Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Ram Truck Owners Have Wandering Eyes

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #21
I had a '14 1500 with the V6 for years. A very dependable but quite boring car. Then a Challenger with the V6, which was fun to drive. Thanks to the AWD and less weight it handled better than the 'Cat.
In other words, I have nothing against the V6, or the 8-speed.

Also, I much prefer the styling of the '10-'18 Rams. We have had a '19 since they were new and I'm still trying to get used to it.

But hey, it's a good thing we're all different. For example, while the world would be a better looking place if less people had Chargers, how would we get our pizza, or to the airport?
If you're driving a 6 cylinder Challenger take it. Nobody would steal it. Leave it unlocked with the keys in it and it will still be there in 2 weeks when you get back.

Jroc

Premium Account
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Chilliwack
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
If you're driving a 6 cylinder Challenger take it. Nobody would steal it. Leave it unlocked with the keys in it and it will still be there in 2 weeks when you get back.
Unfortunately around here that car would have the mufflers cut off and huge hellcat decals on the sides.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Umm, it was unlocked, with the keys in it, just like the 'Cat. Not that I know what the difference would be, since except for the wheels the two looked practically identical.

Unless potential thieves would open the hood and check before deciding which one to take.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #24
Umm, it was unlocked, with the keys in it, just like the 'Cat. Not that I know what the difference would be, since except for the wheels the two looked practically identical.

Unless potential thieves would open the hood and check before deciding which one to take.
Thieves know the difference. Not hard to figure out. It's their income.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Thieves know the difference. Not hard to figure out.
Maybe thieves do, even though it's debadged and has gray calipers. But the only time anyone ever asked "Is that a Hellcat" was when I was driving the V6.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #26
Maybe thieves do, even though it's debadged and has gray calipers. But the only time anyone ever asked "Is that a Hellcat" was when I was driving the V6.
Of course.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Statistically I should've been asked when in the 'Cat instead, since about the only time someone could ask is when I'm getting fuel. Which is far more often than it was with the V6.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Buddy of mine in army inteligence (sigint) once had this POS ford mustang. Like a mid-80s model, as a beater. He left.the keys in it and windows down EVERYWHERE and all night. No one would ever take it. Lol. Worked in the tunnels, like snowden, but back in the day.

Last edited: