Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Demon 170 Class Action Lawsuit

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk and project X,
Ha! The speed limitation that is applied for a safety measure in accordance with US DOT regs has hurt the value of your overpriced piece of shit?

One more time and I’m done with you also. Tell me about the financial injury if you cannot exceed 150 mph again?

Also you are a good example, answer my fundamental simple depo questions as a typical Plaintiff. You can’t! That crap will not fly my friend.

Go to bed Cole. This guy has some good click bait set up.
What US DOT regulation mandates a speed limit of 150 mph? Diminished value is something used all the time in car accidents. Not sure why all the hostility, not answering your questions? Again, this isn't about me, it is about a class action lawsuit which may or may not be filed (IDK).

Who has good click bait? TK?

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Prove financial harm? I lost $5k in a callout at a street race because I was lied to about the top speed of my 170. What more do you need sir 😉😂
Resale value, again, I think this if from TK's youtube vidoes, but the ADM dropped like a rock after it came out about the 150 speed limit (so did the auction prices).

Last edited:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
So how many people actually will try or want to go 215 mph, 1%? 90% will sit or be driven very little

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
What US DOT regulation mandates a speed limit of 150 mph? Diminished value is something used all the time in car accidents. Not sure why all the hostility, not answering your questions? Again, this isn't about me, it is about a class action lawsuit which may or may not be filed (IDK).

Who has good click bait? TK?
I am tried of doing your research. Have to go get paid for this shit. Dah! You can start at the NHTSA Website.

I can be contacted privately for my T&C’s along with a quote if you need more help. If someone can find a case like this, I will be glad to join the defense team.

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
Well I’ll take the first B5 Blue Demon 170 that won’t do 215 mph and I’ll pay 35k and forget about the lawsuit.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
I am tried of doing your research. Have to go get paid for this shit. Dah! You can start at the NHTSA Website.

I can be contacted privately for my T&C’s along with a quote if you need more help. If someone can find a case like this, I will be glad to join the defense team.
Maybe there is some confusion here, I am not asking for your help regarding an actual or potential lawsuit regarding claimed performance of a Demon170. I am aware of many cars from the factory that exceed 150 mph so I question your statement regarding some Federal organization limiting the speed of automobiles. Heck even a 2018 Demon with the non-crate PCM exceeded 150 mph (with the crate PCM installed, 213 mph based on youtube videos). I do believe it was limited to 162 mph due to the drag radials. Some factory cars exceed 200 mph today, right off the showroom floor.

I am a little surprised at your hostility in some of your responses, but it is what it is. Some of the emails from SRT regarding this subject I posted, were obtained from RacerX video regarding the subject (yes, I know, another youtuber).

Stay positive, as my grandmother used to say, "it will all work out in the wash".

Member ID
Reactions
City
Space Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
23 Demon
What's wrong with the link? TK, Butter and OCMotivator seem to be on top of all things Demon170. .
That is a joke??

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
It depends on who you ask, many Dodge dealers are not happy with them, Butter is the one who broke the active serviceman story regarding his Demon170 order which cumulated with him receiving another Demon170 courtesy and Tim K. and picking the car up at Jay Leno's garage.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Not really. I volunteer my services to the Defense.
Crazy that this action is even in the courts...what do the litigants want:unsure::unsure:...a rebate..feel they've been duped:unsure::unsure:...want to return your car for a refund:unsure::unsure::unsure:....ya waited forever..paid more than you should...now ya got it..sell it..or shut da fuck up and enjoy it...

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Crazy that this action is even in the courts...what do the litigants want:unsure::unsure:...a rebate..feel they've been duped:unsure::unsure:...want to return your car for a refund:unsure::unsure::unsure:....ya waited forever..paid more than you should...now ya got it..sell it..or shut da fuck up and enjoy it...
Probably regretting their 92 month $5k payment. The plaintiffs gets money, and the lawyers. Class action suits are garbage. You’ll have maybe 3 plaintiffs in this case. Everyone else will get $30, or a set of street tires, flash, and sign a waiver. I could see dodge offering that, maybe.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Space Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
23 Demon
I wonder if the lawyers can be sued for the diminished value this b.s. is bringing to happy Demon 170 owners? Throw the worthless influencers & BAT Demon flipper peanut gallery in it also.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Ha! The speed limitation that is applied for a safety measure in accordance with US DOT regs has hurt the value of your overpriced piece of shit?

@DGatzby do you standby that statement from last night? If so, please provide clarification regarding whether the Demon170 is an "overpriced piece of shit" or is that on a case by case?

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
If I put 170 badges on my R/T (which will make it a 170) can we add the blower whine should at least make it sound like you are doing 215 and my blower whine isn't loud enough:unsure:

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
I wonder if the lawyers can be sued for the diminished value this b.s. is bringing to happy Demon 170 owners? Throw the worthless influencers & BAT Demon flipper peanut gallery in it also.
The diminished value argument is something that has been covered by the aforementioned youtubers, I have no idea what the lawsuit alleges (if there is one).

Member ID
Reactions
City
Space Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
23 Demon
The diminished value argument is something that has been covered by the aforementioned youtubers, I have no idea what the lawsuit alleges (if there is one).
The YouTube Demon influencers should certainly be included in a diminished value lawsuit. They fuel the fire for views. Listening to potential Demon buyers at a large auction recently blew my mind how ill informed people are. Spewing sales figures like they were pork subsidies. Silly!

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
The YouTube Demon influencers should certainly be included in a diminished value lawsuit. They fuel the fire for views. Listening to potential Demon buyers at a large auction recently blew my mind how ill informed people are. Spewing sales figures like they were pork subsidies. Silly!
You want catch me saying a bad thing about RacerX, TK Garage, OcMotivator or Butter, they have helped so many Demon170 buyers and provide a lot of good information, imo. They are usually the first to report news regarding Stellantis.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Space Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
23 Demon
You want catch me saying a bad thing about RacerX, TK Garage, OcMotivator or Butter, they have helped so many Demon170 buyers and provide a lot of good information, imo. They are usually the first to report news regarding Stellantis.
I have nothing bad or good to say about these influencers. I take in the content as presented. Providing good info is a great thing. But what about the pure false & misleading content for the sole reason of generating clicks?

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
I have nothing bad or good to say about these influencers. I take in the content as presented. Providing good info is a great thing. But what about the pure false & misleading content for the sole reason of generating clicks?
I am not aware of any false or misleading content from them, are you? If so, please provide an example.

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
And some lawyers wonder why they always rate less trustworthy than auto mechanics and politicians.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Space Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
23 Demon
I am not aware of any false or misleading content from them, are you? If so, please provide an example.
When some content can’t be backed with any credible facts or sources it makes you wonder. Probably to bait followers & get them to hinge on every word spoken. Stay tuned folks to the next episode blah blah blah…

Last edited: