Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What did you do to your Hellcat today?

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Completed some serious shit today.
**Washed and shined the road course wheels
**Washed and cleaned the car and the rain set on the car - those wheels and tires were dirty. I think they have not got a good bath since being on the car last May on the infamous day of failure.
** Completed important little project. Got my third set of rotors torqued to the DP hats. All that remains is throwing the front rotors on, the rear DP’s always stay, then four pad changes, select the right wheel set, add the appropriate amount of fuel, including the right proportion of MS109 for Saturday morning May 14 in Elkhart Lake WI, then I am going to warm it up, check it out and proceed to drive the shit out of it.

9511ECDC-FC2B-4B74-BE38-34D41546025C.jpeg
3BE5CE8D-61EC-4317-9B85-F0016A648097.jpeg

One little fun item also is going to be bolting up the road course wheels and using the street as some sandpaper. Both fronts and rears are loaded with rubber that needs removed.[loveboost]

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Now that’s some hump busting work right there!
Yea, but I sit at a desk and in front of a PC all week.
Feels great getting out and burning calories.
Will be 62 in July.
That's all been removed 1 hand shovel load at a time.
30 years ago I would have paid someone to do it, now I enjoy getting outside and sweating.

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
I hear ‘ya. Same here.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
l
Yea, but I sit at a desk and in front of a PC all week.
Feels great getting out and burning calories.
Will be 62 in July.
That's all been removed 1 hand shovel load at a time.
30 years ago I would have paid someone to do it, now I enjoy getting outside and sweating.
looks like good therapy.....for maybe 20 minutes...then I call in the troops...

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
ED885B93-0072-4A08-964E-F727A0452C3F.jpeg 25C4C0F2-2136-4BFD-A288-1A6E2AE88B47.jpeg 74F5A62E-BE4D-4BE2-93DD-484446676E34.jpeg 9EA02C57-E8B6-449D-BF46-2821E537885D.jpeg @BULL since you asked, PG Tranny Mount in today. I’ve got the car up on the Quick Jack now checking on the AAD parts I installed and the service tech who just aligned the car for me last week. Just making certain nothing has loosened up, re-torque everything, etc. R&R of the mount was a piece of cake and gives much better access to the drain and fill holes, drain especially. 6 bolts all together, support tranny with floor jack and a piece of wood. Torque all to 45ft.lbs. Next fluid change should be a pleasure without having to worry about all the drained atf sloshing around in the mount and spilling. Really no weight savings worth mentioning, just convenience. One thing that bothered me was I was sent a black powder coated part, not the blue as pictured. Not a big deal, but it’s principle to me.

Last edited:

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
I drove to work today, and 6speed was GLORIOUS!

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
I drove to work today, and 6speed was GLORIOUS!
Good for you, enjoy. I work in such a shit neighborhood I very seldom take mine to work. If I know I’m leaving early and can avoid the masses I bring it once in a while. Too many driving without insurance here.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Good for you, enjoy. I work in such a shit neighborhood I very seldom take mine to work. If I know I’m leaving early and can avoid the masses I bring it once in a while. Too many driving without insurance here.
Yeah I mainly drive it on weekends. Maybe once to work every month or two. I absolutely hate stopping for say an errand in it. I always think she's too good for that:LOL:

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Yeah I mainly drive it on weekends. Maybe once to work every month or two. I absolutely hate stopping for say an errand in it. I always think she's too good for that:LOL:
I go to Lowes or Piggly wiggly once in a while in mine. Drove down to the beach last weekend.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I go to Lowes or Piggly wiggly once in a while in mine. Drove down to the beach last weekend.
I stay away from the beach. It gets covered in salt and sand.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Hoping to get mine out today. They been sitting in my brother in laws garage for a week now. I'm so NOT happy.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Washed the car. Been driving it for a month and only the 2nd wash. Been raining a lot

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
The girl is assured of a healthy high octane diet. Just received this little package at my home.

B6EBFF99-B51B-4D08-9125-F66CF30981A3.jpeg

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Today, the final touch on the “power train”. Put the refreshed lightly oiled Air Grabba into it. Just brakes and tires, and tow hook install remains. -14 days. Yesterday it seemed to like it’s new diet with the fuel “upgrade”.

54BEBE4C-BA33-492C-958C-72C9EC8731DE.jpeg

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Today, the final touch on the “power train”. Put the refreshed lightly oiled Air Grabba into it. Just brakes and tires, and tow hook install remains. -14 days. Yesterday it seemed to like it’s new diet with the fuel “upgrade”.

View attachment 69466
Mine went ape shit on race gas.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Mine went ape shit on race gas.
All felt very good, took it on a short drive. If it works it will be very apparent on the course. I have lots of laps documented. We do that like you guys do your 1/4 records. Except we have TONS of data. The hiccup is what I am after. This may make it worse? IDK. I am going to trend it heavy on the race gas initially and begin to back off and see if anything changes. If it is different, I want to feel or see something NOW.

The weather is looking to begin trending better, it can’t get any worse! Keep your fingers crossed for me. The dealer gets one more peek later this week. I found an item they may have overlooked, plus they can’t unbolt all that shit up front and put the tow hook on.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
All felt very good, took it on a short drive. If it works it will be very apparent on the course. I have lots of laps documented. We do that like you guys do your 1/4 records. Except we have TONS of data. The hiccup is what I am after. This may make it worse? IDK. I am going to trend it heavy on the race gas initially and begin to back off and see if anything changes. If it is different, I want to feel or see something NOW.

The weather is looking to begin trending better, it can’t get any worse! Keep your fingers crossed for me. The dealer gets one more peek later this week. I found an item they may have overlooked, plus they can’t unbolt all that shit up front and put the tow hook on.
I think that the hiccup can be tuned out. Mine does not have one, knock on wood.
I stay away from dealers as much as I can. Seems my cars always runs better when I stay away.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
I think that the hiccup can be tuned out. Mine does not have one, knock on wood.
I stay away from dealers as much as I can. Seems my cars always runs better when I stay away.
It can. If it survives this season, I’ll let Jon have at it. My dealer is different, these are “friends” and they know their shit. I would and have let a couple of them do anything to it. He gets last eye on the drivetrain, its supporting cast, and suspension to double check me. I get to be the brakes/tire guy. I do check twice. By later in the week, I may have it converted and just drive on the street with the brakes changed out. Thinking about doing the brakes over a couple of evening nights instead of blowing next Sat or Sunday.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
It can. If it survives this season, I’ll let Jon have at it. My dealer is different, these are “friends” and they know their shit. I would and have let a couple of them do anything to it. He gets last eye on the drivetrain, its supporting cast, and suspension to double check me. I get to be the brakes/tire guy. I do check twice. By later in the week, I may have it converted and just drive on the street with the brakes changed out. Thinking about doing the brakes over a couple of evening nights instead of blowing next Sat or Sunday.
I'm jealous that you have a dealer that you can trust.