Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

SRT is DEAD!

OP
BULL

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #21
I did get independent verification on this...

Actually, that's where I got it to begin with.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Flux Capacitor - too easy :LOL:

OP
BULL

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #23
Yet another speculative thought.

With JB "making" (CHEATING) it into the WH and stating that we're rejoining the Paris Bullshit Accord, that means that O.E.s just got a more restrictive environment.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Article clearly says SRT to be dissolved with team members being dispersed throughout Stellantis (ew). Reminds me of GM's SS gimmick. Even if the SRT name lives on we're going to have SRT mini vans, SRT everything, just like the Chevy SS Cobalts and the rest of that garbage. What a shame. SRT used to mean something.

Last edited:

MurderCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Whipple Hellcat (Sold) 22 GMC 2500HD Denali
Hellcats are about to become collector cars if that's the case.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Hellcats are about to become collector cars if that's the case.
You have to feel the 2021 model year and or maybe 2022 is the last of the Hellcats IMO. If they have already shut down the SRT division how would they be able to offer anything in 2022 of much change besides just preparing the shut down of the product? I think as this info gets out the Hellcat inventories are going to be depleted and the values are 10k more before the year is out 😁

Last edited:
OP
BULL

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #27
You have to feel the 2021 model year and or maybe 2022 is the last of the Hellcats IMO. If they have already shut down the SRT division how would they be able to offer anything in 2022 of much change besides just preparing the shut down of the product? I think as this info gets out the Hellcat inventories are going to be depleted and the values ar 10k more before the year is out 😁

I agree, mostly, the only other option is that the line does continue for a few years and the only thing that happens is minor cosmetic changes. (Which was probably true anyway)

Dreadchild

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ludington
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Hellraisin Hellcat
Didnt really expect the hellcats to make it past 2022 especially with Biden in office now. Guess its about time I email Craig at koons and get a serious price in place before the next plant shutdown that leads to the platform ending early because they cant get parts

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
That Redeye has just graduated to the slot next to the Harley with Collector plates on it. It is officially a “keeper” now. I was pretty sure, everyday that passes and we see this shit makes it more solid.

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
What this really means is that Dodge now has the green light to continue the dilution of the badge.

The only thing left to trickle down ... 6.2 SC option coming to the Scat Pack ...

SRT_Powered.png

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Well does that make our SRT's more valuable down the road ?

As long as they keep making parts for ours. :LOL:

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Well, was going to sell her and try and upgrade, think the 2015 will be sticking around for a lot longer now. :)

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 PCP Redeye Challenger Widebody
You have to feel the 2021 model year and or maybe 2022 is the last of the Hellcats IMO. If they have already shut down the SRT division how would they be able to offer anything in 2022 of much change besides just preparing the shut down of the product? I think as this info gets out the Hellcat inventories are going to be depleted and the values ar 10k more before the year is out 😁
I don't disagree, but another thought.....maybe they are lying about all this, and they want to clear inventory.... :oops:

That Redeye has just graduated to the slot next to the Harley with Collector plates on it. It is officially a “keeper” now. I was pretty sure, everyday that passes and we see this shit makes it more solid.
Its gotta be 25 years old or older in my state to be considered a Collector car....Antique 10 years older than that! -But I catch your drift!.....

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Sucks to hear for sure.

Glad I went back to mustangs after this.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I'd say we wait and see what really happens. If something sells and makes money a company will find a way to continue to make it. It may mean any penalties (gas guzzler tax) will be passed on to the consumer in a larger way though.

I've been fooling with modern Mopars long enough to remember when 425HP was the best we could get so many of us built our own. I ended up around 620RWHP in my old R/T and never dreamed we'd be able to just walk in to a dealership and buy cars that were 800HP with all the nice features these Hellcats have. We've gotten spoiled LOL.

It's a double edge sword though, the market for a person that is willing to pay $70K (even discounted) for a car like this is likely not a huge market and eventually you've saturated the demand.

I keep hoping we'll see a 900 or 1000hp variant before they shut the lights off, but that's probably wishful thinking. 700hp eco mode and 1000hp on the good fuel with dash button would be awesome.

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
SRT as a name is not dead. The way SRT used to operate is dead. We will see what comes of fully pulling SRT into the corporate way of doing things but I feel safe in saying the products will take longer to develop and focus more on BOM cost than some previous products. They won't be developed by a group of enthusiasts either. It's just luck of the draw.

OP
BULL

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #37
SRT as a name is not dead. The way SRT used to operate is dead. We will see what comes of fully pulling SRT into the corporate way of doing things but I feel safe in saying the products will take longer to develop and focus more on BOM cost than some previous products. They won't be developed by a group of enthusiasts either. It's just luck of the draw.

It sounds more dramatic to say SRT is DEAD...

:p

Member ID
Reactions
City
Belpre
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger REWB Jailbreak
I agree with DGatzby, my 2021 REWB scheduled for delivery in March will be a keeper. Might not be the last year but will be close.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Damn shame...

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Writing has been on the wall since they made the 40MPG fleet deal

They are trying to consolidate as many divisions as possible but won't turn away from performance completely. They have said multiple times the Hellcat cannot possibly live much longer.

Unless they do what GM is doing and making a quad cam V8 with two snails. Somehow that will be able to live at 800-850hp and a hybrid version at over 1000hp. That is the future.

Perfect time to remake the Viper with one of those new powertrains and go after the Corvette but i doubt it.