Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

The last Hellcat rumor mill

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Sounds more like just a tuning trick than something "new" or different:

According to our sources, Dodge//SRT will be launching another high-performance limited-edition model before the current generation comes to an end. But what makes this new car special is that instead of running on 100+ octane race fuel, it will be able to run on ethanol (E85) instead. Those sources have indicated that the car should be a limited production (like that of the SRT Demon) and capable of producing stronger numbers than the SRT Demon. How much horsepower we do not know, but Mopar’s Direct Connection Stage 3 Kit for the Hellcat Redeye puts out 885 horsepower with 100+ octane, Hellephant pulley, and tuning. Although not confirmed we expect horsepower to be upwards of 850+ for the E85 tuned Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody.

Last edited:

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Probably all boils down to emissions once again that dictates power at flywheel for whatever fuel is used.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
We've been doing flex fuel for a while. With E85 not readily available everywhere I'd be a bit surprised but SRT does have a history of copying enthusiast ideas, so maybe. That wouldn't be enough for me to buy since I'm already doing it, especially for these $100k price tags the cars have now and anything limited edition other people can fight over. That's not for me.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Say it....

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
You might be right. :)

What would be really nice is if they instituted a way to control boost based on fuel being used via the electronic bypass valve. I'd like to get ahold of some of that code for mine :) It wouldn't be too hard to implement. Just a table with a torque multiplier for the better octane fuel.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
^^^ Dreamer !

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Stage 3 kit, that you can buy right now and have installed tomorrow at your local dealer by a qualified technician

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Stage 3 kit, that you can buy right now and have installed tomorrow at your local dealer by a qualified technician
I don't think any of that stuff is available yet through the Power Brokers program yet...

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I don't think any of that stuff is available yet through the Power Brokers program yet...
This all reminds me of the wizard of oz...

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
That is exactly my point

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Different play on my idea of a FE scheme with the DC stuff in the trunk to make it run way into the 9s and call it "stock"

Not really any different than the Demon.

Maybe it comes with the transbrake and suspension as well.
E85 tune possibly hits 900hp

Then all the collectors can run out to buy one to park next to their Demons. :sarcastic: Yay!

Hopefully Dodge doesn't feel the need to give Huntington Beach any allocations since they are still sitting on 15 unsold Demons

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
If this were to come to fruition can you imagine the ADM? No thanks. They can pound sand.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
I've had two VERY good sources tell me the Hellephant program is cancelled never to return. One of those same sources told me there is one final iteration of the Hellcat (or similar) coming and that "you'll be very impressed, call me when you wanna order". The other said he believes it'll be a special Jail Break model with a bump in HP.

Dodge's problem has always been they trip over their own feet when it comes to delivery. It's been that way since I got in to the brand back in 2009. Every opportunity they've had to really hit it out of the park they just completely drop the ball. I'm sure this will be no different.

It's also very confusing that they're focusing on 24 Months of Muscle, Direct Connect, Chief Donut Maker, etc NOW at the tail end of the platform. Maybe they've got bigger plans that these things will lead in to but if it's an "all electric muscle car" I think it'll be a flop.
The Demon was knocked out of the park from the early hype days to actual performance on the strip. That said, it's been nothing since. With Demon barely being street legal (and the crate shenanigans (race chip) that had to be part of it to make it a reality), there was obviously very little emissions, etc wiggle room. And that was in 2018. In 2023 things have only gotten harder with a greener admin in place and company ownership that CLEARLY is not big ICE friendly.

I just don't see anything substantive happening.

That said adding E85 might be possible. Just not sure it's the WOW everyone was waiting for. E85 has been around for a while, and out by me it's not easy to even find. I'd have to see what else it has but if it's a fuel swap only, I think I'll pass, esp when dyno results show adding the 100 race fuel actually adds closer to 100hp over the stock chip putting the Demon at ~900hp (not the advertised 840). And this assumes a conservative 12% parasitic loss. Going to 15% only bumps that number even higher.

Last edited:

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
You can buy E85 in a drum like you can 100 octane and its likely better/more consistent blend than what you would find at a pump.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
You can buy E85 in a drum like you can 100 octane and its likely better/more consistent blend than what you would find at a pump.
Since I don't use alot of fuel my VP guy told me that E85 would spoil before I used it all. What do you do with that?

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
I would be Open to a true Flex Fuel tune, and lightened ride. Or a Hellaphant 426 stroker. Hmmm why not just combine it all in one Pu Pu platter lightened 426 Hellaphant, lightened with carbon fiber, and on flex fuel. Wonder what that would cost without ADM.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I would be Open to a true Flex Fuel tune, and lightened ride. Or a Hellaphant 426 stroker. Hmmm why not just combine it all in one Pu Pu platter lightened 426 Hellaphant, lightened with carbon fiber, and on flex fuel. Wonder what that would cost without ADM.
$1 million dollars!!

These people don't seem to be interested in producing unique cars.

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #200
The Demon was knocked out of the park from the early hype days to actual performance on the strip. That said, it's been nothing since. With Demon barely being street legal (and the crate shenanigans (race chip) that had to be part of it to make it a reality), there was obviously very little emissions, etc wiggle room. And that was in 2018. In 2023 things have only gotten harder with a greener admin in place and company ownership that CLEARLY is not big ICE friendly.

I just don't see anything substantive happening.

That said adding E85 might be possible. Just not sure it's the WOW everyone was waiting for. E85 has been around for a while, and out by me it's not easy to even find. I'd have to see what else it has but if it's a fuel swap only, I think I'll pass, esp when dyno results show adding the 100 race fuel actually adds closer to 100hp over the stock chip putting the Demon at ~900hp (not the advertised 840). And this assumes a conservative 12% parasitic loss. Going to 15% only bumps that number even higher.

My friend was out there at spring break skiing and said he found e85 in the mountains. His thought was who is using it up here