Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

The Official "I ordered" thread

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
2020 RE WB all options other than graphics. ordered 5/29. Arrived at dealer today, 7/15. $10k off MSRP plus the $7970 PD. Very happy.

View attachment 20352
Hell ya my man!!!!

10k off total? Or 10k plus PD making it almost 18k off?

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Hell ya my man!!!!

10k off total? Or 10k plus PD making it almost 18k off?
$18k 😎

cooldawg

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Angola
State
IN
Country
United States
Vehicle
RAM
2020 RE WB all options other than graphics. ordered 5/29. Arrived at dealer today, 7/15. $10k off MSRP plus the $7970 PD. Very happy.

View attachment 20352
Killer ride and absolute killer deal. Well done!

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
Killer ride and absolute killer deal. Well done!
Thx man. Problem now is registering it. Here in Connecticut because of Covid there is a one month wait on registration appointments. Cant do new or transfers online. Can only renew online and you cant just walk in now. Currently waiting for the dealer to open so I can see how they deal with this stuff lately. Was hoping the waiting was over already.

HarleyHetz

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
ARLINGTON
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Sublime Widebody Challenger Hellcat

cooldawg

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Angola
State
IN
Country
United States
Vehicle
RAM
Thx man. Problem now is registering it. Here in Connecticut because of Covid there is a one month wait on registration appointments. Cant do new or transfers online. Can only renew online and you cant just walk in now. Currently waiting for the dealer to open so I can see how they deal with this stuff lately. Was hoping the waiting was over already.
That’s crazy. Everything is open here- some people wear masks, and some do not. Seems they would have something more responsive given the end result is them taking more of your money...

I’m dreading buying my plates. Here in Indiana, we get hammered- registrations are one of the primary conduits they use to patch over budget shortfalls (that and increasing gas tax). Hellcat owners should receive gold star treatment from bureaucrats of all stripes. We’re definitely big contributors to those pensions, lol.

Btw, I love octane red. My RAM, Ranger boat, and wife’s RAV would be perfect matches, but another vehicle would’ve been too much.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Problem now is registering it. Here in Connecticut because of Covid there is a one month wait on registration appointments. Cant do new or transfers online. Can only renew online and you cant just walk in now. Currently waiting for the dealer to open so I can see how they deal with this stuff lately.
Wouldn't the dealer give you a temporary registration, good for a month or two? And I think those can be extended.
We got 1-1/2 months on the 'Hawk (from out of state), and my girlfriend drove it another 1-1/2 months or so after the temporary had expired. Nobody cared.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
Massachusetts doesnt have temp tags so the Mass dealer wont have those.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Bummer.
Oh well, just drive then. You should go slowly for 500 miles anyway, and surely the cops know what's going on.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Massachusetts doesnt have temp tags so the Mass dealer wont have those.
In Illinois dealers can sign up for a program to issue plates etc. One stop shopping indeed.

18k off, now i have a number i can shoot for. Thats incredible

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
In Illinois dealers can sign up for a program to issue plates etc. One stop shopping indeed.

18k off, now i have a number i can shoot for. Thats incredible
So because im a used car dealer and have dealer plates the dealer is letting me take the car today with my dealer plate. Says to come in with proof of insurance and they’ll have it registered in about ten days now.
Buuuut the saga continues. My insurance company (The Hartford) who gives me the best rates, will not insure the car. Apparently they now do not insure Hellcats. When i asked how my 2016 was insured for almost five years they said they made the change three yrs ago and I was grandfathered in. So now i need to swap all of my vehicles and my home to someone else to get any kind of bundled rate. After calling around im noticing other companies not wanting to touch this car as well.
This whole thing is losing it's luster awfully fast.

Last edited:

HarleyHetz

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
ARLINGTON
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Sublime Widebody Challenger Hellcat
So because im a used car dealer and have dealer plates the dealer is letting me take the car today with my dealer plate. Says to come in with proof of insurance and they’ll have it registered in about ten days now.
Buuuut the saga continues. My insurance company (The Hartford) who gives me the best rates, will not insure the car. Apparently they now do not insure Hellcats. When i asked how my 2016 was insured for almost five years they said they made the change three yrs ago and I was grandfathered in. So now i need to swap all of my vehicles and my home to someone else to get any kind lf bundled rate. After calling around im noticing other companies not wanting to touch this car as well.
If you are a veteran (or either of your parents are) try USAA, I find that I can't beat their rates, and they didn't even hesitate to cover my cat.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Buuuut the saga continues. My insurance company (The Hartford) who gives me the best rates, will not insure the car. Apparently they now do not insure Hellcats. When i asked how my 2016 was insured for almost five years they said they made the change three yrs ago and I was grandfathered in. So now i need to swap all of my vehicles and my home to someone else to get any kind of bundled rate. After calling around im noticing other companies not wanting to touch this car as well.
Geebus.
What about the bigger ones like State Farm or All State? I've never had many issues with them

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
Geebus.
What about the bigger ones like State Farm or All State? I've never had many issues with them
So far I've had luck with Progressive, Geico, and Liberty Bibberty. Just trying to compare quotes/coverages.

cooldawg

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Angola
State
IN
Country
United States
Vehicle
RAM
I’ve been with Erie Insurance forever. They have everything but my boat. They’re doing my cat for $400 year (pleasure driving stored Nov-March).

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Look online.
State auto (online insurance only).
2100 a year for 19 HC and 03 Ram Quadcab

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
So far I've had luck with Progressive, Geico, and Liberty Bibberty. Just trying to compare quotes/coverages.
I know State Farm will do it, and if they won't, then it is state-by-state dependent (which I've learned many things are).

SRT2SLOW

Member ID
Reactions
City
Staten Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Hellcat Challenger WB Redeye
Ordered the WB Redeye June 29th, when can I expect the car? Anyone have an a idea? Dodge chat is useless

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
Ordered the WB Redeye June 29th, when can I expect the car? Anyone have an a idea? Dodge chat is useless
They're pumping them out quickly this time of year. I’d say first week in Aug or so. My RE WB was six weeks and theyre moving even faster with most orders now.

SRT2SLOW

Member ID
Reactions
City
Staten Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Hellcat Challenger WB Redeye
Makes sense, thank you. In my head I was thinking 6 weeks