Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

The last Hellcat rumor mill

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
If my memory serves me I think projected sales figures were calculated @ 35 or 40k units for the new 68 platform. They way more than projected. They ended up selling 96,000 way up from 15,000 for 67 model.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Yep just like 1971 again except them monster in the room is these EV‘s being rammed down our throat.

Last edited:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
If my memory serves me I think projected sales figures were calculated @ 35 or 40k units for the new 68 platform. They way more than projected. They ended up selling 96,000 way up from 15,000 for 67 model.
WOW...well now we know how it was received can't say I'm surprised...I never cared for the 71 rendition going forward

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
just finished watching Vanishing Point for the who knows how manyith time [original, not the crap remakes], has me thinking a Kowalsky edition would've been the right way to bring things to an end
Me thinks the best edition would be Jimmy Addisons 67 GTX. To bad they killed off Plymouth. I would have taken that over the original 70 Black ghost all day. Jimmy Addison had a Sunoco Station on Woodward Ave with parts being leaked fromTom Hoover @ Highland Park engineering. Sorry original Black Ghost but 10 second flat on the street with no track prep was nothing short of ferocious in 1971. Many, many have said that car never lost to anything, some out of staters actually made the trip to challenge it. The Silver Bullet would have eaten and spit out he Ghost like an appetizer. Although the Black Ghost was very close to stock. If I had my choice 67 Bullet or 70 black Ghost, I would pick the Bullet, especially since Hoover had his hands all over that car and developed it with Jimmy right at that Sunoco station on Woodward.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Screenshot_20221204_204901_IMDb.jpg

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Hmmm...swear she was prettier than that
I swear your right. You be the judge.

Attachments

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
I double swear your correct

Attachments

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Member ID
Reactions
City
Auburn
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger SuperStock
One of the Hellcat owners at the track we talk to you was saying Dodge was testing this week (jon saw the cars and we didn't mention that) He said they were working on launch and said they broke some stuff. He also said they went 1.29 60 ft at 9.30. So the plate does refer to to the 60 ft 1FAST29 1****29. He also said they were having issues with the screws in the carbon fiber wheels. I didn't start the conversation and didn't add to it while he was talking about so indeed the carbon fiber wheels were a thing on car 7. He also said they had the 3.0 hellaphant blower spinning the hell out of it

The bad news is the people he knows that works there says the car will not be sold and no higher ups have given it the green light. So why they are even testing is anyone's guess. He also said there may be no 23's made. The other 6 specials may have already been made but sounds like the factory has been closed for awhile.

100% true, maybe not but some of it for sure. He may be at the track Saturday or next weekend so I can ask some more on what he knows. He owns a Hellcat, Demon, Redeye, Super Stock
I still have my doubts on the car
1FAST29 Last Call #7 39 Pilot cars: The first one went down the line Nov 14th and the last was Dec 7th! They all have 240 mm axles compared to 230 mm on all other HO cars, and a Transbrake! Only 4 have the rear seat delete. 34 Pitch Black, 4 Octane red and 1 triple nickel (Rear Seat Delete)

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
1FAST29 Last Call #7 39 Pilot cars: The first one went down the line Nov 14th and the last was Dec 7th! They all have 240 mm axles compared to 230 mm on all other HO cars, and a Transbrake! Only 4 have the rear seat delete. 34 Pitch Black, 4 Octane red and 1 triple nickel (Rear Seat Delete)
Wow. Thanks for sharing. Ok, now we need more intel! 😂

1. who is your POC? ( if u can’t say, then at least where this person is, internal to dodge, line worker etc). With so many randomly guessing this definitely would be telling.

2. Production totals. if they are building 39 “pilot”
cars (that presumably will never be sold) that likely means several hundred (or more?) are likely to be made for retail. Does your source have Any idea on what that number might be?

3. timetable. Does your source have any inkling when we might hear more of when these could be ordered, built, delivered ?

4. distribution. This is huge. Does Your guy have intel on this? If dealers get the cars we (the public) won’t see any unless you want to pay 2x msrp. The only other thing I heard as a possibility was that demon owners might get a shot directly through dodge ala the Chrysler 300C.

5. power plant. Any details on what this car will have under the hood and what sort of HP and possible ET dodge is shooting for?

Thanks again for sharing. Intel has been hard to come by over the last month or so…

Member ID
Reactions
City
Auburn
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Wow. Thanks for sharing. Ok, now we need more intel! 😂

1. who is your POC? ( if u can’t say, then at least where this person is, internal to dodge, line worker etc). With so many randomly guessing this definitely would be telling.

2. Production totals. if they are building 39 “pilot”
cars (that presumably will never be sold) that likely means several hundred (or more?) are likely to be made for retail. Does your source have Any idea on what that number might be?

3. timetable. Does your source have any inkling when we might hear more of when these could be ordered, built, delivered ?

4. distribution. This is huge. Does Your guy have intel on this? If dealers get the cars we (the public) won’t see any unless you want to pay 2x msrp. The only other thing I heard as a possibility was that demon owners might get a shot directly through dodge ala the Chrysler 300C.

5. power plant. Any details on what this car will have under the hood and what sort of HP and possible ET dodge is shooting for?

Thanks again for sharing. Intel has been hard to come by over the last month or so…
I have found 39 VIN's on my own doing a search through the servlet. There's another forum where a member tracks VIN's and that member gave me the dates that these VIN's started and ended. I don't know their source. I have all 39 of the VIN's and build sheets. No window stickers since these aren't sold vehicles. No production totals, these are only pilots. I can only go off of the equipment list. No other information about timelines, but this is definitely moving in the right direction!

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
I have found 39 VIN's on my own doing a search through the servlet. There's another forum where a member tracks VIN's and that member gave me the dates that these VIN's started and ended. I don't know their source. I have all 39 of the VIN's and build sheets. No window stickers since these aren't sold vehicles. No production totals, these are only pilots. I can only go off of the equipment list. No other information about timelines, but this is definitely moving in the right direction!
Wow. That’s awesome. I was trying to remember how many demon pilots were made. I want to say 55(?)

I also thought those pilots did NOT have full vins which meant they never were to be sold. If these have vins will they eventually be sold?

Boy I hope these are not the only examples made. If so that would be bad. No one would get one, likely at any price unless dodge raffled allocations directly to 39 drooling customers.

PS what’s the servlet you mentioned and how does one get access to it ?

Member ID
Reactions
City
Auburn
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Wow. That’s awesome. I was trying to remember how many demon pilots were made. I want to say 55(?)

I also thought those pilots did NOT have full vins which meant they never were to be sold. If these have vins will they eventually be sold?

Boy I hope these are not the only examples made. If so that would be bad. No one would get one, likely at any price unless dodge raffled allocations directly to 39 drooling customers.

PS what’s the servlet you mentioned and how does one get access to it ?
Just add the VIN to this
https://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=**************

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Interesting

No information about powerplant differences in the buildsheet?

Member ID
Reactions
City
Auburn
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Interesting

No information about powerplant differences in the buildsheet?
Nope,

* 6.2L V8 SUPERCHARGED HO ENGINE

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Why? It still could be the same 6.2 with upgraded blower, e85, more aggressive tune and other goodies boosting Hp by a lot.