Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What did you do to your Hellcat today?

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Many more options in 20” but running those would ruin the look and feel of the Super Stock😎
My point was the g2 were not cheap so I bought something else

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
I know, I was just lamenting I wish I had other less expensive options for the 18”
Although we hit rain today coming back from the wife’s Dr appointment and man what a difference the G2s made when driving in the rain! Waaaayyy better😊

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
The Redeye on corn lost the cats and it sounds awesome.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
The Redeye on corn lost the cats and it sounds awesome.
Did you go out and smack it around and listen yet?:p:p

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Did you go out and smack it around and listen yet?:p:p
Yesterday and it was a blast. No joy today as it's raining again. :-(

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I always felt that the Nittos were reasonably priced.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I always felt that the Nittos were reasonably priced.
I did too until last year. My Yokohama were almost $200 cheaper

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Had the g2s on my 13 mustang they were fine

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I've only had 1 set of Yokohamas and they would never stay in balance. Discount Tire even replaced them and the next set did the same thing.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
You always get what you pay for.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
I've only had 1 set of Yokohamas and they would never stay in balance. Discount Tire even replaced them and the next set did the same thing.
Same here. Went back to Nittos after 3 sets replaced for free by Discount.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
M
Mine have been fine

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
Two days ago when it was 59 degs I took it for a bath. Just a quick spray off, no brush, mitt or anything other than HP soap, rinse and spot free rinse with a blow dry on my way out.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Speaking of tires. You guys have it easy, you only need two rear tires to drag race.

The Cat looks the same but is begging for rubber! I need four racing tires and two new rear street tires. All my tires are now four seasons old, @Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC made it so it is light years worse for tire spin now. Thanks buddy, I asked for it!

Even with all my rear threads looking good because i have been a good boy, they just don't stick any longer. So WTF, now that some chineje shit has ruined our world the past three years, getting rubber sucks!! Discount Tire only can find big Pirelli race tires and Tire Rack can only find Michelin tires? To say they are expensive is an understatement!

So let us start with some street rears. How does $690.99 each sound? Discount tire can find some 4S's in the 345/30, but holy shit!

Now for the four race tires. Holy shit don't apply, this is goofy. 335/30's $650-685/each those are the little units for the front to wear! Want to get 345/30's on the rear, sure; $763.90! And those are some weird shit Michelin has come-up with that talk to you or something. Not happening.

So, I am probably going to return to my Italian roots, and go with Discount Tire and try some of those fancy PZero Trofeo-R units. The 345/30 is a reasonable $591, and the little front 335's are a measly $588 each. What a bargain, huh? After a 5% ex-military discount, the four won't be too bad. I'll probably order up the new Michelin PS4S rears, because i remember attempting to use my existing rears at the track last October one day. Shit, even after numerous laps, and plenty of heat, anything under 100 mph was a joke. The damn thing behaves about like it would on a snow covered road!

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
I think you've tried the R888r's in the past...any interest in checking them out again? I actually liked the old R888's better on track (well speaking Viper anyway).

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
Speaking of tires. You guys have it easy, you only need two rear tires to drag race.

The Cat looks the same but is begging for rubber! I need four racing tires and two new rear street tires. All my tires are now four seasons old, @Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC made it so it is light years worse for tire spin now. Thanks buddy, I asked for it!

Even with all my rear threads looking good because i have been a good boy, they just don't stick any longer. So WTF, now that some chineje shit has ruined our world the past three years, getting rubber sucks!! Discount Tire only can find big Pirelli race tires and Tire Rack can only find Michelin tires? To say they are expensive is an understatement!

So let us start with some street rears. How does $690.99 each sound? Discount tire can find some 4S's in the 345/30, but holy shit!

Now for the four race tires. Holy shit don't apply, this is goofy. 335/30's $650-685/each those are the little units for the front to wear! Want to get 345/30's on the rear, sure; $763.90! And those are some weird shit Michelin has come-up with that talk to you or something. Not happening.

So, I am probably going to return to my Italian roots, and go with Discount Tire and try some of those fancy PZero Trofeo-R units. The 345/30 is a reasonable $591, and the little front 335's are a measly $588 each. What a bargain, huh? After a 5% ex-military discount, the four won't be too bad. I'll probably order up the new Michelin PS4S rears, because i remember attempting to use my existing rears at the track last October one day. Shit, even after numerous laps, and plenty of heat, anything under 100 mph was a joke. The damn thing behaves about like it would on a snow covered road!
Really is 1st world problems we're dealing with:cool::ROFLMAO:

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

I shoulda, woulda, bought some myself before they went absolutely insane. Now I'm sticking with the pzeros on the front of the Challenger.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
I shoulda, woulda, bought some myself before they went absolutely insane. Now I'm sticking with the pzeros on the front of the Challenger.
Good for you. I don’t mind the PZ4 PZero’s. I have the four that came with the car looking brand new on my stock fugly black wheels. Used for rain or for non-serious sessions on the track, and out of town trips or if I want the car to be more common looking when it leaves my garage (no shiny chrome custom wheels). There was not really any difference when compared with the PS4S rears on the track last October. They both would not get traction, the lap times were not impressive. Those big old PS4S rollers just don’t seem to have any more grip than an old skinny 305/35 now. They may have some value for an early spring smoke show :unsure::unsure:

Plasticman

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Opelika
State
AL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger HC
I've tweaked the right rear exhaust somehow after just catching the corner of a curb with the RR tire. I've had it on a lift, still cannot find where the exhaust is hitting the floor (I feel the vibrations in my seatbelt now and it sounds different in the car). I checked alignment of the exhaust tips, not issues. I put the car on a lift and walked around comparing the right and left sides around the resonator where it "hit", can't find anything different between the two sides. I know something is moved the system close to sheet metal to pass along those vibrations but cannot find anything indicating something has moved. Go figure.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I've tweaked the right rear exhaust somehow after just catching the corner of a curb with the RR tire. I've had it on a lift, still cannot find where the exhaust is hitting the floor (I feel the vibrations in my seatbelt now and it sounds different in the car). I checked alignment of the exhaust tips, not issues. I put the car on a lift and walked around comparing the right and left sides around the resonator where it "hit", can't find anything different between the two sides. I know something is moved the system close to sheet metal to pass along those vibrations but cannot find anything indicating something has moved. Go figure.

Is one of the hangers tweaked in such a way that the isolator rubber is allowing the hanger to touch metal to metal instead of only through the isolator?