Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Whipple 3.8 Gen 6 Stage 2 Supercharger

Trader history for 16GoManGoHC2 (0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Whipples latest Gen 6 3.8L Supercharger. Shipped 12/28/23 and Just arrived today. What comes with it make it a stage 2 kit. Included will Whipples 112 mm TB with a custom adapter that clocks it to clear the power steering pump on 15 and 16 hellcats or straight your choice it has a dual bolt pattern for the TB, Whipples fuel rail kit with fuel pressure sensor, the coolant hoses with insulation and abrasion resistant covering installed with 90 degree AN fittings on the coolant hoses and ported stepped AN fittings for in the supercharger lid (some scratches on the fittings from unfortunately removing the SC a couple times). The original MAP sensor wire extensions and a custom made plug and play no cut intercooler coolant temperature sensor extension harness so you don’t have to cut your OEM harness, a custom made super magnet oil drain plug for the Whipple, fresh from whipple install kit that is in the box with the supercharger which includes all new orings and intake gaskets, and Satera’s latest just received HD clutched pulley clutch assy and a 3.75 pulley shell and your choice of another in size you want as he owes me a pulley shell yet. The Satera clutch hub will come with the Satera made puller to pull the hub off the Whipple and install the Satera clutched hub on to it (1200 value). Also included will be a customized to fit the 3.8 Whipple AAD idler pulley assembly. Will include 316 Stainless Steel hex head cap screws that bolt the blower to the heads.
I’ve decided to go compound boost with a Hellion kit through either my ported 2.4 IHI or a 2.7 IHI that’s in the process of full porting including runners and port matching to my Thitek ported heads. For street play and roll racing this route will allow me to go back to a flex tune to run any fuels, gasoline for winter storage or when ever wanted, or a dedicated kill tune for max power all with just the turn of a dial.
7500 cash or PayPal
IMG_0071.jpeg IMG_0063.jpeg IMG_0062.jpeg IMG_0060.jpeg IMG_0059.jpeg IMG_0057.jpeg IMG_0058.jpeg

Last edited:

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Love the compound boost idea… rock on.
I’ll share the ad.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
GLWS

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Trusted seller

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Bump for great price and a great guy

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
This is an absolute steal of a price from a great seller.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
GLWS

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
I know a guy selling Hellion kits. Should I introduce the 2 of you ;)

OP
16GoManGoHC2

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Thread Starter #9
I know a guy selling Hellion kits. Should I introduce the 2 of you ;)
Sure!! I may already know him?

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
Going with the 2.4 would be ur best bet. U want as much low end Torque as possible as the Turbo's will make up the mid and top end power. This setup will only make as much power as the blower will make but im guessing ur opting for his flexfuel setup with 1600cc injectors the compound boost needs E85 for sure.

I considered this setup heavily and went back and fourth with Satera on it in detail. It definately has its advantages over a straight blower setup as changing boost is a breeze.

Jeremy talked me out of it tho. It just didnt meet my hp goals he said the blower becomes a major restriction with compound boost. I would not use that 2.7 especially ported. The 2.4 will work better. The less parasitic loss u have the better.

Wow killer deal on the 3.8. I can see why ur switching tho cause that 3.8 requires GOBS of boost and a 426ci or bigger so of course there is no flexfuel option for that unless u went with 1600cc injectors but that 3.8 requires 2150's to reach its potential and there is no flexfuel option for that Jeremy told me. But he did say it was MAYBE possible to run 93 octane to just limp home but NO boost!

Jeremy has cracked the ECU to flextune it. No one else has done that yet so IF I was gonna flextune it Satera would be my choice likely.

Whipples latest Gen 6 3.8L Supercharger. Shipped 12/28/23 and Just arrived today. What comes with it make it a stage 2 kit. Included will Whipples 112 mm TB with a custom adapter that clocks it to clear the power steering pump on 15 and 16 hellcats or straight your choice it has a dual bolt pattern for the TB, Whipples fuel rail kit with fuel pressure sensor, the coolant hoses with insulation and abrasion resistant covering installed with 90 degree AN fittings on the coolant hoses and ported stepped AN fittings for in the supercharger lid (some scratches on the fittings from unfortunately removing the SC a couple times). The original MAP sensor wire extensions and a custom made plug and play no cut intercooler coolant temperature sensor extension harness so you don’t have to cut your OEM harness, a custom made super magnet oil drain plug for the Whipple, fresh from whipple install kit that is in the box with the supercharger which includes all new orings and intake gaskets, and Satera’s latest just received HD clutched pulley clutch assy and a 3.75 pulley shell and your choice of another in size you want as he owes me a pulley shell yet. The Satera clutch hub will come with the Satera made puller to pull the hub off the Whipple and install the Satera clutched hub on to it (1200 value). Also included will be a customized to fit the 3.8 Whipple AAD idler pulley assembly. Will include 316 Stainless Steel hex head cap screws that bolt the blower to the heads.
I’ve decided to go compound boost with a Hellion kit through either my ported 2.4 IHI or a 2.7 IHI that’s in the process of full porting including runners and port matching to my Thitek ported heads. For street play and roll racing this route will allow me to go back to a flex tune to run any fuels, gasoline for winter storage or when ever wanted, or a dedicated kill tune for max power all with just the turn of a dial.
First 8500 cash offer takes it all.
View attachment 126049 View attachment 126050 View attachment 126051 View attachment 126052 View attachment 126053 View attachment 126054 View attachment 126055

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
Going with the 2.4 would be ur best bet. U want as much low end Torque as possible as the Turbo's will make up the mid and top end power. This setup will only make as much power as the blower will make but im guessing ur opting for his flexfuel setup with 1600cc injectors the compound boost needs E85 for sure.

I considered this setup heavily and went back and fourth with Satera on it in detail. It definately has its advantages over a straight blower setup as changing boost is a breeze.

Jeremy talked me out of it tho. It just didnt meet my hp goals he said the blower becomes a major restriction with compound boost. I would not use that 2.7 especially ported. The 2.4 will work better. The less parasitic loss u have the better.

Wow killer deal on the 3.8. I can see why ur switching tho cause that 3.8 requires GOBS of boost and a 426ci or bigger so of course there is no flexfuel option for that unless u went with 1600cc injectors but that 3.8 requires 2150's to reach its potential and there is no flexfuel option for that Jeremy told me. But he did say it was MAYBE possible to run 93 octane to just limp home but NO boost!

Jeremy has cracked the ECU to flextune it. No one else has done that yet so IF I was gonna flextune it Satera would be my choice likely.
Sentrea also has no fast cars. I know 2 for sure that should be faster and are not both tuned by sentera.
look at his own build not fast at all. Over priced mini Barth.

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Satera has no fast cars huh? That made me lol literally! Gotta love it when ppl hate on others just because they are successful lol.

I could give a ratts ass who's the best tuner or who has the fastest cars bro smh. So u saw a car that should have been faster but it wasnt and Satera tuned it that sounds so dumb bro with so many other possibilities as to why the car wasnt its fastest lmao.

Reguardless he's the only one that has cracked the ECU to offer a true flextune. Thats fact. If that hurts ur feelings get over it!

Sentrea also has no fast cars. I know 2 for sure that should be faster and are not both tuned by sentera.
look at his own build not fast at all. Over priced mini Barth.

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
Satera has no fast cars huh? That made me lol literally! Gotta love it when ppl hate on others just because they are successful lol.

I could give a ratts ass who's the best tuner or who has the fastest cars bro smh. So u saw a car that should have been faster but it wasnt and Satera tuned it that sounds so dumb bro with so many other possibilities as to why the car wasnt its fastest lmao.

Reguardless he's the only one that has cracked the ECU to offer a true flextune. Thats fact. If that hurts ur feelings get over it!
Nope don’t hurt my feelings.
And by the way not a true flex fuel tune better do
More research on it.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
I went through this before. Not a true flex tune and not 100%. I know how to do it as well

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
If the provisions in the OS don't exist for a direct sensor...how is that data getting in there? He sure isn't writing his own code for that ECU and neither is HPT. So what tables and what input did he backdoor to make it work? Does it properly modify cold start values per content?

Also. It was MUCH more of a value when it was about 1100 bucks or so to "flex tune" it. Now that is a 3500 dollar option! No Flippin way.

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
So who offers a better flextune?

Nope don’t hurt my feelings.
And by the way not a true flex fuel tune better do
More research on it.

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Considering it's already being tuned...that tells me the ECM wasn't substantially different.

Need someone with a spare PCM, a 170 and a set of balls to hammer this out for the rest of us.

2ndgen

Member ID
Reactions
City
Orem
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
If the provisions in the OS don't exist for a direct sensor...how is that data getting in there? He sure isn't writing his own code for that ECU and neither is HPT. So what tables and what input did he backdoor to make it work? Does it properly modify cold start values per content?

Also. It was MUCH more of a value when it was about 1100 bucks or so to "flex tune" it. Now that is a 3500 dollar option! No Flippin way.
My understanding is that he repurposes the EGR sensor pin and EGR offset tables that are otherwise unused on the 6.2. Pretty damn clever if you ask me. It may not be a perfect solution, but it's a whole hell of a lot better than no solution at all.

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Status
Not open for further replies.