Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Install Video 2015-2016 RA3 Uconnect to Updated 8.4C Uconnect

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Guy that goes by Ccso77 on the other forum figured out P/Ns that would plug and play swap Uconnect for the new models. There had been some discussion of heated/cooled seats and other items not working but for 2016 and up it's a drop in replacement. For 2015 models you'll need a body control module (BCM) from a 2016 and get it flashed with your car's VIN, then it will also work.

Two things aren't perfect. Launch Control is stuck at 1,000 RPM (although mine goes to 1,500 which I think is the last setting I used on the old Uconnect) and the Intercooler Coolant Temp doesn't register. Not sure if that's a software problem or a sensor problem. When I swap to the Redeye supercharger next month I'll know if it's the sensor.

Install took 30 minutes. Took about 4 hours for all the software to update. Locking the car and moving the key fob away for an hour "may" speed that up.

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
been waiting for this - eager to see if this is good for me or not, but can't watch it til later :-(

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I'm so glad that mines a 2018. Hopefully it will stay current.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #4
I can say the new one is 10x faster response than original and a few newer features like the Dyno mode. I like the gauges better too. For the money a pretty decent update. I was holding out thinking 2023 might bring something I'd swap for, but now I figure I'll just update mine and keep it.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I run into the chrysler on the dash on my Daytona when I would disconnect the battery. If you put your finger on the top right corner of screen and hold for 10-20 seconds it normally will reset back to normal

Idoru99

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dumfries
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Redeye WB
Nice video. I gotta ask; did you record that ending before or after I made the post about it being cheaper than buying a new truck (car). If it was after....I want my royalties. :ROFLMAO::devilish::ROFLMAO::devilish:

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Best quote of the video:

“That’s a lot of money for a Dodge!”

Completely agree haha. Love the cars but not when they’re approaching $100k.

Great video. I thought about upgrading back in the day but then all the 2018+ (maybe 2017?) screen delaminating issues started arising, so I just scoffed it. Might look into this again.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
I would like to do this but I have a 2015 and when it comes to electronics/canbus comms all bets are off. Last thing I need is for it to shit the bed at the track.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #9
2015 needs a bcm from 2016 as well as the mm unit and usb module. Flash your vin to the bcm and it all works. Some have used alpha obd to copy their bcm data from 2015 to 2016 as well.

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
Nice vid

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Bummer about the Intercooler Coolant Temp not working, it is one of the issues with the '16's (the IC intake & coolant values swapped) I would have expected this to address since the software is different/updated.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #12
With this I'm thinking this data in the gauges comes from the bcm and the mmu has to interpret it. A guy left me a msg on the video that his GPS went out in his 2018 Charger Hellcat and he replaced the mmu and now his intercooler coolant temp doesn't work. Something is funky with that gauge.

I dont use that one much and can see it on the speedo screen if needed so not a huge deal but I am gonna look in to it.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #13
Guy that follows my channel sent me this. Looks like there's a TSB for this IC Coolant Temp problem. Anyone that swaps their unit whether new or old will likely have this problem.

IC Temp Gauge TSB.jpg

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Bummer about the Intercooler Coolant Temp not working, it is one of the issues with the '16's (the IC intake & coolant values swapped) I would have expected this to address since the software is different/updated.

I don't believe I have this problem on mine.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
At least they are acknowledging there is an issue this time !! When their crappy update broke the gauges on our '16's, no one would own up to it and it was never corrected.

I'd bet real $$ this will never get fixed either, look how long this TSB has been banging around ! All they are doing here is covering their asses so dealers don't try to do expensive radio swaps to cure the issue for those still under warranty IMO.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I don't believe I have thus problem on mine.
If you are current on the Uconnect software, I'll bet you do. Drive around for a few minutes to get everything up to running temp. Go to the PP screens & look at the gauges (I/C Coolant & I/C Intake). Should be obvious unless the ambient air temp is wicked hot or you are sitting in traffic and the air box is heat soaking. You can compare the PP gauge readings to those on the center stack (which were unaffected by the software update and are still correct).

If yours are correct in the PP screen, then you are lucky & perhaps skipped the update the screwed them up or the update for M6 cars was different and did not have the bug ??

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #17
Yep the IAT and Intercooler Coolant Temp gauges have a sordid history of being messed up on these cars. It's been a minute, but I think mine was correct, at some point got a Uconnect update and it was wrong, then got another update that fixed it. Obviously they still have problem though based on this new one.

That's what ya get when you use free/share ware for these things written by a guy in Russia. No I'm not kidding, the license agreement that popped up on mine was exactly that.

Deebeezie

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Nurse
Member ID
Reactions
City
Melbourne
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I sent the TSB to Speedy today. I had my infotainment unit switched out under warranty 11/21 due to delimitation of its screen. Everything, including all gauges worked without issue prior to the swap. Prior to leaving the dealership my Technician, who is also a friend, noted that the I/C Coolant Temp wasn't displaying on the screen, but should load after a bit of driving. I gave it a few weeks for it to resolve on itself without success. Took it over to see my Tech who tried multiple times to reset also without success. He later searched and found the TSB I sent to Speedy. Still, nearly two years later there is no fix available. If, and when, I ever hear of one I will post an update.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #19
Thanks a ton for sending that over. Cleared up the question fo sho.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
If you are current on the Uconnect software, I'll bet you do. Drive around for a few minutes to get everything up to running temp. Go to the PP screens & look at the gauges (I/C Coolant & I/C Intake). Should be obvious unless the ambient air temp is wicked hot or you are sitting in traffic and the air box is heat soaking. You can compare the PP gauge readings to those on the center stack (which were unaffected by the software update and are still correct).

If yours are correct in the PP screen, then you are lucky & perhaps skipped the update the screwed them up or the update for M6 cars was different and did not have the bug ??

Well as it turns out, I am NOT current, I don't recall my exact reason for discontinuing the updates, it may have in fact been this issue, I think it was also related to unsubstantiated reports of the update associated with the original exhaust cat recall/update that some said robbed power.

But, at least for the moment, my gauges are correct/matching between the radio and the driver's display.

Ref: currently running 17.11.07

(Known releases in my archive)

1662230261447.png