now...did ya really need that PHD.:giggle::giggle:
For an opinionated old fart 💨 you aren’t half bad either 71. We will have to have a beer someday after a few laps in our vipers (or z06s). 😉

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
For an opinionated old fart 💨 you aren’t half bad either 71. We will have to have a beer someday after a few laps in our vipers (or z06s). 😉
I’ll sit in the stands and wave😂

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
In my case, I'd much rather the house burnt down than the garage. Not that I'd like ether to go up in flames, but given the choice...
A little too close to home recently but I agree...

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
But no high winding (indy race car like) flat plane crank either....i do like the added HP for sure...
Why do you need a flat plane crank to turn RPM?

Exhibit A:

I will add that I believe the Zora and ZR1 engines will be revised versions of the Z06 engine. Its a bespoke thing now but GM is going to use that block/heads to make some wild stuff with boost.

I can't find a dealer in the area that wants to play ball on the Z06 and no one is taking anything for a car that doesn't exist yet. Hopefully GM gets its shit together as I'd like a Z06 but probably not getting one until 2025 at this rate.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Wow here we are in the Ford forum😁. Oops I mean the Dodge Forum and not one person has referenced Dodge replacement Hellcat future release vehicle😳

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I'm enjoying my current car. There is nothing on my radar for my next car. Next car doesn't have to be a new car either. I was in my 40's before owning a new car

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Wow here we are in the Ford forum😁. Oops I mean the Dodge Forum and not one person has referenced Dodge replacement Hellcat future release vehicle😳
That alone should tell you everything you need to know…

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Yup...we're done...but the hype and excitement stared 8yrs ago..and it got better every year...and now its over...nothing lasts forever...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I'm enjoying my current car. There is nothing on my radar for my next car. Next car doesn't have to be a new car either. I was in my 40's before owning a new car
I get it...it's not a car you can easily get tired of...but I must say..if Mopar just happens to release a killer ICE grand finale ....(and I liked it)..I know I would be on it like stink on a monkey...;););)

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I get it...it's not a car you can easily get tired of...but I must say..if Mopar just happens to release a killer ICE grand finale ....(and I liked it)..I know I would be on it like stink on a monkey...;););)
You and others and I will bet there will be something

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
You and others and I will bet there will be something
I just don't see it happening...especially with Stellantis callin the shots...

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I just don't see it happening...especially with Stellantis callin the shots...
I disagree. If he were so against ICE why all the push at the end with the jailbreak and other parts? Does not make sense to me why this big push when you will be not making this in 2 years. I would be just finishing it out and not putting any more money into it at this point. The carbon fiber wheels I heard they are making have to be going on something