Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Stellantis 1st Q Sales

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
One dealer told me
That the truck I want to build
They would not even order for their lot.

They said they would rather order and use that slot for a Denali or something.
Higher profit.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
One dealer told me
That the truck I want to build
They would not even order for their lot.

They said they would rather order and use that slot for a Denali or something.
Seems pretty stupid to turn down a sale.
These are not Demon 170s or some last call bullshit. GM plans to make as many as they possibly can of their trucks and SUVs.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
These are not Demon 170s or some last call bullshit. GM plans to make as many as they possibly can of their trucks and SUVs.
Cash Finance too.

I test drove an SRW at another
Dealer, it’s a nice truck but I want the
DRW.

I asked if he would order one he said no.
He said GM is building only cookie cutter trucks right now. It could take a year to receive my build.

I said that’s fine I am in no hurry.
Still no.

He knocked $3,000 off the SRW.
I said No.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
They like the "shortages" at this point, helps them dump the bottom of the market legitimately and focus only on the upper tier expensive products.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
They like the "shortages" at this point, helps them dump the bottom of the market legitimately and focus only on the upper tier expensive products.

Problem, the profitable trucks are starting to back up on lots.
Wagoneer and GW have 1.9% 72month financing
GMC has 0% or .9% 60 month.
Ram has low rates plus cash on the hood.

Ford is 3.9% and $1000 cash.

Even sitting idled, a factory costs money. Cars not selling will result in discounts.

The shortages are fine if people are willing to buy. At 7 and 8% rates at banks, not many are lining up to buy a truck that seems to be at least 10 to 15k higher than they were 2 years ago.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Cash Finance too.

I test drove an SRW at another
Dealer, it’s a nice truck but I want the
DRW.

I asked if he would order one he said no.
He said GM is building only cookie cutter trucks right now. It could take a year to receive my build.

I said that’s fine I am in no hurry.
Still no.

He knocked $3,000 off the SRW.
I said No.
Wasn't long ago Ford had the idea of being "order only" to try and eliminate backup on lots.

I don't think it has hit the dealers yet, but they have some tough days a head.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Wasn't long ago Ford had the idea of being "order only" to try and eliminate backup on lots.

Some are getting around that by having people order a new vehicle and then back out when it comes in. I have an opportunity to buy a Super Duty if I want it.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Problem, the profitable trucks are starting to back up on lots.
Wagoneer and GW have 1.9% 72month financing
GMC has 0% or .9% 60 month.
Ram has low rates plus cash on the hood.

Ford is 3.9% and $1000 cash.

Even sitting idled, a factory costs money. Cars not selling will result in discounts.

The shortages are fine if people are willing to buy. At 7 and 8% rates at banks, not many are lining up to buy a truck that seems to be at least 10 to 15k higher than they were 2 years ago.
Wagoneer was underwhelming for me. Especially based on what they're asking for it.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Wagoneer was underwhelming for me. Especially based on what they're asking for it.
What are you driving now?

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
It looks like the dealers are trying to make a new business model. In the old days there was excess inventory (very expensive to maintain) and heavy discounting (making it difficult to cover the high cost of inventory). Now, they like high prices and low inventory, and they are juggling the numbers to maximize profit (my speculation). At this point, custom orders seem to be the best deal, get exactly what you want without paying for crap you don’t.

Ordered a F150XL 3/22, it is built and shipped 4/15, $3k under sticker. Not as a good deal as you could get in the old days, but it’s a V8 at a good price in an ever changing environment (in a bad way) and I won’t have to worry about a truck for the rest of my life, unless some ahole slams into me.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
What are you driving now?
Nothing new. I found that reasonable miles Challenger HC M6 for $53,000 but cannot justify it right now. (I'm very conservative when it comes to finances - kids are still young even though I'm not - and my health is not all that great now either. If it starts to nose dive, I may just break it out if I can manage it and get something special while there is still time.)

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I'm interested in the 510hp I6 but in a carbide wagoneer.
I dont care for luxury vehicles but I'm interested in that motor. I just don't want to pay 100k to get it. 60k is attractive

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I'm interested in the 510hp I6 but in a carbide wagoneer.
I dont care for luxury vehicles but I'm interested in that motor. I just don't want to pay 100k to get it. 60k is attractive
Crate motor

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Yeah, but knowing Dodge it will probably be $500 less than the Hellcat/hellcrate :rolleyes:

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon

Im glad I don’t have to buy cars for a living
To eat.

I’m glad I don’t have to sell them either.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
To eat.

I didn't have to buy cars for a living, but buying them and fixing them up was an easy way to double my income for a few years, To eat, and pay the bills.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Nothing new. I found that reasonable miles Challenger HC M6 for $53,000 but cannot justify it right now. (I'm very conservative when it comes to finances - kids are still young even though I'm not - and my health is not all that great now either. If it starts to nose dive, I may just break it out if I can manage it and get something special while there is still time.)
Just another comment on this search: I'd love to have a new anything, but that is not practical right now. I'd also love to have a redeye for obvious reasons (of particular interest to me is the more robust construction). But it would appear a regular HC is most feasible. And for most of my applications should have plenty of power and at least a little room to grow through tuning and mild mods.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
To eat.

Agreed. There is a money bags here who collects "classic" cars (anything that catches his fancy). He bought an old bank building on the highway where he stores them all up against the access road. (semi trucks and others turn around and come back to look, etc....) Anyway, he is selling them too. If he likes the offer and the person, okay. If not, no thanks. That's the way I like to sell cars. Don't want to do it to feed the family and pay the bills.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
I didn't have to buy cars for a living, but buying them and fixing them up was an easy way to double my income for a few years, To eat, and pay the bills.
How much fixing did they need on average? Just some maintenance and mods? Full restorations?

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
How much fixing did they need on average? Just some maintenance and mods? Full restorations?
For the most part, basically just buying something for what I knew was a good price, then fixing whatever mechanical ailments they might have had and sell them for a decent profit. It does help when you can honestly say "Yes, everything works".

In one case I'd bought a '65 Cadillac because I wanted one. After putting a new top on it (a first for me, not fun or easy, but a great learning experience) someone offered me way more than I'd paid.

So I bought a cheap '66, but didn't really like the color. And I much prefer the '65 styling, even though they're quite close.
Got about twice what I paid for that one without having done anything to it - other than adding scrapes to the bottom of it by driving around on fire roads having fun.

A couple of times I got free cars from neighbors, like a Rambler American DeLuxe that had sat for over 10 years. Fixed the brakes and got decent money for it.

Bought an old Postal Jeep on the way to work one day for a few hundred. Ended up modifying it heavily (V8, chop, sectioned, lowered, etc.) and supposedly it spent time in the Petersen Automotive Museum at some point, after the buyer had bodywork and paint done to it. I think I had less than $600 in that one.

Well, you get the idea. It was a little of everything.