Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Calling out all Luddites

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
It shows your ignorance. Exactly what my post was pointed at.
Thank you for your compliment. That coming from you is a honor.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Luddite by dictionary definition is someone who resists change and tries to destroy the future...

All I'm saying is maybe stand back and watch what's happening...

I remember my paternal Grandfather not wanting a new John Deere tractor to manage 500 acres because he thought his two great teams of horses could do better...
Things happening today are not the same. It’s more about politics than anything else!

OP
B

Blown7

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Woodstock
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Trackhawk
Thread Starter #123
Things happening today are not the same. It’s more about politics than anything else!
True

I fully agree
Buy lots of things I'd like to see free of politics
I think CocaCola needs more cocaine.
Whiskey distilled any way by anyone needs no ATF...or taxes..
2A should not need any explanation by government.
We don't need welfare...as far as I'm concerned if you got too many mouths to feed either starve or create something.
We do not need any government intervention at lower levels.

At some level way beyond my simple mind the USA got out of control..

However we gotta live with constraints...
EV being one.

So we just need to pivot and pull out our DMMs and figure out how at 2000 volts at 1000 amps equals horsepower...

Just as my father pulled home for two days after his workday... his first 1932 Ford Model B with my grandfather's horse team....to repair and make drivable.

So let's try to figure out how to make electrics faster....

Unless... as my occupation as always shown..that today's technicians are befuddled by electrical/electronics ..as has been always the case since the 1920s.

So yes play little Blown7 knows lots of people games...

Or prove me wrong..

BTW i do have Jay Lenos personal number and visited his Newport home many times......I knew him when he was poor..

OP
B

Blown7

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Woodstock
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Trackhawk
Thread Starter #124
So with all that being said...I can understand why Speedy didn't get the Willy Wonka golden ticket as we need to move on rather than be be stuck in the 1950s...trying to make horsepower by any means...he said it himself...he doesn't understand electric vehicles in the future.

Not that I like the the dimwitted no brained Instagrame figurehead that Dodge picked...

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
So Dodge will have evs in 2024 so that means we have to go buy them? We don't have to jump on board if that isn't what we want to own. Wouldn't be any different then what dodge did in the 80's, making 2.2 turbo cars. We should all go out and buy them and make them faster? It's called choice, if you are not interested then you don't make that choice

There could be a point where lots of people on here have evs and are happy with them. As long as it was their choice nothing wrong with that. Right now most have no interest and some will never own any

Does it make you feel more relevant to say you know this person or met that person, we all have:rolleyes:

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
Any farmers here using EV equipment ?
Combines Industrial tractors fertilizers etc

I had a brief discussion with a farmer last week
He is being offered all kinds of incentives to go EV
He told me when the EV tractor can operate 72 hours plus without recharge & he doesn t need 4 hours and a fuel powered generator to charge the machinery in the middle of a 1000 acre field he may consider it
He feels we are several years away minimum before he would consider EV for farming
He is not to confident in the car markets at this point
He has no issues with EV cars as grocery getters but has concerns about battery replacement cost
Said for now he is sticking with ICE unless its a power tool LOL

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
I won’t be buying an ev now or in the future! Take that electric junk and stick it up your can! Sorry Dodge I’ll pass , no fake sounds for this old man.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
@Blown7 since you are absolutely ready for EV’s, you are attempting to encourage the Forum to also join you. You have understanding of hydro power etc. all ok.

Now please explain how the current electric systems can provide enough power for us to charge these fabled machines. Please elaborate and focus on the certain fact that many will need to go home at the end of a normal work day and together we will need to charge these things, along with all the items we currently do. Further please help us understand what is currently producing this said power, how we will generate AND store more if necessary to support these 2000 volt monsters, along with everything else electric. After that, I would love to hear your prediction for electric rates and whatever the Federal Government will do to collect the funds for ongoing road maintenance that is currently funded by the taxes collected at fuel pumps.

OP
B

Blown7

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Woodstock
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Trackhawk
Thread Starter #129
Any farmers here using EV equipment ?
Combines Industrial tractors fertilizers etc

I had a brief discussion with a farmer last week
He is being offered all kinds of incentives to go EV
He told me when the EV tractor can operate 72 hours plus without recharge & he doesn t need 4 hours and a fuel powered generator to charge the machinery in the middle of a 1000 acre field he may consider it
He feels we are several years away minimum before he would consider EV for farming
He is not to confident in the car markets at this point
He has no issues with EV cars as grocery getters but has concerns about battery replacement cost
Said for now he is sticking with ICE unless its a power tool LOL

You would be amazed how many electric tractors are out th
@Blown7 since you are absolutely ready for EV’s, you are attempting to encourage the Forum to also join you. You have understanding of hydro power etc. all ok.

Now please explain how the current electric systems can provide enough power for us to charge these fabled machines. Please elaborate and focus on the certain fact that many will need to go home at the end of a normal work day and together we will need to charge these things, along with all the items we currently do. Further please help us understand what is currently producing this said power, how we will generate AND store more if necessary to support these 2000 volt monsters, along with everything else electric. After that, I would love to hear your prediction for electric rates and whatever the Federal Government will do to collect the funds for ongoing road maintenance that is currently funded by the taxes collected at fuel pumps.
I can't.

Crucify me.

As I hope to bring us to an epiphany...I can not

This is what we have to deal with...Unless a global uprising ensures we are screwed with our ICE Engines...

At one time I knew nothing about engines..I was a toddler..

I grew up in a gas or diesel world running "field cars" when I was ten or eleven.
My father put me on a tractor at 9 yrs old picking hay bales...and no I couldn't steer a old International truck...someone would jump on the running board and sterr the wheel...

But let's face it...the future is now..as much as we ignore or wish it away..

So you going to be racers or whiners?

I hear lots of whining from old guys. (Remember I'm one)

So are you racers ready to challenge the ICE norm...or are you going to give the finger to the Tesla driver that beats you at the next red light?

For myself I want a Stellantis fire breathing Fratzonig 130 decibel vehicle that knocks a Tesla Plaid to last year.

Speedy be dated.

Your too young to be us old petrol farts..get with it and represent...

I busted the old Freescale DMC bootlegger engine operation system in 2007 what have you done?

OP
B

Blown7

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Woodstock
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Trackhawk
Thread Starter #130

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
Let me know when they get your G650 ev powered.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
You would be amazed how many electric tractors are out th
I can't.

Crucify me.

As I hope to bring us to an epiphany...I can not

This is what we have to deal with...Unless a global uprising ensures we are screwed with our ICE Engines...

At one time I knew nothing about engines..I was a toddler..

I grew up in a gas or diesel world running "field cars" when I was ten or eleven.
My father put me on a tractor at 9 yrs old picking hay bales...and no I couldn't steer a old International truck...someone would jump on the running board and sterr the wheel...

But let's face it...the future is now..as much as we ignore or wish it away..

So you going to be racers or whiners?

I hear lots of whining from old guys. (Remember I'm one)

So are you racers ready to challenge the ICE norm...or are you going to give the finger to the Tesla driver that beats you at the next red light?

For myself I want a Stellantis fire breathing Fratzonig 130 decibel vehicle that knocks a Tesla Plaid to last year.

Speedy be dated.

Your too young to be us old petrol farts..get with it and represent...

I busted the old Freescale DMC bootlegger engine operation system in 2007 what have you done?
That is ok, you can’t. I actually sit in the Boardroom of the National Hydropower Association as a Committee lead, hoping to get a voting “appointment” this fall. I am happy you understand and promote hydropower. The answer to what I posed to you is that we need many Pumped Storage Hydropower projects, NOW. As the electric system/grid exists today it cannot run the essential air conditioning systems after the sun sets, let alone charge cars. PSH provides a liquid battery for long term storage and energy availability after the solar goes down after the sun sets. It “recharges” itself during the day, when the net power demand is actually near negative due to the excessive power generation by all sources, minus the demand. Those projects not only provide the energy required to charge these things in the evenings and overnight, but also serve as batteries that replace and trim the need for additional lithium and other nasty temporary minerals necessary for rechargeable batteries. Plus right now, these people who believe the current answer is EV’s, need to understand what is being accomplished in terms of damage to the environment to generate the power necessary to charge these things.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Unless... as my occupation as always shown..that today's technicians are befuddled by electrical/electronics ..as has been always the case since the 1920s.

BTW i do have Jay Lenos personal number and visited his Newport home many times......I knew him when he was poor..
Befuddled or not, maybe one reason I'd never want an EV is because I have a degree in electronics. What you do know can hurt you...or however the saying goes.

Jay Leno? Am I (also) a goof ball because I've met him many times, and did help him get his Duesenberg running again when it had carburetor issues?

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Befuddled or not, maybe one reason I'd never want an EV is because I have a degree in electronics. What you do know can hurt you...or however the saying goes.

Jay Leno? Am I (also) a goof ball because I've met him many times, and did help him get his Duesenberg running again when it had carburetor issues?
I grew up down the road from a major action adventure movie star from the 80s. How many points do I get for that?

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Now that you mention it, in California I could look down at Pamela Anderson's swimming pool.
That should be worth a point or two in this pointless discussion.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Now that you mention it, in California I could look down at Pamela Anderson's swimming pool.
Was she noode?

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Pictures or it never happened :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Pictures or it never happened :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:.
I'm wondering what all that fake bodywork looks like in the sunlight...

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Although I have some decent telephoto lenses, spying on neighbors in that fashion would be more than a little creepy, I think. Instead, there are three brain cells set aside specifically for remembering occasions like that.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I'm wondering what all that fake bodywork looks like in the sunlight...
Somewhat similar to normal flotation devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.