Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Demon 170 Class Action Lawsuit

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
If you’re buying a 150k+ car for Texas mile and it’s a dodge challenger… that says it all

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
(Nothing against people that spent way less than 150k for their redeyes etc that do the Texas mile)

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
This is like that guy suing the movie theatre because his 24 oz cup only holds 22 oz

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk and project X,
If you’re buying a 150k+ car for Texas mile and it’s a dodge challenger… that says it all
What exactly does it say or mean?

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I think the Texas mile thing is an excuse and not factual. They want to do dumb things on the highway with them.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Why buy a brick of a car for $150+k when there’s way better cars for that same money maybe a bit more that will run 200+ for that event

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
First question in your Depo sir…. Why did you purchase your 170? Drag race or to go 215 mph? You are under oath.

Go ahead and answer the former.

Next question in your Depo. Are you aware other Dodge Hellcats are capable of speeds that are greater and cost less?

Want to continue Cole?

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Why buy a brick of a car for $150+k when there’s way better cars for that same money maybe a bit more that will run 200+ for that event
IDK why anyone would run these events without at least a cage but it is done all the time. LaseDoc loved this stuff and went to many 1/2 and 1 mile events with this curious yellow Demon (2018).

Not sure of your price point but many did pay over 150K, however some paid much less.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
First question in your Depo sir…. Why did you purchase your 170? Drag race or to go 215 mph? You are under oath.

Go ahead and answer the former.

Next question in your Depo. Are you aware other Dodge Hellcats are capable of speeds that are greater and cost less?

Want to continue Cole?
Not sure that is the process in a class action lawsuit, of course I want to continue, shall we discuss how a class action lawsuit works? seems like a good place to start

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Not sure that is the process in a class action lawsuit, of course I want to continue, shall we discuss how a class action lawsuit works? seems like a good place to start
Get after it. Some of us actually make lots of money in the legal profession.

Answer the first two questions. Then we will go down your personal road and discuss if you own other cars and your knowledge of modifications and what you have done. Still want to be one of the Plaintiffs that shit little legal firm requires for a Class Action Suit?

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Get after it. Some of us actually make lots of money in the legal profession.

Answer the first two questions. Then we will go down your personal road and discuss if you own other cars and your knowledge of modifications and what you have done. Still want to be one of the Plaintiffs that shit little legal firm requires for a Class Action Suit?
This isn't about me, this is about a class action lawsuit that was apparently filed regarding the advertisement of the vehicle and claims made (if I have the story correct). I understand some make lots of money in the legal profession that is why I stated that if maybe fruitful to describe how a class action lawsuit works.

Are you saying that everyone that is part of the class action will give a deposition? Lets be clear exactly what the process is.

Last edited:

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
This isn't about me, this is about a class action lawsuit that was apparently filed regarding the advertisement of the vehicle and claims made (if I have the story correct). I understand some make lots of money in the legal profession that is why I stated that if maybe fruitful that describe how a class action lawsuit works.

Are you saying that everyone that is part of the class action will give a deposition? Lets be clear exactly what the process is.
Where and when was this suit filed, Cole? I can’t say it has not, but it would be public record, so I say to the world right now, post up the link to the lawsuit. Otherwise this is BS.

Reading the first post (IMO it is half BS) it says it has been filed and gone to arbitration already!

IF any of that shit is true, the most easy settlement as I suggest above is for Dodge to simply offer a 100% or shit a nice 110% of the purchase price back and they will want the car back with MANY conditions to play that game.

The Named Plaintiffs will be deposed many times. Unnamed Plaintiffs have no control and get little of what remains of any settlement. Like I said above IF and IMO this is a stretch they file, you going to say you have been financially damaged? How? Because you are not going for injury. The description above is for misrepresention. Financial loss must be proved for a misrepresentation Class Action or any suit for that matter.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Where and when was this suit filed, Cole? I can’t say it has not, but it would be public record, so I say to the world right now, post up the link to the lawsuit. Otherwise this is BS.

Reading the first post (IMO it is half BS) it says it has been filed and gone to arbitration already!

IF any of that shit is true, the most easy settlement as I suggest above is for Dodge to simply offer a 100% or shit a nice 110% of the purchase price back and they will want the car back with MANY conditions to play that game.

The Named Plaintiffs will be deposed many times. Unnamed Plaintiffs have no control and get little of what remains of any settlement. Like I said above IF and IMO this is a stretch they file, you going to say you have been financially damaged? How? Because you are not going for injury. The description above is for misrepresention. Financial loss must be proved for a misrepresentation Class Action or any suit for that matter.
I think the class action information is included in the you tube video from TK Garage.

Ok, so the named plaintiffs will be deposed and address the question of financial damage. If the speed "limitation" impacts the value of vehicle that seems like a good place to start.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
I think the class action information is included in the you tube video from TK Garage.

Ok, so the named plaintiffs will be deposed and address the question of financial damage. If the speed "limitation" impacts the value of vehicle that seems like a good place to start.
Ha! The speed limitation that is applied for a safety measure in accordance with US DOT regs has hurt the value of your overpriced piece of shit?

One more time and I’m done with you also. Tell me about the financial injury if you cannot exceed 150 mph again?

Also you are a good example, answer my fundamental simple depo questions as a typical Plaintiff. You can’t! That crap will not fly my friend.

Go to bed Cole. This guy has some good click bait set up.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Prove financial harm? I lost $5k in a callout at a street race because I was lied to about the top speed of my 170. What more do you need sir 😉😂

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Really Cole a You Rube link?

I got balls brother. I have posted to this BS click bait YouTube site to confirm where he got his info. I say BULLSHIT.
What's wrong with the link? TK, Butter and OCMotivator seem to be on top of all things Demon170. It could be BS, time will tell.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Remember, people do good things, but they wouldn’t do it if there wasn’t money in it. Likes, subscribes, money, 170s. Period. Any advertisement is good advertisement. Everyone likes a viral story, true or not, perpetuated by video after video.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Good news/bad news is content, and content is $$$.