Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

I ORDERED AN E-TORQUE BY MISTAKE!!! CRAP!!!

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Unfortunately, the J2807 tests aren't exactly real life. Not surprisingly, Ram is happy to brag about those numbers, no matter how unrealistic they may be.
I had a buddy that was like that...always braggin...till we saw him in the shower...

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I hope so, that would be great. The Serv Mgr at the local Dodge said no. Do you know the procedure? Thanks!
Here is a pic of the button on a '22 G/T model.
Just press the A with the arrow around it.
Screenshot_20221004_213640.jpg

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Possibly located here.
Ram 1500 stop.start button - Copy.jpg Used-2021-Ram-Ram-Pickup-1500-Laramie.jpg

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
Why would you though. Sitting at a light not pissing away fuel for no reason. Let off the brake and the truck is rolling by the time you step on the gas. Also saving fuel by not having to start from a dead stop. 🤷
Try that shite where I live where our peak summer temps can exceed 112-115. Cabin temperature immediately goes up when the A/C cuts out and starts blowing ambient air at you like a hairdryer. Anyone who tells you that the auto stop/start is automatically disabled in extreme temperatures hasn't experienced how wonderful the system is in real life. I have it in my '21 Gladiator Mojave and the first thing we do as soon as the car starts is turn it off. Problem is you have to do it manually every time you start the car, unless you disable it via a Tazer or similar device. Added weight, separate battery, etc. never mind the engine wear/tear of constantly starting/stopping/restarting hardly offset any fuel saved, regardless of how expensive it gets. Just another "solution" looking for a problem...

ostmike

Vendor
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Portersville
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Hellcat
We had an E-Torque in for tuning and I did not notice anything concerning compared to a non-E-torque Ram. The vehicle was comfortable to drive, operated normally on the dyno and on the street. The owner seemed to be pleased with the vehicle and wanted some performance upgrades. These vehicles do require a special PCM (which we have in stock) but other than that I would not be concerned at this early stage of the game to own/drive one.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Try that shite where I live where our peak summer temps can exceed 112-115. Cabin temperature immediately goes up when the A/C cuts out and starts blowing ambient air at you like a hairdryer. Anyone who tells you that the auto stop/start is automatically disabled in extreme temperatures hasn't experienced how wonderful the system is in real life. I have it in my '21 Gladiator Mojave and the first thing we do as soon as the car starts is turn it off. Problem is you have to do it manually every time you start the car, unless you disable it via a Tazer or similar device. Added weight, separate battery, etc. never mind the engine wear/tear of constantly starting/stopping/restarting hardly offset any fuel saved, regardless of how expensive it gets. Just another "solution" looking for a problem...
Here it gets cold in the winter and hot in the summer. If there is too much load as in a/c and seat fans on or heat on constantly to try to warm the truck and heated seats on then the truck will not shut down at a stop.

Mine pissed me off when it doesn't shut down.😂. It was appreciated especially when gas was around $8 a gallon. I also didn't mind it going into eco mode.😂

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I hated those dial switches for the tranny, I got out of the truck numerous times while in gear😳. That’s why Ram had to put a auto in park feature once you opened the door.
That just takes getting used too. Kinda like looking for the clutch pedal in an auto to start or finding no shifter on the column when going from 1 car to another.
They also had to have auto park feature on all electronic shifters, even the ones in the console.
What drives me nuts is in my truck, Charger and 300 they go into park when the door is open.
They all including the Challenger go into park automatically or when shut off. Or at least do something to grab your attention.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Because it's hot in Florida. Plus I can't stand the stop and start bang. It's annoying.
I hate having to turn it off everytime I get in my truck. I'm hoping I can disable it permanently through software.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I hate having to turn it off everytime I get in my truck. I'm hoping I can disable it permanently through software.
The 2500 doesn't have it. Thank God.

OP
2ndAmend

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 HCM6 2022 RENB
Thread Starter #74
That just takes getting used too. Kinda like looking for the clutch pedal in an auto to start or finding no shifter on the column when going from 1 car to another.
They also had to have auto park feature on all electronic shifters, even the ones in the console.
What drives me nuts is in my truck, Charger and 300 they go into park when the door is open.
They all including the Challenger go into park automatically or when shut off. Or at least do something to grab your attention.
LOL! I have done a lot of stomping on the missing clutch and waving at the console looking for the shifter!

Yes, that door open thing is a PITA, seems to jam on the brakes. Thanks!

OP
2ndAmend

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 HCM6 2022 RENB
Thread Starter #75
I was told that if you put the trailer plug in that it turns off.
I saw in the manual that it is disabled when in TOW/HAUL mode, maybe that's what someone was trying to say?

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I saw in the manual that it is disabled when in TOW/HAUL mode, maybe that's what someone was trying to say?
A friend of mine gave me a dummy plug.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
OP
2ndAmend

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 HCM6 2022 RENB
Thread Starter #78
A friend of mine gave me a dummy plug.
And it works?!?!? That would be a great cheap and easy solution! And I LIKE cheap and easy! :) Thanks!

Did he add a resistor or something to it?

OP
2ndAmend

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 HCM6 2022 RENB
Thread Starter #79
Ran across this, has anyone had this brake problem?

2022 Ram eTorque Problems And Solutions
The 2022 RAM is the brand new model in this series, but it is not perfect. It still faces some issues.
The 2022 RAM 1500 eTorque is the newest model that people believe is more reliable than its predecessors. However, it also causes an abrupt engine shut-off and automatic emergency brake activation.
Automatic Emergency Brake Activation
2022 RAM owners could experience emergency braking activation when driving or turning left or right. Credit: commons.wikimedia.org
Most users have had horrible experiences when vehicles stall at highway speeds and activate emergency breaks. This also happens when turning left or right. Since all this happens abruptly, the risk of other motorists slamming into you becomes high.
Solution

Unfortunately, there is no known solution to this problem. Mechanics even say that there is no related code stored in the computer system after scanning it. That leaves the problem a mystery.

Until the manufacturer comes up with a solution and explanation, this eTorque system problem will still cause more chaos and economic disruption globally.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Until the manufacturer comes up with a solution and explanation, this eTorque system problem will still cause more chaos and economic disruption globally.
Dang. Whoda thunk that of all things it would be the eTorque system that leads to the world's collapse?