Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Special edition Redeye will have more power than the demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
My take on no hype means no real changes, not necessarily bad ones. Who knows.
simply put....nothing new here...move along folks...nothing to see here...But it aint over...the blue oval and bowtie boys have either closed the gap..or maybe even raised the bar...wake me up in 2021...when the party starts again...just a thought

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Competition might be.... ...fierce....?

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye Octane Red
Man Oh Man...

"multiple choice horsepower-inspired questions"

SO... I got a 1 in 797 chance of picking the right answer.

Dreams can come true.. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

dreaming.gif

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I couldn't even finish the article , much less the question per week babble yatta, yatta, yatta. Just make it a Goddam raffle you enter at the local dealership or online. With the hoops you gotta jump through and schedule you gotta follow they'll have 5 people left with interest at the end of the drawing so they'll all win. :sleep::rolleyes:

OP
Mblasr
Member ID
Reactions
City
Land of the lost
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 billet he77cat
Thread Starter #66
Well it’s a shame, but looks like I’ll have to get kids involved to enter this social media contest. But worth it for a high horse unicorn

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Well it’s a shame, but looks like I’ll have to get kids involved to enter this social media contest. But worth it for a high horse unicorn
You'll probably find greater satisfaction by hanging yourself with your belt and rubbing one out.

This whole topic is pathetic. Widebody Charger and Daytona that's what you get for 2020. Maybe a new ACR concept at SEMA. Maybe. But, that's a stretch even for me.

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
Or maybe the 20th anniversary car with some appearance items. Or just a new body style Challenger with a Hellephant installed.
I keep hoping for more but since the Demon power train that was then put into the Redeye cars I'm not seeing anything to entice me to trade my car for something new. HP is not my problem, so I'm not giving my car away just for 100 hp.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Or maybe the 20th anniversary car with some appearance items. Or just a new body style Challenger with a Hellephant installed.
I keep hoping for more but since the Demon power train that was then put into the Redeye cars I'm not seeing anything to entice me to trade my car for something new. HP is not my problem, so I'm not giving my car away just for 100 hp.
It could be literally anything production-ready or nothing that will ever be built. It is just another (semi-effective) marketing ploy. I enjoy a cool car as much as anyone, but if it isn't attainable I stop caring pretty quick.

And none of us are hurting for more power, not even close. Maintaining perspective is key.

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye Octane Red
It could be literally anything production-ready or nothing that will ever be built. It is just another (semi-effective) marketing ploy. I enjoy a cool car as much as anyone, but if it isn't attainable I stop caring pretty quick.

And none of us are hurting for more power, not even close. Maintaining perspective is key.
You mean, Maintaining perspective is RED key., RIGHT??? :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

red key.jpg

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
If you watch the video you'll see the reindeer Redeyes on the fenders. That's unique. Not sure what else would be.
Goldberg said they would have 15 hp more than a Demon in the podcast that is linked in this thread. So far that appears to be untrue.

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
We all own cars that have over 700 hp. It has permanently changed my perspective. I gave a C8 serious thought for about a month. But... 495 hp? Nah. I won't spend the money for a C8 Z06 when it comes out. The GT500 is interesting but it makes me reconsider so many of the arguments about our car. If it sets good lap times and weighs 4200 lbs and a BMW M5 sets good lap times and weighs the same as our cars all we need is a little aftermarket support and we'd be a terror on road courses.
I'm getting all worked up now.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
We all own cars that have over 700 hp. It has permanently changed my perspective. I gave a C8 serious thought for about a month. But... 495 hp? Nah. I won't spend the money for a C8 Z06 when it comes out. The GT500 is interesting but it makes me reconsider so many of the arguments about our car. If it sets good lap times and weighs 4200 lbs and a BMW M5 sets good lap times and weighs the same as our cars all we need is a little aftermarket support and we'd be a terror on road courses.
I'm getting all worked up now.
If 700+ feels boring, just put it in 500hp mode for a few days, suffer, and then back into 700hp mode when you cannot take it anymore. It is like a brand new car! My other cars have 400-650hp (each with a character all their own) and none of them feel quite as over the top silly as the HC.

I hope SEMA brings positive news.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB

It's killing me to say this but I agree with you.

OP
Mblasr
Member ID
Reactions
City
Land of the lost
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 billet he77cat
Thread Starter #77
I’m going to sema. I’ll check out the dodge booth

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Yack, yack, yack. Blowing pot smoke up greart grand's ass. She doesn't even grow pot , she snuffed

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I might be going for Tuesday only....

If I do, and they don't reveal right away, I'll have a fit.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County