Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Stellantis 1st Q Sales

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Very cool. And I love the old Post Office jeeps. I can still remember the sound the one that came to my parents house made (it was on a slope). That sound meant MAIL! Which was always a cool thing then (when I wasn't getting bills and junk mail). :)

Remember when they experimented with the electric version in 1974? Pretty much way ahead of their time.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Remember when they experimented with the electric version in 1974? Pretty much way ahead of their time.
That was ahead of my time, too.
Have one Postal I put together years ago, now with 4WD, under hood welder and compressor, winch, etc. Quite a useful little machine.

Anyway, realized that these days I mostly make money on vehicles the lazy way. Recently made 10K on a Unimog I parked in the garage after buying it maybe five years ago. It didn't come with a hood so I put one on it, but otherwise didn't touch a thing.

Similarly, drove a Trackhawk for about a year and a half, then sold it for some 8K more than I had paid. Could've got more, but selling to Carvana was quick and simple.

Not selling it, but could probably get close to what I paid for my '17 Ram 3500. Just have to buy the right things at the right time, for the right price.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
That was ahead of my time, too.
Have one Postal I put together years ago, now with 4WD, under hood welder and compressor, winch, etc. Quite a useful little machine.

Anyway, realized that these days I mostly make money on vehicles the lazy way. Recently made 10K on a Unimog I parked in the garage after buying it maybe five years ago. It didn't come with a hood so I put one on it, but otherwise didn't touch a thing.

Similarly, drove a Trackhawk for about a year and a half, then sold it for some 8K more than I had paid. Could've got more, but selling to Carvana was quick and simple.

Not selling it, but could probably get close to what I paid for my '17 Ram 3500. Just have to buy the right things at the right time, for the right price.
On the Unimog - did you fab the new hood or find one somewhere?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
My days of wrenchin are over...don't have the time,,(or desire)..the 107 will no doubt be the last car I buy..other than DD's for me and the wife...

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
It's very common for them to be missing on the ones sold at auctions, so they're quite proud of the new ones.

Making one would've been fun, but probably beyond my capabilities if it had to look somewhat like the original. Very thick steel to work with, too.

Did the lazy thing and bought a cheap (in every sense) fiberglass hood. It was so bad I had to cut holes for the brake and clutch master reservoirs for them to clear. Couldn't put that on an otherwise near perfect specimen, so took a good steel hood off of another one, which is visually complete crap. Now the bad looking one has a bad looking hood, too. Perfect.