Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

I ORDERED AN E-TORQUE BY MISTAKE!!! CRAP!!!

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 HCM6 2022 RENB
3 months ago I ordered a Ram from Koons at 5% under. As it stands now, comparing sticker price to Koons price, minus expected incentives, it comes to 15.5% off sticker, a great deal these days.

I just downloaded the Window Sticker and noticed it has the eTorque!!! Not what I thought I ordered!

I didn't notice the order confirmation had the eTroque!!! I signed it, order when though, truck is built awaiting shipping.

I could just not take delivery and eat the $1k deposit, or I could buy it and flip it at a profit (we have no sales tax here). I could just keep it. It will be my DD when the weather is not sutiable for the HC plus I do a little towing and plow my driveway.

As many of you know, I am generally anti-EV primarily because it is a political solution to a problem that does not exist. And I like to keep vehicles for a very long time and don't relish the thought of replacing an expensive battery a year after the warranty runs out.

Will this truck will be ok with the eTorque and not be a long term problem? Or should I bail out and buy a F150 next year? (It looks like all 23 Rams will be eTorque.)

DemonSRT

500 Posts Club
Donating Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kawartha Lakes
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Built in Canada 2018 Demon #3135
You don't seem to know what E-Torque is. lol

It sure ain't a EV. lol

GBLWRMR

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
South
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Super Stock
I'll take it at your agreed price. Let me know when it arrives and I'll meet you at the dealership and buy the truck. No reason to lose your $1K. PM me your info and I'll take it.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
E torque is you get instant Emails on your Connect Screen all day😁

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Yeah bud, it isn’t an EV, it’s more like a part-time hybrid. The battery is small and doesn’t power the vehicle - but it will add power. The battery is $2500 to replace and not $25,000.

Go drive one, most people would never know it was different.

hell on wheels

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
E Tork
It gets the ball rolling as it starts.
When the engine cuts off from a stop.

OP
2ndAmend

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 HCM6 2022 RENB
Thread Starter #8
You don't seem to know what E-Torque is. lol

It sure ain't a EV. lol
I know exactly what it is which is why I didn't want it. My Silverado is almost 20 years old and did just fine without it. It adds complexity and possible future expenses with no significant benefit from what I can see.

OP
2ndAmend

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 HCM6 2022 RENB
Thread Starter #9
I'll take it at your agreed price. Let me know when it arrives and I'll meet you at the dealership and buy the truck. No reason to lose your $1K. PM me your info and I'll take it.
LOL! I was waiting for this! Only 8 min, not bad! If I don't take delivery I'll be in touch, but I ain't flying to DC! :)

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
LOL! I was waiting for this! Only 8 min, not bad! If I don't take delivery I'll be in touch, but I ain't flying to DC! :)
Arrange pick up for Christmas week and you could pretend it's Die Hard 2

GBLWRMR

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
South
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Super Stock
The old lady will tell ya I'm quick, too. But what does she know? :ROFLMAO:

DemonSRT

500 Posts Club
Donating Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kawartha Lakes
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Built in Canada 2018 Demon #3135
I know exactly what it is which is why I didn't want it. My Silverado is almost 20 years old and did just fine without it. It adds complexity and possible future expenses with no significant benefit from what I can see.
Whatever. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Has @Jimmy N. signed up as another user😂😂😂

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Will this truck will be ok with the eTorque and not be a long term problem? Or should I bail out and buy a F150 next year? (It looks like all 23 Rams will be eTorque.)
Hmm, let's see here.

Choice A: Get the Ram for a good price and enjoy a (most likely) trouble free vehicle.

Choice B: Forfeit the deposit, get a Furd F150, and practically be guaranteed to have problems.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Hmm, let's see here.

Choice A: Get the Ram for a good price and enjoy a (most likely) trouble free vehicle.

Choice B: Forfeit the deposit, get a Furd F150, and practically be guaranteed to have problems.
Going to agree with @Jimmy N. Completed my annual maintenance on my Furd and after two upper oil pan repairs under warranty I discovered it leaking again...@#$%&$##...now out of warranty. F'ing Furds.

p.s. @Jimmy N., don't expect agreement on four door vehicles now 😅🤣😂🤣😅🤣😂🤣🤣.

OP
2ndAmend

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 HCM6 2022 RENB
Thread Starter #16
I was hoping to hear some guys say "I have it and it is great, no problems!". Still hoping.

The Serv Mgr at the local Dodge is a good guy, a car and motorcycle guy, known him for over 25 years, I trust his opinion. He chuckled and said is a good feature especially at no cost. The added low end torque at start makes the 5.7 pull like a 6.4. He also said they have not seen any problems, it has a 8/80k warranty and the only drawback he can see is the added weight.

I'm warming up to the idea, not like I have a choice. Worst case is resell after delivery and probably make a profit.

I will need to bypass that stop/start.

OP
2ndAmend

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 HCM6 2022 RENB
Thread Starter #17
No offense intended, but you have made 3 posts so far and have not provided an opinion as to whether you think the eTorque is a good idea/feature and why. You have been a bit rude and insulting while I sincerely seek information from people who might have first hand knowledge of and/or experience with the system. Even if you don't, your thoughts/opinions are welcome. Please share them if you have any. Thanks! :)

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
You made it pretty clear you had your mind made up about it, now you’re looking for someone to convince you otherwise?

I don’t have one but looked at one the other day.

No offense intended, but you have made 3 posts so far and have not provided an opinion as to whether you think the eTorque is a good idea/feature and why. You have been a bit rude and insulting while I sincerely seek information from people who might have first hand knowledge of and/or experience with the system. Even if you don't, your thoughts/opinions are welcome. Please share them if you have any. Thanks! :)

OP
2ndAmend

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 HCM6 2022 RENB
Thread Starter #19
You made it pretty clear you had your mind made up about, so you’re looking for someone to convince you otherwise?
Not sure what you are asking.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I was hoping to hear some guys say "I have it and it is great, no problems!". Still hoping.

The Serv Mgr at the local Dodge is a good guy, a car and motorcycle guy, known him for over 25 years, I trust his opinion. He chuckled and said is a good feature especially at no cost. The added low end torque at start makes the 5.7 pull like a 6.4. He also said they have not seen any problems, it has a 8/80k warranty and the only drawback he can see is the added weight.

I'm warming up to the idea, not like I have a choice. Worst case is resell after delivery and probably make a profit.

I will need to bypass that stop/start.
I have it and I like it. The stop /start is not annoying like on other vehicles that start by the starter. It also works to smooth out shifts. A friend of mine is a mechanic at my dealer that got trained on the system. He works at one of the biggest dealers in Montreal and has not had any in with issues.
The stop/start does save a noticeable amount of fuel in city driving.