Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

So why didn't the Viper ever get an OEM supercharged motor option?

OP
Illegal_Demon

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Thread Starter #21
This is a perfect example of an "Obnoxious-Pretty" car...
This is just pretty (badazz)...no obnoxious :cool:

163647284617000Viper-VOI9-60-scaled copy.jpg

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
This is just pretty (badazz)...no obnoxious :cool:

View attachment 63971
Got that right...It's because of the mere fact..that you own it..(and how fortunate you were to score such an example in the secondary market) that I can say..with all due respect and admiration.....I really don't like you ;)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Aw come on, bro! It's a modern Cobra! No nannies!

I LOVE my Viper. It is a handful and I wouldn't have it any other way!
No other car I've owned commands more respect from the driver:cautious::cautious:..lose sight of that..and you could very well end up dead..o_O

OP
Illegal_Demon

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Thread Starter #24
Got that right...It's because of the mere fact..that you own it..(and how fortunate you were to score such an example in the secondary market) that I can say..with all due respect and admiration.....I really don't like you ;)
ha ha! well if i die before u (unlikely but u never know) ill be sure to have my lovely wife look up 71Demon in Buffalo for the estate sale... :love: I'll be sure to have her charge u you only +20% more than anyone else since I know how much u love ADM!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
That picture is gorgeous. Reminded me of a local guy's car that has a supercharger. He brings it to a local cruise. I thought it was a Kenny Bell but he told me it was like Roe Racing or something? Very unique looking but the tuning solution left something to be desired. Probably was state of the art at the time though.

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
That picture is gorgeous. Reminded me of a local guy's car that has a supercharger. He brings it to a local cruise. I thought it was a Kenny Bell but he told me it was like Roe Racing or something? Very unique looking but the tuning solution left something to be desired. Probably was state of the art at the time though.
Yea, likely a Roe. They did a ton of superchargers for Vipers. I know that was pretty much the only game in town for Gen2 Vipers. I rarely see them come up for sale any more on the used market.

I saw plenty of Gen3’s with Paxton’s putting out some nice numbers

Had thought about putting a Roe on mine, but didn’t think it meshed well for the road courses.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
All I know, not much, but I dated a model from Tampa. She had a Viper and I am going on 6 foot 2 before knee replacements. Every time you have one it takes 3/4 inch off your leg. 1 leg I have had 2. Math elementary. But when I was dating her, her daughter was going to UF and absolutely beautiful. Nutt didn't fall far from the tree. Her daughter was dating one of her professors. Butster, back to the viper. I couldn't get in it and couldn't get out. Getting out burnt my leg. After my bitchen she traded it in for a vette. Dumb as a box of rocks. She called me to meat her at Homo Depot, Dale Mabry, Fl. She had the workers fill the rear end of the vette with bags of mulch with the hatch open. I had a F250 8 ft bed extended cab. Big enough for 50 bags of mulch. She had that vette slamed full of mulch just to have that hatch back get twisted like her mind. We flew to Port of Nuevo Mexico for a week. On the plane she deicides to pull out finger nailpolish to do her nails with. Dumb ass.