Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Something new July 8?

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
More carnival ride than hot rod, imo.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Remember this day? Now tell me what were you more excited for.
Honestly, the faster car. Whichever it is. And if we're talking the Demon specifically, I wasn't particularly excited at all. It was a one off "rich man's car" kind of thing to me. Not disrespecting the guys on here that have them and use them, but many are "investment cars" and the like or a toy that sits with 45 other toys when it gets old. And you can get near its performance with a Red Eye, or a tweaked HC, for less money. But that's just me.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Well, unless Stelantis gets some kind of major kick back from the US for producing a fully electric car then the price for these things will be north of $120K using the Tesla Model S as a measuring stick. Tesla is already getting major concessions from the gubment I believe unless those expired. I don't know about others here but when I was in the millennial age range (23-38) I didn't have that kind of money to buy a car with, and still don't. I get that they feel like they need to have something in the EV offering to have a product, I'm just not sure they're read the market appropriately.

Most millenials I know would rather have the car drive them somewhere while they surf social media or play a video game and think of cars more like microwaves or refrigerators than things with a character and driving experience. Will be interesting to watch from the sideline though.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Honestly, the faster car. Whichever it is. And if we're talking the Demon specifically, I wasn't particularly excited at all. It was a one off "rich man's car" kind of thing to me. Not disrespecting the guys on here that have them and use them, but many are "investment cars" and the like or a toy that sits with 45 other toys when it gets old. And you can get near its performance with a Red Eye, or a tweaked HC, for less money. But that's just me.
They are calling for 2 second 0 to 60. On this electric car from the picture shared above. My hellcat has done it in 2.3 seconds. With simple mods.
unless this thing runs 8s. A simple bolt on hellcat will run with it same argument as with the demon. The fun thing about the demon and hellcat is dodge was paving their own path. Going to the extreme and beating the competition. By the time 2024 comes around Tesla’s plaid + will be out. Well that’s out this year. With similar performance as they are calling for here. They better not be following what Tesla is doing or they will be to late to the show.

also I said it before people in the north can’t own electric cars unless you have heated garages.

Last edited:

Grape Ape

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Braselton
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
The idiots who are pushing electric vehicles are putting the cart in front of the horse. There simply is not enough infrastructure to support electric vehicles for the masses. Unf#&%*@g believable!

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
I'm interested in a Hybrid Hellcat.

I bet that thing hits 5,000lbs!
6 With you in it 😅😆😂

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
The idiots who are pushing electric vehicles are putting the cart in front of the horse. There simply is not enough infrastructure to support electric vehicles for the masses. Unf#&%*@g believable!
Thing is there wont suddenly be masses. It’s going to take 20+ years for EV’s to be the majority on the roads. There are millions of ICE vehicles on the roads and so many more still to be built for at least the next 10-15 yrs by many manufacturers and then driven for their usable life spans, which on the average is roughly 15-20 yrs. Infrastructure will happen with time. That argument only makes sense if somehow ICE powered vehicles were replaced with EV’s overnight or even the next 5 yrs. In this country at least I dont see that happening.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
I’ve already got the last 2 Dodge’s I’ll ever buy, except for my yet to be purchased 69 Dodge Charger. So……

Grape Ape

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Braselton
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thing is there wont suddenly be masses. It’s going to take 20+ years for EV’s to be the majority on the roads. There are millions of ICE vehicles on the roads and so many more still to be built for at least the next 10-15 yrs by many manufacturers and then driven for their usable life spans, which on the average is roughly 15-20 yrs. Infrastructure will happen with time. That argument only makes sense if somehow ICE powered vehicles were replaced with EV’s overnight or even the next 5 yrs. In this country at least I dont see that happening.
You are correct. It will take several years to phase out ICE vehicles. But, based on what many roads in this country look like, I'm not sure how well the infrastructure will expansion will go. Hell, they have been building a new nuclear power plant here in GA since 2013. It's still under construction! It's absolutely ridiculous.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Infrastructure was a problem for ICE and will never be perfect as we have discussed before. But that does not stop adoption as history proves. Is initially a monetary and lifestyle symbol, then moves mainstream. Ford and dodge getting into the game is the major step towards mainstreaming. Look at ICEs history. 20 or even 30 years will see colossal changes in 1st world countries.

Grape Ape

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Braselton
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Infrastructure was a problem for ICE and will never be perfect as we have discussed before. But that does not stop adoption as history proves. Is initially a monetary and lifestyle symbol, then moves mainstream. Ford and dodge getting into the game is the major step towards mainstreaming. Look at ICEs history. 20 or even 30 years will see colossal changes in 1st world countries.
Damn good point.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Ya aint gotta be rich to own a Demon....(ask me how I know)

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
I know. But I think most Americans would consider everyone on this board "rich" compared to them.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I know. But I think most Americans would consider everyone on this board "rich" compared to them.
Well put that way...I'll buy that....and just about everybody on this board thinks there smarter than most Americans....

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
More carnival ride than hot rod, imo.
Does nothing for me...not interested...(n)

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
nearest is Portland, but live in the country
State
OR
Country
United States
An exciting 11 second 1/4 mile, with a roaring V8, and trying to control wheelspin, sounds a lot more exciting to me....than a 9 second time listening to an electric motor hum. No wheel spin, no shaking, no engine sound, nothing....boring!

Last edited:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
An exciting 11 second 1/4 mile, with a roaring V8, and trying to control wheelspin, sounds a lot more exciting to me....than a 9 second time listening to an electric more hum. No wheel spin, no shaking, no engine sound, nothing....boring!
It's like cookin a steak on the grill vs an electric oven...It aint the steak man ...its the sizzle...

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
An exciting 11 second 1/4 mile, with a roaring V8, and trying to control wheelspin, sounds a lot more exciting to me....than a 9 second time listening to an electric more hum. No wheel spin, no shaking, no engine sound, nothing....boring!
Aw comon now! You can buy a BMW and they'll play the motor sounds through the stereo for you :)

Xylander

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tallahassee
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Challenger Redeye Widebody Jailbreak
The car they teased in the video is an AWD, all electric 4-door Charger prototype.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Aw comon now! You can buy a BMW and they'll play the motor sounds through the stereo for you :)
My wifes BMW...I cant even turn the radio on...she loves it...I wont drive it...highly over rated automobile...