Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Rubicon 392 Review

Beast707

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Carol Stream
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger WB M6 Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
It is quick for a Jeep. Stop light wars are won without much trouble. I do wish someone would find a solution for the 99 mph restriction as it scoots up to thar speed quickly. The exhaust sounds good. Not GT 500 good, but a nice rumble if you want it. And it's a Jeep so it can take you places you shouldn't have gone and gets you back!
Well on YouTube Livernois has already tuned a 392 Wrangler. Can take care of that 99mph issue. I'm sure if they're on it others are as well. Not sure if it was a tazer or tune but there is an option to make it RWD.

572 savoy

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Winona
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Saw that, but kiss your warranty goodbye. And with a Jeep, you want and need a warranty!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
My problem with the Wrangler has always been the price for what you get. It's like 50 year old technology and other than some refinements shouldn't cost as much as it does to R&D so it feels to me like they just take advantage of the Jeep fans. Kinda like the iPhone guy that pays $1,000 for the latest model or the Harley guy that pays through the nose for a motorcycle. I just can't get on board with that.

572 savoy

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Winona
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
It's called a Jeep tax. And I totally agree. Lots of cash for basically a tin box with a big engine. But then again, fun, like speed costs money and life is short, play hard.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I've always liked the "idea" of the Wrangler. Especially the older 80s ones when they had V8s so the 392 peaked my interest. One of these days I may build one. When I was a teenager a guy up the street had one with a Chevy 350 in it with side pipes I thought was awesome. It was the older model with the more narrow body and big o'l tires on it.

572 savoy

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Winona
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
I had one of the last wranglers with a AMC 304 in it. Modified with carb, headers, and purple horny mufflers with side exhaust. Ran pretty well for a small V8.

Beast707

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Carol Stream
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger WB M6 Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I will say as well they are pricey but they do hold their value extremely well. Not sure but some people on the 392 boards think the 392 will be a 1 year run. Not sure about that but if it was and you happened to score one could be an investment lol

572 savoy

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Winona
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Yeah, I see that. I never buy a vehicle with any pretense of making money. And it is a rare car that actually appreciates significantly, but who knows!!