Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

SRT Design Boss Wants Dodge Challenger and Charger Owners to Take Off Their Splitter Guards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Good thing FCA doesnt bubblewrap these cars from the factory to prevent hail damage and dings. Some people would leave it on no matter how ugly it is.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Yup, its just a matter of being cautious with your vehicle. You cant dummy proof a car if someone is careless with it.
Yes....it's a matter of being cautious with your vehicle, however you see fit to do that best. I don't know if that makes people dummies or not, but I do know that in my area, there are lots of steep driveway lips and that little piece of plastic makes me feel just a little bit better incase I'm not being as cautious as I intend to be when I'm going over them. I can replace those little yellow pieces of plastic for far less money and effort than I can the front splitter. Ain't America great!

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Good thing FCA doesnt bubblewrap these cars from the factory to prevent hail damage and dings. Some people would leave it on no matter how ugly it is.
Well even that wouldn't be as ugly as the black wheel trend these days.

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Well even that wouldn't be as ugly as the black wheel trend these days.
Black wheels is a style, yellow splitter protectors that clearly say TO BE REMOVED BY DEALER is not a style.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Black wheels is a style, yellow splitter protectors that clearly say TO BE REMOVED BY DEALER is not a style.
Well... it seems that many, many people disagree with that considering all of the people who leave them on. I'm not the only one in my area that still has them on. That's the thing about art, and style...they're different for everyone. What is style to one person is horribly ugly to someone else.
I don't like the current black wheel trend. I think they look horrible, but that's because I'm old, and old school. I like chrome or polished aluminum wheels on my vehicles. If Weld would make a set of Drag Lites or Centerline would make a set of Auto Drags in 17,18 or 20 inch that would fit my car I'd buy them tomorrow. Lots of other people like the black wheel look on their vehicles.
Just like why they make chocolate and vanilla ice cream....so you have a choice.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
20160807_165834 Carter Lake Carter Knolls.jpg

20161002_132523.jpg

I can go either way....

:)

That being said, I do think that during 2015, there was a bit of uniqueness to them, they were rare and made people ask questions, it also freaked some people out... ;)

Now, I feel like their time has come and gone... It was a fad that had its time...

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk and project X,
Front view.jpg

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Mine are staying on, already chewed up the splitter in the hellcat.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
DSC_0254.JPG

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
There are plenty of automobile trends that I think are ridiculous, and many things that others do to their vehicles that I wouldn't do to mine. Oh well, it's their car, and that feeling is the same whether they paid $60 or $60k for their vehicle. Their car, their money, their choice. I guess when I start paying the note on their vehicles, then I might have some valued input. But until then, I'm sure they don't really GAF what I think. As don't I.
I understand your position on this, but, you have an unfair advantage.

You can happily drive along without having to see the dang things, but what about the rest of us that can't look away fast enough?!?

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
...but what about the rest of us that can't look away fast enough?!?

Thanks! I needed that!

:) :ROFLMAO:

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Dodge could save some money and, if this "plague" is such a crisis for the design team, make them out of biodegradable products, like those four hole drink holders fast food places hand out. If folks leave them on the car they'll dissolve. I think it's pretty humorous actually that this has become a thing that people are up in arms about. **** it, its your car, do what you want. Compared to some of the dumb shit people do to their cars (which doesn't raise an eyebrow) this is pretty low on the totumpole.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Black wheels is more than a style, I believe. Manufacturers like it because it hides brake dust. I too am not a big fan, but it can look good on selected cars. I've bucked the trend on other cars, resorting to (OMG!) chrome. lol

srtdusty

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Indian Mound
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger
Dodge could save some money and, if this "plague" is such a crisis for the design team, make them out of biodegradable products, like those four hole drink holders fast food places hand out. If folks leave them on the car they'll dissolve. I think it's pretty humorous actually that this has become a thing that people are up in arms about. **** it, its your car, do what you want. Compared to some of the dumb shit people do to their cars (which doesn't raise an eyebrow) this is pretty low on the totumpole.

Very well put my man

GOMER

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingman
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Durango SRT Hellcat
Great wall art in the Demons garage.

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
ya think about the environment :) I went out for dinner last nite an drink came with a cardboard straw,...……..FCA could make them out of cardboard:unsure:

Usmc341

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Henderson
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
3 hellcats and none were delivered to me with those stupid things. They were removed during PDI along with the radio screen protector and plastic wrapping on the seats. Not sure how this whole thing ever got started. A little caution when when pulling up to curbs is all you need.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Please, "a little caution" is a joke where I live, some driveways are steep enough to cause rash, no one is telling you to use them, why all the hate on using them now, why because FCA now has a issue with it?

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Why not make them the same color as the splitter, then if left on they will blend in ??

If the design team is concerned about something, how about getting the damn paint on the plastic parts (front & rear) to match the body correctly :mad:

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
IMO, the factory splitter is made to be a throw away as they are easily damaged, it does not take much to screw them up, heck, drive up to a concrete parking space wheel stop and see what happens, the splitter rubs it entering and leaving the space, and it the rebar is sticking out of the wheel stop, it adds to the good time.

Status
Not open for further replies.