Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Thoughts on the Jeep

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
70k for a 2500 dollar motor and a couple Grand in axles? All while needing to cross your fingers and hope the robot didn't miss the new upgraded frame reinforcements they needed just to handle it...

Stellantis can enjoy some feverish backdoor activity with a disease infested crowbar

EDIT: 73,500?

Make that three crowbars and a hand grenade

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
70k for a 2500 dollar motor and a couple Grand in axles? All while needing to cross your fingers and hope the robot didn't miss the new upgraded frame reinforcements they needed just to handle it...

Stellantis can enjoy some feverish backdoor activity with a disease infested crowbar

Those damn robots: famous for their inconsistency and forgetfulness.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I remember the gas tank was under the driver seat..and aside from the shifter..the transfer case had two levers..
It's convenient as can be. Just pull up to the pump and fill up, without having to get out of the seat.
Add an overdrive and there's four levers. Ideally also a PTO for a 5th one. Yum.

572 savoy

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Winona
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon

Guess you won't be buying one huh?

71SixPack

Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Elizabeth
State
CO
Country
United States
I'm probably a Jeep person, having had at least one since buying my second car, and maybe 35 or so since.
My third Jeep, which I still have, has been on more trails than I could possibly remember, been driven cross country, and I lived in it for over six months once getting to L.A. after that trip.

But here's the catch: Let's say I am a Jeep person. Now what is a Jeep? In my mind they stopped making real Jeeps in '54. Yet I have a '75, an '08, and the Trackhawk. But no, they're not really Jeeps in my mind.
And the more it says "Jeep" somewhere on the outside, or inside for that matter, the less they are one, I think.

Oh, and the leading edge of a real Jeep's hood becomes an almost perfect half circle at 90 mph, by the way.

View attachment 38522 View attachment 38523 View attachment 38524
Real Jeep wheeling. Anything less than this is just posers and trash talk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #86
I'll be there with my Toyota 4Runner to pull you out if you get stuck, just saying ;)

Now if Toyota would just offer the 4Runner with a V8.

:whistle:

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
I'll be there with my Toyota 4Runner to pull you out if you get stuck, just saying ;)

Now if Toyota would just offer the 4Runner with a V8.

:whistle:
Yeah surprising they don't go back to something bigger, I mean the 4th gens had the 4.7 and the 4Runner was a bigger vehicle overall, then they just decided to leave the V8 to the Sequoia(they were pretty overlapping when the Sequoia first came out though and the bigger V8 4Runner still existed) but I think they see the 4Runner as a fun and smaller vehicle that is better for off-roading and not as much of a family hauler. I used to have a gen 3 4Runner with the 3.4 V6, liked it so much I've always had a Toyota truck since then. Toyota does trucks so well, kind of funny they can't really get it right with their cars - for enthusiasts anyway.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Well, if I had to pick between power and gearing, I'd take low gearing any day for actual 'wheeling.
But having both is nice, of course. Especially some power in the sand dunes.

Although, in sand it's nice to have a light vehicle, so now we're right back to a real Jeep. With gearing and power.