Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Jailbreak Redeye's coming soon

RAMBLE1

Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
NORTH FLORIDA
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 CHALLENGER HELLCAT TorRed RED / REDEYE
Got an update today, my car is in Paint.
I am jealous, my Jailbreak has been on order for way over a month and is in BX status. The dealer tells me this is a good thing. I have my doubts...

555 Redeye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairborn
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 SRT Jailbreak
I am jealous, my Jailbreak has been on order for way over a month and is in BX status. The dealer tells me this is a good thing. I have my doubts...
Was where you're at originally with my home dealer for a couple weeks until he called his regional rep and was told they would not be getting a Jailbreak allocation. Found a Dealer 6 hours away that was selling their Challenger/Charger Jailbreak allocations at MSRP. Seems like with this model, right now anyway, if your Dealer does not have a solid factory allocation, the build will not get scheduled. Check your POC for code 5N9-Guaranteed Schedule. It is listed on my POC just above 5N6-Easy Order. Once the order is placed it should go to D or D1 within days, in my case 4 days once my Dealer called his rep to push scheduling. Another order placed at the same Dealer against an allocation for a Charger (Mine is a Challenger) a week or so after mine is currently in D status. I am starting to hear that Charger builds may be being held back for some reason. Check your POC for the code I mentioned and press your Dealer to call his rep to inquire if he will be given an allocation in the future or at all.

RAMBLE1

Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
NORTH FLORIDA
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Was where you're at originally with my home dealer for a couple weeks until he called his regional rep and was told they would not be getting a Jailbreak allocation. Found a Dealer 6 hours away that was selling their Challenger/Charger Jailbreak allocations at MSRP. Seems like with this model, right now anyway, if your Dealer does not have a solid factory allocation, the build will not get scheduled. Check your POC for code 5N9-Guaranteed Schedule. It is listed on my POC just above 5N6-Easy Order. Once the order is placed it should go to D or D1 within days, in my case 4 days once my Dealer called his rep to push scheduling. Another order placed at the same Dealer against an allocation for a Charger (Mine is a Challenger) a week or so after mine is currently in D status. I am starting to hear that Charger builds may be being held back for some reason. Check your POC for the code I mentioned and press your Dealer to call his rep to inquire if he will be given an allocation in the future or at all.
I appreciate the information. I checked my POC and found some information: 5N6 Easy Order 4EA Sold Vehicle, Scheduling Priority: 1-Sold Order Build Priority: 01. I believe it's time to start looking elsewhere for a new Jailbreak.

555 Redeye - thanks for the information!

555 Redeye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairborn
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 SRT Jailbreak
I appreciate the information. I checked my POC and found some information: 5N6 Easy Order 4EA Sold Vehicle, Scheduling Priority: 1-Sold Order Build Priority: 01. I believe it's time to start looking elsewhere for a new Jailbreak.

555 Redeye - thanks for the information!
Something just occurred to me, Dodge is supposed to announce the "Power Brokers" on 3/9. Had heard they are the ones that will be getting Jailbreak allocations. Check the announcement for a Power Broker Dealer near you and start your pursuit there.

RAMBLE1

Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
NORTH FLORIDA
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Something just occurred to me, Dodge is supposed to announce the "Power Brokers" on 3/9. Had heard they are the ones that will be getting Jailbreak allocations. Check the announcement for a Power Broker Dealer near you and start your pursuit there.
Again, I appreciate your information! You must have a good source for your information. I am not familiar with "Power Broker Dealer." I am getting very unhappy with Dodge and their allocations. I have purchased two Challenger Hellcats and it has not been easy. I searched and thought "all is well" with the Jailbreak order. I have about had it with Dodge, if something good doesn't happen in the near future, I'm done with Dodge!

OP
Slowpoke387

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Thread Starter #386
Again, I appreciate your information! You must have a good source for your information. I am not familiar with "Power Broker Dealer." I am getting very unhappy with Dodge and their allocations. I have purchased two Challenger Hellcats and it has not been easy. I searched and thought "all is well" with the Jailbreak order. I have about had it with Dodge, if something good doesn't happen in the near future, I'm done with Dodge!
Do a search here on the forum. Power Broker dealer info is everywhere here. Would be good for you to have all of the info in order to make educated decisions.

555 Redeye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairborn
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 SRT Jailbreak
100 or so Power Brokers x 2 cars = 200 cars.

Has my math failed me or is that substantially under the 3,000 units they planned?

They can say its unlimited but in their books probably think 3,000 is the ball park to which people will order.
Dealers love to take any hint of "limited edition" to jack up the price or be royal cunts to customers.

Chevy launched the Z/28 and said anyone can get one. They only planned about 2,000 or so units over 2 years and it took heavy discounts to even move the last few hundred of them. But their head guy kept saying "anyone who wants a Z/28 can get one" He was right, just not that many wanted it.

Same situation here maybe. Planned for 3k units but will make more if it takes off. I just don't see it happening. Still another year + of production and to most people the finality of it all has it set in yet. I think it is just now settling in in the Viper market and that was 4 years ago?

And lets not forget the Durango Hellcat - Tim K built another 1,000 units to meet demand. Still over 200 for sale right now.
My Dealer just got and sold his last of 3 allocations. Had 2 initially and after he placed my order, the factory gave him 1 more.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
My Dealer just got and sold his last of 3 allocations. Had 2 initially and after he placed my order, the factory gave him 1 more.
I heard that for every ordered Jailbreak unit the dealer gets 1 more allocated.
If that's true, some dealers will discount to get the additional unit.

555 Redeye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairborn
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 SRT Jailbreak
Agree, $90k and no leather seats + can't order summer tires - WTF ??

No thanks, I'll keep my '16 and do one of the stage pks if any of the authorized dealers nearby are ones I trust.

+30k to order a Jailbreak version - they can suck it !
Not to mention 3.09 rear gears no longer available.

555 Redeye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairborn
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 SRT Jailbreak
I heard that for every ordered Jailbreak unit the dealer gets 1 more allocated.
If that's true, some dealers will discount to get the additional unit.
He hasn't gotten any more after the 1 more Challenger JB allocation he got after ordering my Challenger JB, and has sold 2 more since. All 3 sales, 2 Challengers and 1 Charger at MSRP.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
He hasn't gotten any more after the 1 more Challenger JB allocation he got after ordering my Challenger JB, and has sold 2 more since. All 3 sales, 2 Challengers and 1 Charger at MSRP.
We were excited about building and ordering one until all of the jerking around started by each dealer that we talked to. We just said, screw it.

555 Redeye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairborn
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 SRT Jailbreak
We were excited about building and ordering one until all of the jerking around started by each dealer that we talked to. We just said, screw it.
I agree with you, I got lucky, plain and simple. Obtaining these cars should not be a matter of luck or this difficult. I was PO'd enough at one point that I called "S word" customer service and asked for Tim Kuniskis' contact number. The only thing that saved him an earful was the fact that the Gentleman at CS with the heavy Indian accent declined to give it to me.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I agree with you, I got lucky, plain and simple. Obtaining these cars should not be a matter of luck or this difficult. I was PO'd enough at one point that I called "S word" customer service and asked for Tim Kuniskis' contact number. The only thing that saved him an earful was the fact that the Gentleman at CS with the heavy Indian accent declined to give it to me.
We just adjusted what we bought. No reason to have to deal with bullshit. Especially for a luxury item.

RAMBLE1

Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
NORTH FLORIDA
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
We just adjusted what we bought. No reason to have to deal with bullshit. Especially for a luxury item.
I believe Dodge does not care about their customers. I am burned out trying to get a Jailbreak at MSRP. Dealers are not forthcoming and now, we have a deposit and possibly no allocation. There is no reason Dodge cannot have open order on the Jailbreak, there is nothing that "unusual" about this car. We have been a MOPAR family for decades, but this is about to change. Buying a car should be a wonderful experience, Dodge has ruined this experience, again.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I believe Dodge does not care about their customers. I am burned out trying to get a Jailbreak at MSRP. Dealers are not forthcoming and now, we have a deposit and possibly no allocation. There is no reason Dodge cannot have open order on the Jailbreak, there is nothing that "unusual" about this car. We have been a MOPAR family for decades, but this is about to change. Buying a car should be a wonderful experience, Dodge has ruined this experience, again.
The level of bullshit was unbearable from the dealerships that I talked to. Either you paid through the nose or they wouldn't order you a car and they weren't nice about it.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
That whole "limited edition" bull shit.

For the Demon it made sense. It pushed the limits of the car.
Jailbreak is they basically took off restrictions. But still have restrictions.

Its cool, but just make every Redeye open to this and save the headache. I kind of hope the jailbreak is a major flop for Dodge.

Some dealers are still trying to justify "limited edition" TRXs LOL. There are over 900+ listed online right now.

555 Redeye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairborn
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 SRT Jailbreak
That whole "limited edition" bull shit.

For the Demon it made sense. It pushed the limits of the car.
Jailbreak is they basically took off restrictions. But still have restrictions.

Its cool, but just make every Redeye open to this and save the headache. I kind of hope the jailbreak is a major flop for Dodge.

Some dealers are still trying to justify "limited edition" TRXs LOL. There are over 900+ listed online right now.
Found out the JB is NOT totally restriction-free. My original specs were for Demonic Red Laguna with rear seat delete. When the Dealer tried to enter it in the factory configurator, it kicked it back and directed Laguna needed to be black for the rear seat delete option, so I ended up with full RED furniture.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Found out the JB is NOT totally restriction-free. My original specs were for Demonic Red Laguna with rear seat delete. When the Dealer tried to enter it in the factory configurator, it kicked it back and directed Laguna needed to be black for the rear seat delete option, so I ended up with full RED furniture.
I was interested in a S/S Jailbreak
Nope. Which is stupid. If there are no restrictions, i should be able to get the black roof/hood with blue stripes etc.

Tim K poked fun at an ugly combination. Well, you still can't do everything.

555 Redeye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairborn
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 SRT Jailbreak
Got an update today, car is built, awaiting inspection. Ordered 1/24 and apparent build date 3/10.

Last edited:

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Got an update today, car is built, awaiting inspection. Ordered 1.24 and apparent build date 3/10.
Make sure that you take plenty of pictures and post them!