Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

The price was right so I snagged it but...

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #341
Just spoke with Rick Tapped. Really good dude and genuinely interested in helping. We had a good technical discussion and the fuel system works as I expected. FPCM 1 is the master and any additional FPCMs are slaves and just mirror what the master is doing. It makes sense.

He said I've likely maxed out the system on E85 and suggested I either put a BAP on it, or go to their triple pump system, which has it's own complexities. I'm gonna work a bit more with the JMS since I only need a touch more pressure to get things back in line. I could just cut some wires and splice in some relays that JMS engineers say will fix the issue, but I prefer factory work so I'll build a couple harnesses to make it plug and play. If it all works out I can offer them to others that need it, but I seem to be one of the rare people doing this.

I tried running the JMS on only one pump but got mixed results. I'm wondering if perhaps one pump delivering more pressure than the other causes them to fight each other in terms of how the fuel flows through the Fore hat. That's just a guess.

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Rick has always been extremely helpful to me. I run their triple 295 pump system with 3 FPCM's

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
I've tuned a car with a single bap on a dual pump hat. The fuel pressure issue was fixed with the single bap. But he did have to turn it up pretty high. 75% if I remember right.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Rick has always been extremely helpful to me. I run their triple 295 pump system with 3 FPCM's
Triple pumps on 3 FPCM’s is the way to go, but I’d use 285’s as if one pump fails on a 295 system (no check valves) you’re done. With 3 285 pumps (with check valves) 2 pumps could fail and you can still drive home.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Just spoke with Rick Tapped. Really good dude and genuinely interested in helping. We had a good technical discussion and the fuel system works as I expected. FPCM 1 is the master and any additional FPCMs are slaves and just mirror what the master is doing. It makes sense.
This is correct, and to test fuel pumps unplug at the pump not the FPCM from the car.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #346
If I were losing more pressure I'd definitely go 3 pumps, but I'm not that far off. Rick shared that TI is OK up to 18V. I was planning on like 17V or 17.5V on each pump at WOT.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle

He said I've likely maxed out the system on E85 and suggested I either put a BAP on it, or go to their triple pump system, which has it's own complexities. I'm gonna work a bit more with the JMS since I only need a touch more pressure to get things back in line. I could just cut some wires and splice in some relays that JMS engineers say will fix the issue, but I prefer factory work so I'll build a couple harnesses to make it plug and play. If it all works out I can offer them to others that need it, but I seem to be one of the rare people doing this.

I tried running the JMS on only one pump but got mixed results. I'm wondering if perhaps one pump delivering more pressure than the other causes them to fight each other in terms of how the fuel flows through the Fore hat. That's just a guess.
Remove the restrictions from your fuel lines and rails and 2 good 285 pumps should keep up with 20 psi of boost on E85 without a BAP even with ID 1300’s

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #348
Building a couple harnesses is much easier labor wise and something I'd actually enjoy so we'll see how that goes.

So far I've not seen more than 65% or so injector duty cycle so the ID1300s are not the problem.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #349
For those that aren't channel members, still fighting with the JMS :LOL:

If you have a dual pump drop in system and max it out, save yourself some headaches and just send it off to Tapped for a 3rd pump upgrade. I'm stubborn and will do one more thing to see if I can make it work. If that works, great. If not it's getting yanked.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
The jms unit works great on @vortecd car what’s the problem 😂

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #351
@jonx96 I wish I was that lucky! Even JMS can't explain that one.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
@jonx96 I wish I was that lucky! Even JMS can't explain that one.
Red neck engeneering doesn’t make sense but it works. That’s what I say.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
For those that aren't channel members, still fighting with the JMS :LOL:

If you have a dual pump drop in system and max it out, save yourself some headaches and just send it off to Tapped for a 3rd pump upgrade. I'm stubborn and will do one more thing to see if I can make it work. If that works, great. If not it's getting yanked.

Sure you’re not ready to just follow in my footsteps and get by with just the 2 pumps you already have with just 2 hours of easy labor work??? You don’t need a BAP nor a third pump at your boost level, I’ve proven that out already in my car. I’m running twin 295 pumps, no BAP, stock fuel lines, at 25 psi of boost, 2.84 PR, and 2350 Air Charge, 75 psi WOT rail pressure and my pump DC never goes over 85% on 83%E even at 30 degrees F and -1000 DA.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
What your fuel pressure dip too? Me, I just don’t like BAP’s, neither do the people who make the pump I wouldn’t think. I’d hang a 3rd pump before I used a BAP but that’s just me. Eventually the stock fuel line becomes too small no matter what unless you raise the pressure even higher and there’s a limit to that too. The restrictions in the supply line design don’t help matters, and they’re easy to remove, again, without compromising line strength or sealing at all. They built them with mass production in mind and to flow what was needed to keep up with stock fuel demand. There’s a reason the Demon and RE WOT fuel pressure was increase verse standard Hellcat it was to make smallish size injectors bigger and get past fuel line restrictions without changing the process in how they were made.
Here’s the first restrictions from the tank to engine bay, like having a restrictor orfice in each end. Easily removed with a reamer, blow line clean with compressed air and done, hour 2 max job. There’s no way removing that stuff can’t lead to an increase in flow at the same inlet pressure, it’s physics not opinion, would something like that be acceptable in the intake or exhaust path anywhere? Of course not. My .O2 at least, a BAP is a band aide plane and simple, a part that can fail, removing the restrictions is permanent and not a failure point as long as one deburs the ends correctly and doesn’t nick a oring in a fitting on assembly, that’s why their rounded, for quick wham bam assembly by folks who don’t care. View attachment 87538 View attachment 87539 View attachment 87540 View attachment 87541 View attachment 87542 View attachment 87543 View attachment 87544 View attachment 87545
The fuel line part under the car it appears the line necks down in the rounded bend from the factory. Optical illusion?

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

Did he say if he bought one like he said he was going to for testing? I would have brought up the Facebook conversation that it was your car

Also if the 2nd FPCM is a slave to the 1st then why isn't it shutting off like the 1st?

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
The fuel line part under the car it appears the line necks down in the rounded bend from the factory. Optical illusion?
Nope, no illusion, it’s rounded over, it does the same thing at the other end in the engine bay, BIG restriction. Easily removed with a hand reamer.
The stock fuel rails have this same issue and even more restrictions where the bungs are welded to the rails. Get rid of them all and there’s big gains to be made fuel delivery wise.

3DC67979-9476-41F2-8A79-01E81B0C5F66.jpeg 86BCBD58-FE2B-466F-B8D2-64642452A366.jpeg E3FA20B1-4865-4B0A-BB3A-9706055FE3C1.jpeg B29F8B49-4376-4098-8DB4-948CC32CA6D7.jpeg 15C8FF46-1776-4A06-9CCE-3AAC1F10F821.jpeg EF73A2EF-4623-4A2E-B9AB-1D0230B1E2FF.jpeg 9CC135C9-F0D3-4D6F-90D1-859B2D0A0F2A.jpeg CABD0640-4568-4C02-92D2-0899B30B55DC.jpeg

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I'm talking about the rounded bend in the line not at the end under the car.

20221203_104848 (7).jpg

Last edited:

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
I'm talking about the rounded bend in the line not at the end under the car.
No, I think they made the bend that way to get a bigger radius as tight 90’s are more restrictive then long sweep 90’s. I don’t think it’s necked down there.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
In the pic it appears it necks down that is why I asked

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
As I said on your Youtube video, take the duals and sell em, take the BAP and nuke it. I bought this setup and it is literally the best thing to future proof any mods. And yes I daily it.

https://highhorseperformance.com/fo...-15-current-6-2l-hellcat-demon-redeye-69-134/

I called @HighHorseman before final purchase and I have maxed out every drop down. It was a pita but at 23psi I have 90 psi of fuel pressure at the regulator and injectors barely have to work, I’m on 1300idx.