Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Live action from FUMANCHU182.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
220 miles. All normal logs. I have all those miles logged as @Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC was along for the gripes/ride. Installer is working on getting me in. Told him I don’t want the motor as it has junk run through it at 220 miles. That valve didn’t destroy itself so what did?

rings should have seated already or rings were trashed to begin with, set expectations with installer that if the builder wants the long block back, they are to send me a different one or refund my money. I do not want a motor that has trash in it ever, just a ticking time bomb.

im out of mshs next week and if I cant get refunds i eat that cost so joy… 😂
I’m sure they’ll do good by you, that’s unbelievable for 220 miles. I’m half wishing this is you sandbagging showing your old engine and going to show up at mshs but I doubt it… sucks man.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
220 miles. All normal logs. I have all those miles logged as @Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC was along for the gripes/ride. Installer is working on getting me in. Told him I don’t want the motor as it has junk run through it at 220 miles. That valve didn’t destroy itself so what did?

rings should have seated already or rings were trashed to begin with, set expectations with installer that if the builder wants the long block back, they are to send me a different one or refund my money. I do not want a motor that has trash in it ever, just a ticking time bomb.

im out of mshs next week and if I cant get refunds i eat that cost so joy… 😂
I think it may be possible for you to sell your ticket.
Do you also have a room reserved?

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Thread Starter #1,583
I think it may be possible for you to sell your ticket.
Do you also have a room reserved?
Yes, going to speak to Dan tomorrow. Just decided to throw in the towel. Won't know what builder wants to do yet.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #1,584
Mshs event plans cancelled. Still waiting to get with installer, builder wants a leak down test 🙄

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Who would think to do a leak down or compression test on a brand new engine, I mean I wouldn’t. That start up video should be enough imo

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Who would think to do a leak down or compression test on a brand new engine, I mean I wouldn’t. That start up video should be enough imo
I leak down tested my me rebuilt engine before first start, after first start (and changed oil and filter), after initial break in run (and changed oil and filter agsin, Driven BR40), at appx 100 miles (and changed oil agsin), then at 300, was all sealed up so changed oil to full syn Amsoil Signature Series 5W50 which she’s still running on now about 3000 or so miles later. I change oil as soon as it starts to discolor which is around 1000 miles, but they’re hard driven miles. (And I send samples out for analysis) Oil is your life blood, touches every moving part, keeping it fresh and peak performing is cheap insurance. I also leak down test during winter hibernation. Only way to be sure nothings going on and have confidence no surprises are waiting to pop up. “I gots ta know!”

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I leak down tested my me rebuilt engine before first start, after first start (and changed oil and filter), after initial break in run (and changed oil and filter agsin, Driven BR40), at appx 100 miles (and changed oil agsin), then at 300, was all sealed up so changed oil to full syn Amsoil Signature Series 5W50 which she’s still running on now about 3000 or so miles later. I change oil as soon as it starts to discolor which is around 1000 miles, but they’re hard driven miles. (And I send samples out for analysis) Oil is your life blood, touches every moving part, keeping it fresh and peak performing is cheap insurance. I also leak down test during winter hibernation. Only way to be sure nothings going on and have confidence no surprises are waiting to pop up. “I gots ta know!”
Sorry, I what I meant was… who except @16GoManGoHC2 would leak down test before/after/during startup and pull heads for fun 😉 (just kidding of course)

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
If I built it myself, I’d be more inclined to make sure it’s in working order. I’m saying a brand new engine from a big builder, with heads already installed (from builder) not sure it would cross my mind to do that

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
If I built it myself, I’d be more inclined to make sure it’s in working order. I’m saying a brand new engine from a big builder, with heads already installed (from builder) not sure it would cross my mind to do that
That would make me even more inclined to do so lol. They hurry toooooo much doing builds. It’s why I don’t build engines for a living. I would go broke lol because I take way too much time but like always the devil is in the details.

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
That would make me even more inclined to do so lol. They hurry toooooo much doing builds. It’s why I don’t build engines for a living. I would go broke lol because I take way too much time but like always the devil is in the details.
BUT that’s the only way to do it and do it right the first time!

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #1,591
Engine is coming out, builder wants it back. I have cancelled my race season and all further car activities. Right now I am beholden to installer for removal, shipping and re-installation. Car is still for sale, when/if you want it, it will have motor plus break in miles completed.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Engine is coming out, builder wants it back. I have cancelled my race season and all further car activities. Right now I am beholden to installer for removal, shipping and re-installation. Car is still for sale, when/if you want it, it will have motor plus break in miles completed.
Just take a deep breath man, it’s out of your hands. It’s way too hot to be racing anyway. You’ll be ready in time for fall to set some records

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #1,593
Just take a deep breath man, it’s out of your hands. It’s way too hot to be racing anyway. You’ll be ready in time for fall to set some records
you're not reading the room, i am done.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Until next week. You have a love hate relationship with that car.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #1,595
Until next week. You have a love hate relationship with that car.
there is no next week, motor will not be taken out promptly and im not holding my breath through builder

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
MMX is a big company, but I think they use better built performance for their builds

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Kind of worried, that’s who I was going to go with if I ever got a built bottom end

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
If you were close we’d have it out in 6 hours max with no lift

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Hater does it in under 2!

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hater does it in under 2!
Hater has a lift. Dropping it out the bottom is small potatoes, I’m talking about doing it on your back and out through the top