Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Will there be a 2024 Durango Hellcat?

Member ID
Reactions
City
OC
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 300
In the official press release it did not mention the 2023 Durango Hellcat is a "last call", so for me it seems to keep the door open to a possible 2024 model year?

In addition, if the 2024 Challenger and Charger will be fully redesigned, it is unlikely Dodge will roll out a new generation of Durango for the same year, so another positive factor for the 2024 DHC to exist?

At last, Ram is unlikely to remove the 1500 TRX from the market soon because the F150 Raptor R is coming, so it means the 6.2 supercharged V8 will stay for a while, and thus can be used in any models that Stellantis like to for a couple more years.

I like Durango Hellcat and want to buy the "better" one - if I bought a 2023 but Dodge subsequently releases a high-power redeye version for 2024, I will be seriously pissed off...

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Debatable and can assure you their is not going to be a higher Hp option in 2024 so I would not base my purchase on that thinking.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
They did say they were bringing it back for one last production year so....

OP
F
Member ID
Reactions
City
OC
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 300
Thread Starter #4
They did say they were bringing it back for one last production year so....
In this article it says "When asked if the the Durango SRT Hellcat would stick around beyond 2023 Kuniskis told the media 'only 2023 model year for now.' Elshoff told MA, 'it's one year, but we are hoping for more.' "

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1136742_caged-1964-5-ford-mustang-convertible-by-ringbrothers

Since they are hoping for more (than just 2023), it means if nothing unexpected happened then there will be 2024 models. After the slight mechanical change, the DHC already met the LEV3 requirement, so there is no legal blocker that can prevent the sale of DHC. Unless Dodge voluntarily cancel it, there is no other reason that there should not be a 2024 model year.

OP
F
Member ID
Reactions
City
OC
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 300
Thread Starter #5
In addition, since "Durango SRT Hellcat will not be a volume limited model", so technically speaking Dodge will manufacture as many as it can. Think about those 2021 buyers who have paid the premium for the scarcity claimed by Dodge at that time...

This hurts consumer's trust - if an auto maker always come up with different reasons to overthrow what it said previously, how can it guarantee what it says is true this time?

OP
F
Member ID
Reactions
City
OC
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 300
Thread Starter #6
One thing sounds extremely fishy as well (for Challenger and Charger):

Kuniskis confirmed to MA at the 2021 LA auto show, they would die after 2023. "I will have this car (referring to both), this platform, this powertrain as we know it through the end of '23. There's two more years to buy a Hellcat, then it's history."

Pay attention to his wording - it merely means the current generation of Challenger/Charger Hellcat will be ended by 2023. For 2024+, since Challenger/Charger will ride on a new platform, they can still put the 6.2 SC V8 in it, give it a new name (for example "HeavenCat" etc?), which still does not contradict with what he said right now - "There's two more years to buy a Hellcat, then it's history."

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
The Hellcat engine is no more after 2023 so.....

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat

Kuniskis confirmed to MA at the 2021 LA auto show, they would die after 2023. "I will have this car (referring to both), this platform, this powertrain as we know it through the end of '23. There's two more years to buy a Hellcat, then it's history."

Pay attention to his wording - it merely means the current generation of Challenger/Charger Hellcat will be ended by 2023. For 2024+, since Challenger/Charger will ride on a new platform, they can still put the 6.2 SC V8 in it, give it a new name (for example "HeavenCat" etc?), which still does not contradict with what he said right now - "There's two more years to buy a Hellcat, then it's history."
You are just trying to reason with yourself now lol. No more hellcat or 392 motors in at least the charger/challenger after 2023. Trx probably sticks around until 2024/2025, and durango may or may not stick around after 2023 but it's up for discussion.

Trackhawks are done
Hellcat charger/challenger-done after MY '23
Trx - ??
Durango -back for one maybe two years

OP
F
Member ID
Reactions
City
OC
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 300
Thread Starter #9
You are just trying to reason with yourself now lol. No more hellcat or 392 motors in at least the charger/challenger after 2023. Trx probably sticks around until 2024/2025, and durango may or may not stick around after 2023 but it's up for discussion.

Trackhawks are done
Hellcat charger/challenger-done after MY '23
Trx - ??
Durango -back for one maybe two years
Maybe you are right, or maybe I am right, or maybe both we are right or wrong, no one knows until it happens.

It all depends on how credible Stellantis is and whether they keep their words.

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
My question is what will Dodge bee selling in 2024 besides the Hornet? I doubt that the Banshee is going from concept in 2022 to full production in 2024.Or are they just going to stick the smaller displacement engines in the existing Charger/Challenger/Durango platforms? Maybe they'll be like Chrysler that year and have just one offering?

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Maybe you are right, or maybe I am right, or maybe both we are right or wrong, no one knows until it happens.

It all depends on how credible Stellantis is and whether they keep their words.
It's really the epa regs and cafe standards that are doing this. Stellantis would probably make 5-10 more years of hellcats if they could, it's that they literally can't because they will lose money on cars due to taxes, fees, fines, etc etc

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

I wouldn't bank on anything you hear now about future offerings...If you can get what you want in 2023;;;ya better buy it...

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
In addition, since "Durango SRT Hellcat will not be a volume limited model", so technically speaking Dodge will manufacture as many as it can. Think about those 2021 buyers who have paid the premium for the scarcity claimed by Dodge at that time...

This hurts consumer's trust - if an auto maker always come up with different reasons to overthrow what it said previously, how can it guarantee what it says is true this time?
Lol. Exactly

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
My question is what will Dodge bee selling in 2024 besides the Hornet? ?

Town and Country HC

OP
F
Member ID
Reactions
City
OC
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 300
Thread Starter #15
It's really the epa regs and cafe standards that are doing this. Stellantis would probably make 5-10 more years of hellcats if they could, it's that they literally can't because they will lose money on cars due to taxes, fees, fines, etc etc
For 2021, FCA sold 411,513 cars in the US. Let's assume they sell thousands of hellcats annually in the future, it just represent around 1%-2% of its annual sales volume. If FCA sales switched to majorly EVs and small-displacement vehicles, I do not see 1% of gas guzzler sales will impact their consolidated CAFE score too much.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
For 2021, FCA sold 411,513 cars in the US. Let's assume they sell thousands of hellcats annually in the future, it just represent around 1%-2% of its annual sales volume. If FCA sales switched to majorly EVs and small-displacement vehicles, I do not see 1% of gas guzzler sales will impact their consolidated CAFE score too much.
It's not just hellcats, it's their entire lineup including the v6, 5.7, 6.4, etc etc

They are not going to waste resources and time producing hellcats just because we want them, each plant is geared towards certain cars so if they switch over entire platforms they aren't going to make older versions of the car.

Also each year the regulations get tougher and tougher.