Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Vibrant 1794?

Hemiride

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Farwell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
As the title says is that what people are using when they do a mid muffler delete ? I want more sound but not quite the raspyness of no mufflers at all.

Beast707

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Carol Stream
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger WB M6 Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
That's why I chose the Vibrant 1794 over the Dynomax. I did 4 Vibrant 1794's w/MFER-1 and not raspy but deep growl tone. Sounds like a HC should.

OP
Hemiride

Hemiride

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Farwell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #3
Do they come in different lengths? If so what length did u use?
Did u notice any drone?

AllGoldMac

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Scottsdale
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Charger Hellcat
I'm going to be swapping out my mids for 1794's this week. pretty excited.

Beast707

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Carol Stream
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger WB M6 Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Do they come in different lengths? If so what length did u use?
Did u notice any drone?
1794 comes in one length. If there is drone it isn't enough for me to really notice driving.

OP
Hemiride

Hemiride

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Farwell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #6
Who has the best deal?
I c most are selling them for $49

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
I think the 1795’s are 18 inches long which may be a better replacement lengthwise. No one ever seems to talk about them even though guys who use 1794’s also require straight pipe welded in to fit.

OP
Hemiride

Hemiride

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Farwell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #8
I've been looking around and found those.

The stock mufflers look like they r straight through. By using these would a person just be using stock for stock, sound wise?

Member ID
Reactions
City
South Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I swapped my mid mufflers and rear resonators with vibrant 1794s; very happy with the sound and no loss of low end torque. Very minimal drone, until I installed headers, and now it is "drone-city" at 1900rpms/8th gear. But this aint my daily driver, so no biggie for me.

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
This was my first mod.

Replaced the mufflers with 1794s. What a difference! Deep growl & gets louder with more throttle.

...and cold starts. Yeah!

Find a parking garage & count the alarms, when you remote start!

Bob
Riverside, California

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
My scat pack is still stock since I finally just took delivery of it.....anyway I have been considering the 1794 to replace the mid mufflers since I started looking at these cars. Now that I have driven my car a few times, I am not quite as convinced that I need to upgrade, but still thinking about it. The stock exhaust is actually pretty decent.....it could be just a touch louder really but I also like that the valves keep the car nearly quiet when you are just cruising down the highway....

I wish I knew someone local that had that done. I think if I heard it in person it would be an easier decision to make lol. I bet its a bigger difference outside the car than inside the car too...no?

OP
Hemiride

Hemiride

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Farwell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #12
I did the 1794s on my kitty in September.
The exhaust valves still work.
The biggest difference is at idle and wide open throttle. At cruising speed the sound is close to stock in my opinion.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Plant City
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger
My scat pack is still stock since I finally just took delivery of it.....anyway I have been considering the 1794 to replace the mid mufflers since I started looking at these cars. Now that I have driven my car a few times, I am not quite as convinced that I need to upgrade, but still thinking about it. The stock exhaust is actually pretty decent.....it could be just a touch louder really but I also like that the valves keep the car nearly quiet when you are just cruising down the highway....

I wish I knew someone local that had that done. I think if I heard it in person it would be an easier decision to make lol. I bet its a bigger difference outside the car than inside the car too...no?
When I had my Scaptpack I did a lot of research and on the Scatp[acks, the Dynomax mini Racing Bullets are the b best to get that Deep Growl sound. it onset much louder (if at all) than stock, but noticeably deeper. great sound IMO!! On the Hellcat, which I have now the Vibrants seems to be the best for the same reason.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Bob,
Think,, 55 pan head straight pipes, retard the distributor, and go thru a tunnel. Wapppa,, wappa, pop. Just blew the gasket off pipe #1. Do it a gain in 34 degree air and burn a ring. But the flame,, all about the flame.

NYCSRTATE

Member ID
Reactions
City
NYC
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Charger Hellcat
Video post whore time.

1795 a tad longer than the 1794 with MFer1 exhaust valve kit.

That was after install they have gotten louder!

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
When I had my Scaptpack I did a lot of research and on the Scatp[acks, the Dynomax mini Racing Bullets are the b best to get that Deep Growl sound. it onset much louder (if at all) than stock, but noticeably deeper. great sound IMO!! On the Hellcat, which I have now the Vibrants seems to be the best for the same reason.
The youtube videos out there with Vibrant and Dynomax bullet swaps aren't too plentiful, there are more of the Vibrant honestly. The ones I have seen, I don't hear too much of a sound difference between the two except maybe the Vibrant 1794's seem to product a little cleaner of a sound which I like. The Dynomax seems a little more blatty too which I am not so sure I am on board for. I really would like to get a good sample of how much louder these are than stock though....

I really wish I could hear this in person. I guess since its not too expensive to do I could always change it again if I don't end up liking it...

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
What exhaust mods (to get the louder, deeper sound) are out there that have no possibility of voiding any warranty (on Hellcat)?

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
I know its been a couple months.....but just curious have you heard both in person? I am still trying to decide....get ready for spring and all.....From everything I have listened to they sound almost exactly the same. The Dynomax seems like it might be a little blatty at WOT, and the Vibrant sounds a cleaner, a bit lower, and not blatty. Am I wrong? Maybe I should put the Vibrants on? Trying to decide and videos are really not helping...

Member ID
Reactions
City
Plant City
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger
I know its been a couple months.....but just curious have you heard both in person? I am still trying to decide....get ready for spring and all.....From everything I have listened to they sound almost exactly the same. The Dynomax seems like it might be a little blatty at WOT, and the Vibrant sounds a cleaner, a bit lower, and not blatty. Am I wrong? Maybe I should put the Vibrants on? Trying to decide and videos are really not helping...
I have not hard them side by side, but I had the Dynomax on my Scatpack when I had it and the Vibrants on my Hellcat. I believe they were the [perfect match for both vehicles. I am not sure how the Vobrants would sound on the Scatpack...maybe just like the they do on the Hellcat. Check out YouTube vids and see if you can hear a difference. Hope this helps.

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
I have not hard them side by side, but I had the Dynomax on my Scatpack when I had it and the Vibrants on my Hellcat. I believe they were the [perfect match for both vehicles. I am not sure how the Vobrants would sound on the Scatpack...maybe just like the they do on the Hellcat. Check out YouTube vids and see if you can hear a difference. Hope this helps.
Well I have been listening to vids of both on YouTube....it's hard to hear too much of a difference but it is really hard to decide anything exhaust related from videos like that...