Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Install Video 2015-2016 RA3 Uconnect to Updated 8.4C Uconnect

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
I believe that's the most current one when I checked the Uconnect update site, today. Are your IATs in agreement?
Never looked but now I will.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Here you go. Note the name of each is different. Back in 2015 we were told there were different sensors that fed these displays.
BF7F2D31-16FE-4756-BE0E-F2B232C419AB.jpeg 307401FA-C4B0-4297-A596-C34AA3EAAAEB.jpeg

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #64
Yep, and now on my new unit the IC Coolant temp doesn't show at all. They've got some kinda issue there with the later OS.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I offered both Dodge & Uconnect to use my nephew for free to fix the 1 or 2 lines of code that they screwed up, but they never took me up on it !

Last edited:

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I offered both Dodge & Uconnect to use my nephew for free to fix the 1 or 2 lines of code that they screwed up, but they never took me up on it !

Hell, I bet many of us here are good enough to edit that simple of a screw up.

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
Hell, I bet many of us here are good enough to edit that simple of a screw up.
Here's the real reason they can't fix it. The original programmer along with the source code disappeared without a trace ...

Lilschmied

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nowhereville
State
Non-US
Country
United States
There are so many computers in these cars I'm honestly not sure where each option comes from. I believe "most" of those features are stored in the BCM and perhaps with a tool like AlphaOBD they could be enabled, but I have no experience there.
When I dug around in the 8.4AN(old uconnect) I was able to enable all kinds of neat things on a Chrysler 200. Performance pages, or make the radio boot up as though it was in a viper.
alfa OBD came in when I wanted to add turn signal mirrors, or convert the 5.0 radio to an 8.4 unit.

Want performance pages on a v6 charger? Radio edit.
Want to add heated seats or memory mirrors? BCM.

So if you need to enable a new module on the bus, that's going to be alfaOBD(or dealership) and a BCM update where you enable the option and proxy align to pick up the new module. Things like uconnect are only in the radio. I have not played around in the newer system yet, so some of this could have changed. I think its unlikely though.

I would bet the reason this swap won't fix the 3g issues, is the same reason you can't add uconnect to a car that didn't have it from the factory. The computer on the subscription end won't take the vin. The antenna is exactly that, an antenna. Just like "HDTV" antennas are just the same dumb antennas grandma had in a fancy new form factor. The 3g important parts are on some dinosaur Sierra wireless card IIRC in the old 8.4.

Yeah 3g and 4g aren't on the same exact RF bands but I'm not convinced Chrysler would bother with tight bandpass filters that you couldn't get 4G on the old sharkfins. It might be weaker signal, but it'd work. Unplug your cell antenna in the car and I bet you still get some cell signal if you're in a densely populated area.

Nice work on the swap @Speedy!