Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

TRX Orders

Member ID
Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Depends on my mood
Tha
So my dealer is claiming only Launch Editions availability to order and they have ordered 2. They are saying 100k Range Holly Crap and yeah think I will be sitting it out till the order your own is available. And unfortunately my selling dealer has all new people and I don't think they no what the hell is going on.
That’s what the first dealer told me too but clearly a sold order can be placed. I guess we’ll see how it all works out soon enough.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Tha

ts what the first dealer told me too but clearly a sold order can be placed. I guess we’ll see how it all works out soon enough.
Yeah they are saying you cant order a regular TRX yet. And I think their DUMB and have another call into my former Sales guy at the dealer and is now at a different dealer.

OP
MaxCarnage

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #23
Well unfortunately bad news for me. Not getting the TRX at least for now. My dealer checked around today and with most dealers marking the TRX up, they said with their likely limited allocations they will be doing a MSRP for now. I've never had my dealer back pedal on me, that was extremely disappointing. Now that I know invoice pricing is $5,500 different from MSRP I can't bring myself to buy one at MSRP, not just yet. My dealer advised me to wait until next summer/spring when things cool off more.

Here's to hoping the Raptor comes out with something new and great to compete with the TRX and I'll sit back and wait until prices drop more. Hopefully by then more colors will be around as well.

Hopefully everything works out better for everyone else. I'm about $10k off the price I'd like to be at. So time to save more money and wait.

I guess if this doesn't work out in a year or so maybe I'll just buy a cummins or a rebel. I dunno. I really want the TRX, but also just want a truck too ahaha.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Yeah just got a response back from my years and years salesman who I have purchased a ton of vehicles from. And the new dealer he works at now wants 30k Over for all TRX trucks LOL. Told him hard pass and hell I can keep the Raptor and for 20k could probably match the TRX power. And I’ll just sit out till they realize their smoking to much dope.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I'm getting all types of responses but each dealer I've called said they can order me one

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Ok my local dealer is saying they can get me one and will take car of me and yeah ok will see.

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Spoke with sales rep. And he spoke with head of ordering for their dealership.

They will be getting 2 launch editions. One if going to the owner. And the other is gonna be at showroom around December.

The PRICE for a launch is $95000. This dealership will be putting a $5000 ADM on the truck.

My sales guy said to just chill and wait for the hype to die down. The truck isn’t worth 100k. I agree. No truck is worth a 100k.

Obviously if you wanna be the guy who gets it in the driveway first and you gotta have it. The price is their, just buy it.

From what I was told. They will be building a couple thousand launch models. And plenty of TRX.

Currently these trucks will be way slow to get out the door. They are only running one shift at the factory instead of three. The are only at 7% production right now. Planning on getting to 40% by December and over 51% by start of the year.

One they get the production numbers up and more of these trucks get out into the world the price will come down.

He wants to sell me invoice plus a $1000 bucks for what I want. But he told me to what until the first quarter before I start shopping, it’s just not possible right now with the new release of this awesome truck. He will let me know when they are coming in quantity and I will grab one.

This is what I heard. Take it for whatever it’s worth. Might not be true or it is. My sales
Guy handles the commercial sales for the whole dealership and is a solid no bullshit old timer. I trust him. And the dealership is one of the largest dodge dealers in the country.

CU89

Member ID
Reactions
City
Eau Claire
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2019 Widebody Scat PacK
"WhipCat, post: 111876, member: 985"]Spoke with sales rep. And he spoke with head of ordering for their dealership.

They will be getting 2 launch editions. One if going to the owner. And the other is gonna be at showroom around December.

The PRICE for a launch is $95000. This dealership will be putting a $5000 ADM on the truck.

My sales guy said to just chill and wait for the hype to die down. The truck isn’t worth 100k. I agree. No truck is worth a 100k.

Obviously if you wanna be the guy who gets it in the driveway first and you gotta have it. The price is their, just buy it.

From what I was told. They will be building a couple thousand launch models. And plenty of TRX.

Currently these trucks will be way slow to get out the door. They are only running one shift at the factory instead of three. The are only at 7% production right now. Planning on getting to 40% by December and over 51% by start of the year.

One they get the production numbers up and more of these trucks get out into the world the price will come down.

He wants to sell me invoice plus a $1000 bucks for what I want. But he told me to what until the first quarter before I start shopping, it’s just not possible right now with the new release of this awesome truck. He will let me know when they are coming in quantity and I will grab one.

This is what I heard. Take it for whatever it’s worth. Might not be true or it is. My sales
Guy handles the commercial sales for the whole dealership and is a solid no bullshit old timer. I trust him. And the dealership is one of the largest dodge dealers in the country.[/QUOTE]

Sales guy is a bit off- 702 launch edition, that is it. Pretty well documented. Not surprised however, sales guys were clueless with the Hellcat release as well.
//moparinsiders.com/ram-is-releasing-a-limited-production-launch-edition-of-the-trx/

CU89

Member ID
Reactions
City
Eau Claire
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Only time will tell how many launches they are gonna make. When people are willing to spend the money they will keep making more.

One thing that is a true fact, is that dodge knows how to market vehicles like this. And they know how to extract top dollar for their cars. And this special 702 models is for something called the launch. And then it will be called something else or they will just make more.

The fact that production is severely stunted right now, shows how they are marketing this truck. They can’t even make the demand for this truck. So a limited production run of this launch fits with that.

Just let This year finish and we will see.

CU89

Member ID
Reactions
City
Eau Claire
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
Only time will tell how many launches they are gonna make. When people are willing to spend the money they will keep making more.

One thing that is a true fact, is that dodge knows how to market vehicles like this. And they know how to extract top dollar for their cars. And this special 702 models is for something called the launch. And then it will be called something else or they will just make more.

The fact that production is severely stunted right now, shows how they are marketing this truck. They can’t even make the demand for this truck. So a limited production run of this launch fits with that.

Just let This year finish and we will see.
I think we are crossing lines. I apologize for any confusion. Its not a limited production. They will make as many TRX as they can sell. But for the color, you can spec a TRX exactly the same or better than the launch edition. You order it, and when a dealer gets allocation Ram will build it. But there will only be 702 anvil blue launch edition built.

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
Spoke with sales rep. And he spoke with head of ordering for their dealership.

Guy handles the commercial sales for the whole dealership and is a solid no bullshit old timer. I trust him. And the dealership is one of the largest dodge dealers in the country.
As already stated only 702 launch editions (+100 for Canada). Sold out in 3 hours. https://moparinsiders.com/sold-out-2021-ram-1500-trx-launch-edition-for-the-u-s-market/

Only thing special is the color and the red console VIN plate. Guessing they will build/paint those at the same time they run the batch of 1000 Built To Serve edition Rams in the same color that will be coming out.

Sterling Heights is running all 3 full shifts, and as far as I know, has been running at full (normal) output for a couple months now trying to replenish dealer stocks. They've already built some pilot TRXs. I would expect regular production of them will start slow but ramp up quickly, especially if they think the demand is strong. Don't want a repeat of the HC launch.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Southern
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
My salesperson, who has been very good to me in the past, got back to me today with some more info...and I should clarify that my issue is with FCA not having their shit together, not the dealership. For what it's worth, she said it looks like only 7% of dealers got to order on day one. She also said that I'm first in line if I want one and it will be MSRP, but I have yet to verify when the order would go in and what the build date might be.

My build is at $84k and invoice should be around $79k soooo, my questions are:
1. How soon would it be built and delivered?
2. Is there really going to be unlimited production? I'd consider waiting if I knew I could still get one next year and it would be closer to invoice.
3. Or do I just throw in the extra $5k now and pay MSRP, which I've never done before and I'm not too thrilled about :confused:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
My salesperson, who has been very good to me in the past, got back to me today with some more info...and I should clarify that my issue is with FCA not having their shit together, not the dealership. For what it's worth, she said it looks like only 7% of dealers got to order on day one. She also said that I'm first in line if I want one and it will be MSRP, but I have yet to verify when the order would go in and what the build date might be.

2. Is there really going to be unlimited production? I'd consider waiting if I knew I could still get one next year and it would be closer to invoice.
3. Or do I just throw in the extra $5k now and pay MSRP, which I've never done before and I'm not too thrilled about :confused:
My Demon..and HC..1 dollar under MSRP...and I'm ok with that...was fortunate to get either of em

OP
MaxCarnage

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #35

Go with what your gut tells you and what you'd be happy with at the end of the day. For me that's waiting until next year. I don't need to be a first to have one. So you have to ask yourself how important that is.

I've heard all sorts of information regarding delivery. I'd just assume the worst to be on the safe side. I've heard anything from late Q4 to early Q1 delivery. That is IF Ram has their crap together and is pushing these out rapidly. That and hopefully covid doesn't lead to anymore shutdowns or delays. The TRX is NOT a limited production (with the exception of the 702 LE models). So there is no worry about IF they will make more, it is more of when they will make more. Once the rush passes with the people that need them now, the prices will fall. Especially if too many start sitting on dealer lots, or Ford ups the ante and turns up the Raptor.

My issue is same as yours. For the money we are paying FCA doesn't really have their shit together. Which is nothing new. Just go into this (If you buy) expecting a long wait, and be patient!

Good luck if you purchase!

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle

CU89

Member ID
Reactions
City
Eau Claire
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
702 LEs allocated based primarily upon prior truck sales. LE and initial regular TRX allocations were doled out in May. Many dealers received none and only figured it out when they tried to place orders Tuesday morning (shades of Bob Frederick and the Hellcat release). I imagine the Regional Reps were pretty busy answering calls and conveying the news. My dealership received allocation for 3 LE and 7 regular. LE were gone by 10, all sold orders at MSRP Regular were gone by 5, all sold orders at MSRP.

https://moparinsiders.com/sold-out-2021-ram-1500-trx-launch-edition-for-the-u-s-market/

Last edited:

CU89

Member ID
Reactions
City
Eau Claire
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
So it begins ... Medina Auto Mall in Ohio is the seller

Attachments

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
702 LEs allocated based primarily upon prior truck sales. LE and initial regular TRX allocations were doled out in May. Many dealers received none and only figured it out when they tried to place orders Tuesday morning (shades of Bob Frederick and the Hellcat release). I imagine the Regional Reps were pretty busy answering calls and conveying the news. My dealership received allocation for 3 LE and 7 regular. LE were gone by 10, all sold orders at MSRP Regular were gone by 5, all sold orders at MSRP.

https://moparinsiders.com/sold-out-2021-ram-1500-trx-launch-edition-for-the-u-s-market/
Good info and yeah your Texas truck nuts and totally different market from here in the Va Md DC area.