Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Performance Made Us Do It: Dodge Charger Daytona SRT Concept Previews Brand’s Electrified Future

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
Forget the Plaid, looks like this will be the new fender badge that Dodge now has to target ...

Is that the new Mustang Grizzly 500 😂?

OP
HWDan

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
Thread Starter #122
Heard it from RacerX who was told by Tim K. that this exhaust we seen and heard is actually a Direct Connect "aftermarket" exhaust. :rolleyes:

OP
HWDan

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
Thread Starter #123

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
The "Brotherhood of Muscle" is a certain demographic (us as it were).

This vehicle clearly does not cater to us, if it did, even as an EV, we might be more inclined to appreciate it. CLEARLY, we hate it.

The exterior styling is ok, but marginal, the interior styling has "EV" written all over it, instead of classic styling, and moreover, they abjectly FAILED in understanding the character that would possibly draw us over from ICE to EV.

I still can't get over that sound box Bullshit(TM)

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
Could have been so so much better than that...

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
DavidKFla doesn't like it because it's not a multi-door.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Make it 1200hp at 100k and then maybe I’ll bat an eye at it. It’s got to be faster than the plaid to interest me. Otherwise why buy a company’s automobile the first few years on a new unproven battery tech being integrated. Will see how many recalls and what not when people take the banshee to the drag strip and beat the crap out of it and they need to cover their 40000 battery under warranty. 5 bucks says they’ll try to void warranty any type of racing. I mean is this thing going to be as solid as a plaid making repeated runs or is their a breaking point in short time?
I don't want it to just beat the Plaid in a straight line.
I want it to handle like a ZL1/Corvette.
Run 9s box stock
And stop on a dime.

Performance Made Us Do It!
Then it better be a world beater.

I'll admit, id be interested in that.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I don’t care about the plaid. I’m simply referencing it for performance. Once this banshee is a 9 second car then I’ll take notice. That’s what I’m saying. If it’s similar performance to a Redeye and hellcat then why would I buy it? I mean the battery is only going to take so much abuse. I wouldn’t put full faith in dodge stellantis battery tech until it’s proven after a few years. Let’s see how the batteries hold up in the daily commuter cars before we go ripping down the strip in them a couple dozen times in their new Top Trim level and see what’s happens. They’ll need charging ports at the strip or road course because unless your trailering you won’t make it home on a low battery
Just bring your diesel generator to the track to recharge.

Be Green

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Don’t forget we want our $7,500 government rebate for going green haha. Plus all applicable rebates. They’ll find a way though.. Electric Guzzler Tax $3000 hah. Plus as someone mentioned subscription service for fake features I totally see that.
Illinois has already put on the table (then backed it off for now) a $2,000/yr registration tax for EVs. "They avoid the gas tax so we have to get that money somewhere"

McLovin

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Syracuse
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Heard it from RacerX who was told by Tim K. that this exhaust we seen and heard is actually a Direct Connect "aftermarket" exhaust. :rolleyes:

You should have put "exhaust" in quotes.

What are they actually exhausting? There is no combustion. No gas to 'exhaust'.

Fratzonic Chambered Kazoo would be more accurate.

And someone needs to let them know that making a terrible sound louder does not make it sound better. Ask anyone who has heard a Mustang GT with a Corsa Extreme exhaust on it....

McLovin

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Syracuse
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I don't want it to just beat the Plaid in a straight line.
I want it to handle like a ZL1/Corvette.
Run 9s box stock
And stop on a dime.

Performance Made Us Do It!
Then it better be a world beater.

I'll admit, id be interested in that.
Why this is the key formula: make this the top tier and charge what you want. Then remove items and performance, and lower the price, as you go down the food chain. You know, like car companies used to do. I think they could probably sell just about everything they could build.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
This is why I have been trying to amass REAL top dog ICE that will be sorely missed in a very short amount of time...right after this half TRILLION dollar revolution capitulates...

Scoop up Halo ICE Muscle, including some unicorn manual HP ICE too. And HANG ON TO IT.
As for this thing...

I agree with others that it looks like a melted-down modern Charger with 2 less doors.

It might even be the best-looking EV to date but that’s like being happy that you're the least fat step-daughter.

Plus once we have that civil war on the horizon the power grid won't exist anymore and these cars will become super expensive 4500lb paperweights. ICE will once again reign supreme! :p

Either way a GARGANTUAN PASS...

Now I REALLY want that 7th model (SUPER ICE FE)....77 long days until that (last meaningful) reveal ....

Last edited:

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Performance made you do it my ass, politically correct corporate EPA threats bs did it. And I hope you do read this blog Mopar..... we are still waiting for those Direct connection stage kits from last year. Or have you forgotten to mention there was an injunction slapped on them by the EPA? Yeah, a slight oversight, I get it. Don't let the fact interrupt a smoke and mirrors P/R campaign over a concept car yeah it is still a concept.
Maybe @DodgeCares can pass the message up the line!

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
sure they will :sleep:

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Fuck you ! At least it has two doors @ Stellantis you don’t deserve the Charger name, it was considered one of the best cars designs ever to roll out of American factory doors Fuck You !

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Don’t forget we want our $7,500 government rebate for going green haha. Plus all applicable rebates. They’ll find a way though.. Electric Guzzler Tax $3000 hah. Plus as someone mentioned subscription service for fake features I totally see that.
EV guzzler tax!! Is there currently any luxury tax on Tesla’s or other expensive EV’s ?

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
Maybe @DodgeCares can pass the message up the line!
Let’s say I haven’t been the most efficient at work this week reading, writing and watching this stuff. What I’ve noticed most of the forums have been negative comments, but YouTube and Instagram comments have appeared largely positive. I don’t do Facebook, so don’t know there.

My observation is that most forum users are on the older spectrum and actual owners or true potential owners whereas Instagram/YouTube are likely on the younger spectrum and less likely to be potential customers or even have the bread to buy one anyway. My guess is that Marketing research weighs FB/IG/YT responses more heavily than focused forums.
Ultimately cash talks…2024+ will be interesting.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
This is the car that people screamed for...for years...

...with a giant middle finger for a power train.

Piss off Stellantis.
Well spoken, they would have had such demand if they just put the cat engine under the hood. What would have been spectacular is if they served it in two flavors, electric and Ice/Cat, at least for a migration time if this electric is being forced on us. I may have actually entertained the thought. The electric new generation folks would be happy and the purist, that by the way @salesandmarketingdep@dodge.com is still a very large market sector. Your revenues in sales would have flourished. Other company’s are stating they will continue selling performance gas engines. Since you put this vehicle out in the open as a concept vehicle you are obviously looking for a public response. My feelings are transitional gas to electric. At least do a semi de tuned cat with electric up front, not hard line straight to electric

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States