Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Vibrant 1794?

Proud American

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Challenger
I understand that this is a tough decision for many. Here is what worked for me (true story)...
Late last summer one evening I was sitting on my deck, listening to a Molly Hatchet CD, and drinking Jim Beam. I said "screw it" and ordered a pair of 1794's from Summit. They showed up by noon the next day and I immediately had them installed. Zero regrets.
Also, they had a "freight free" deal when the order exceeded $100. Since I was just under I also ordered a "Millienial Anti-Theft Device" t-shirt that came with a picture of manual shifter. 😄

StingrayZ51

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lindenhurst
State
IL
Country
United States
How many on here, I know of only one I think, have replaced both the mid and rear mufflers with Vibrant’s? I have the mids done but id like to try and put the 1794’s in the rear attached to the stock tips to see how it sounds before spending $2k on one of the HHP exhausts. Would the fit and how’s the sound compared to just replacing the mids. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Vibrant 1142.

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
Ultra Quiet Resonator???

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Yes. They do not drone like the 1794s. For me they are the only muffler/resonator in my system with over 1010 rear wheel torque.

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
I ordered a pair of the 1794s yesterday and they were delivered today already. I ordered from Summit too....check these babies out! IMG_20200306_200252.jpg

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
If you still have the rest of your exhaust intact then they are ok. I do not. The 1794s do drone a bit.

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
If you still have the rest of your exhaust intact then they are ok. I do not. The 1794s do drone a bit.
You mean if you have only the 1794's and no other mufflers or resonators then you get drone? So does factory resonator with mid mufflers deleted and straight piped...

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
I ordered a pair of the 1794s yesterday and they were delivered today already. I ordered from Summit too....check these babies out! View attachment 13700
Looks good can't wait for your feedback.

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Yes. But I did have the rear resonators on at the time and got drone. See if you like them. Maybe you will. If not it is a relatively inexpensive mistake. I have alot of hp and 2 inch headers.

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
Yes. But I did have the rear resonators on at the time and got drone. See if you like them. Maybe you will. If not it is a relatively inexpensive mistake. I have alot of hp and 2 inch headers.
Interesting...I am planning on swapping out just the mids with these, leaving everything else stock. Now you have me wondering if I should just send them back! LOL I have not heard one review doing what I am saying they had drone, other than with Automatics when you get cylinder deactivation in eco mode.....but that won't happen on mine since its a manual trans.

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
With a stock exhaust you should be fine. You must not have a HC. They don't have cylinder deactivation. Sorry to scare you.

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
With a stock exhaust you should be fine. You must not have a HC. They don't have cylinder deactivation. Sorry to scare you.
Ohhh I missed where you said you had higher HP and headers and stuff....

Ohh nope, I have a 2019 Scat Pack, special ordered mine. It has the valves too which I actually like since it quiets things down cruising down the highway...I couldn't really make the leap into hellcat pricing or the insurance premium for that matter lol and I really didn't feel comfortable buying a used one since you never know what the deal is.....with the power dollars and buying from Koons Dodge Jeep near DC I paid a little over 36K for a custom ordered car, that is loaded up and stickers at almost $50K. I ordered it first Saturday of October and it came in the week of thanksgiving.

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
Ohh I forgot....my car has the manual transmission so I don't have the cylinder deactivation.......but that was the only people complaining about drone was during that with their auto transmissions in eco mode at 2000 to 2800 rpm or whatever....

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
Ohh I forgot....my car has the manual transmission so I don't have the cylinder deactivation.......but that was the only people complaining about drone was during that with their auto transmissions in eco mode at 2000 to 2800 rpm or whatever....
I have an A8 Hellcat and this is the first I'm hearing about cylinder deactivation..Interesting

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
I have an A8 Hellcat and this is the first I'm hearing about cylinder deactivation..Interesting

The hellcats don't have that, you are right about that. The 392, and i guess the 5.7 too.....if you get the A8 has MDS is what FCA calls it.....anyway I was only reading up on reviews with that 1794 muffler swap for 392 cars....some folks were saying that the mini bullets are better for a 392 and th 1794 better for the hellcat etc.....

There were a couple guys that had both and they both said the same thing I was hearing in the videos...that the mini bullets are blatty when you punch it. They both said that the 1794 sounds cleaner, and I didn't find any complaints of drone with that swap on the 392 other than when MDS kicks on but that can be disabled too if you do have an Automatic. I didn't care much about that since mine is a manual and the manual cars do not have MDS.

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
Ok got yah..

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
The 1795's are too close to the factory hellcat mufflers for me. In my mind it's not worth changing to them.
I am really tempted to delete the factory mid-mufflers and rear mufflers and just substitute some chambered Pypes Violators (and keep the active exhaust valves) - these should give more the classic muscle car sound we all want (despite a lack of overlap) and none of the drone.

Blatt is bad.

OP
Hemiride

Hemiride

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Farwell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #59
To all
Just remember the car sounds much different on the outside going down the road than from inside the car. So you need to decide which is more important to you.
Have someone you trust pass you on the road with your car to get real world sound. I think you'll be surprised how loud these cars are, even stock.

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat
I put dynomax mini bullets on my M6 TA 392 and really liked them a lot. My 1320 sounded really quiet by comparison so I put them on that too. Now it sounds much better. No regrets in either case. Neither was too loud or too quiet for me. And for $140 all in installed, I couldnt be happier. Id have gone with the vibrants but was so happy with the TA I didnt feel like experimenting. YMMV