Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Welcome newcomers, please introduce yourself!

Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
ORDERING 2022 HC RE AS SOON AS DODGE TAKES ORDERS
Hi everyone. We don't have one yet but we are seriously thinking about ordering a new Charger Redeye Hellcat. Believe it or not I think we want a base model car. None of the options mean much to us and some we actually don't like. For example we would pay extra NOT to have a sun roof LOL.

My wife and I are a one car family (we just like to go everywhere together) so this would be a daily driver. It will seldom (if ever) be used for serious track use or racing. I'm thinking a base model car with the standard tires and wheels would be more comfortable and practical for a daily driver. I know this is not the best car for daily driving but who cares? It sounds like a ton of fun to us! I may have a few questions as we get further into choosing what we want. Many thanks!

Robert

Last edited:

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Hi everyone. We don't have one yet but we are seriously thinking about ordering a new Charger Redeye Hellcat. Believe it or not I think we want a base model car. None of the options mean much to us and some we actually don't like. For example we would pay extra NOT to have a sun roof LOL.

My wife and I are a one car family (we just like to go everywhere together) so this would be a daily driver. It will seldom (if ever) be used for serious track use or racing. I'm thinking a base model car with the standard tires and wheels would be more comfortable and practical for a daily driver. I know this is not the best car for daily driving but who cares? It sounds like a ton of fun to us! I may have a few questions as we get further into choosing what we want. Many thanks!

Robert

Welcome!

Usually when somebody orders a "stripper" model, they are looking for cost and/or weight savings so they can dedicate it to the drag strip. Of course the Charger RE doesn't have a really long option list right now anyway.

While I would consider the Alcantara, you do you!

When you get something ordered up, let us know, and pictures are always a casual requirement. ; )

Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thanks Bull. The primary reason we would order a stripper model is there really are not options that do much for us. Cost and weight are somewhat important but not a really big deal to us. I will look into the Alcantara interior. What are the advantages? We do have two dogs (a large German Shepard and a pug) that will be riding in the back seat but we will put a seat protector on.

I do have two questions I have come up with. How is the ground clearance for a daily driver? Do you have to drive around town always worried that you will scrape the bottom every time your pull off into a parking lot, etc? Also how is the interior noise at normal highway speed? I read one review that said it is very loud. That does not seem right to me.

We are thinking about a white car with the light brown interior. (I forget what they call the light brown interior.) We want a sleeper car that is fast as all get out but does not attract undue attention. We are thinking the plain white Charger would not be too flashy. Thanks again.

Robert

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thanks Bull. The primary reason we would order a stripper model is there really are not options that do much for us. Cost and weight are somewhat important but not a really big deal to us. I will look into the Alcantara interior. What are the advantages? We do have two dogs (a large German Shepard and a pug) that will be riding in the back seat but we will put a seat protector on.

I do have two questions I have come up with. How is the ground clearance for a daily driver? Do you have to drive around town always worried that you will scrape the bottom every time your pull off into a parking lot, etc? Also how is the interior noise at normal highway speed? I read one review that said it is very loud. That does not seem right to me.

We are thinking about a white car with the light brown interior. (I forget what they call the light brown interior.) We want a sleeper car that is fast as all get out but does not attract undue attention. We are thinking the plain white Charger would not be too flashy. Thanks again.

Robert
Good luck with your search and welcome.
Lots of charger owners here that can help answer your questions.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thanks Hunter. I've only been here a short time but I've had a ton of questions answered!

Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Beach
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Durango srt
Drags from Long Beach , Ca
Got my Durango SRT 2021 in May and so far so good.Went to Vegas and Phoenix for vacation and the drive was the best part . Iam 66 my first high performance car.Glad for this site

OP
HellcatFan

HellcatFan

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #1,007
Got my Durango SRT 2021 in May and so far so good.Went to Vegas and Phoenix for vacation and the drive was the best part . Iam 66 my first high performance car.Glad for this site
Welcome aboard!

Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hi Drags. I'm new around here as well. I'm also an old fart at 62 and have had a few high performance cars over the years but nothing with 800 HP! I will be ordering a Charger HC RE when the 2022 season opens up.

Robert

OP
HellcatFan

HellcatFan

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #1,009
Hi Drags. I'm new around here as well. I'm also an old fart at 62 and have had a few high performance cars over the years but nothing with 800 HP! I will be ordering a Charger HC RE when the 2022 season opens up.

Robert
Welcome aboard Robert!

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Welcome and congratulations.
Post some pics?

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Us old farts have to stick it to the young guns,, right. Fixin to turn 65,, I have had the pleasure of driving, operating, and wrecking some nice cars coming up from the 70s. I blame it on my social upbringings.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Sounds like a good thing to blame it on to me. These here youngins' just don't get it, when we war young ............

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat

Robert
No way You are and Old Wise Soul.
I may be there in 2022 right with you ordering a Charger Redeye.
I love my Charger Hellcat and had the great experience to be the 1st Charger Hellcat into 9s! I'm looking forward to have some race time soon!

Linda :)

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Welcome Newbies!

Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thanks Linda. Wow, the 9's! I need to figure out a way to get my scooter into the 9's!!

Robert

vidal1313

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradenton
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Charger Hellcat
Hello gals & guys!
Vidal from Bradenton, FL
I recently purchased a 21 widebody Charger HC. I love these cats! This is my second Charger HC. My first one was a 2017.

Last edited:

Geerhed

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Beaver
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 WB Hellcat Charger
hello Vidal! Congratulations!! Post us a Photo of the new beast!

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Hello gals & guys!
Vidal from Bradenton, FL
I recently purchased a 21 widebody Charger HC. I love these cats! This is my second Charger HC. My first one was a 2017.

Welcome to our place!

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Hello gals & guys!
Vidal from Bradenton, FL
Welcome from MGC and congratulations!

OP
HellcatFan

HellcatFan

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #1,020
Hello gals & guys!
Vidal from Bradenton, FL
Congrats and welcome aboard