Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

RWHP with this set up - prognosticate / hold forth

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I got too much to lose to street race.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Thread Starter #22
I think part of the equation is what are we defining as street racing? Two folks doing a couple of informal runs, away from other traffic and on limited access roads, or the heavy hitter trailered cars running 10 and 9 second runs essentially on fairly well travelled streets, for big money, and with huge audiences. Or those who have seen Fast and Furious too many times. I'm against dangerous, stupid, wasteful racing or showing off (see that guy burning his demon up as an example), whether its on the track or on the street. There is a way to have fun on the street while still being safe, at least for everyone else. That, rightly or wrongly, is something I'm okay with - as long as everyone is meticulous.

and as with anything else, you have to be adult and realize what you are risking. On the track, you're risking large financial losses if you wreck or blow the car up, and of course injury (mainly just to you, or the other driver). On the street, you have all those things, plus jail time, and death or injury to innocent bystanders. No one should do either without being as careful as possible to weigh the implications.

I see a very similar set of arguments in the gun control debates. One thing we can't do though is believe that street racing, even stupid, fatal, street racing doesn't happen. What we need to do is figure out what we're going to do to stop it. Is it education? Is it cars that max out at the posted speed limit? Is it mandatory jail time for first offenses? There's a lot of questions, and I'm not supporting or slamming anyone, just put some of my own thoughts down on this difficult issue.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #23
On the lighter side...

. drag racing is for the devil.jpg

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Food for thought....street race and have an "incident". Your insurance won't cover anything and you're open to litigation plus legal issues. I like living in my house lol. Meet me at the track and I'll whip your a$$.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
It doesn’t have to be fast and furious levels of street racing. In the last 2 days I did very informal pulls with 2 cars just for shits and giggles. Would have been nice to have some more power to pull on them worse...

But I’ll fall back to the argument that having the HP we all have on the street is an absolute waste unless you’re using it. If you want a track car that runs the same times you could have saved about $55,000.
Enjoy the power for 10 seconds at a time, a few times over a weekend or enjoy it every time you’re behind the wheel. Different strokes for different folks.
Your basic auto insurance doesn’t cover you at the track either, and I’ve seen way more racing accidents there than on the street.

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
I'm gonna have to disagree. 700 hp is plenty on the street. I don't know where you guys live, but I couldn't use all of the power my Hellcat had stock on the street. At the track I want all I can have. I came from a different time though when the best you could get was 425HP stock and we had to build motors, supercharge, etc just to get to 650 so my perspective might be different.
Go check out Street Car Video on YouTube and you'll see where more power on the street is a good thing. ;)

droptopp

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Hellcat is stock aside from drag radials, other car with 1500hp+ is easier to launch on the street though, go figure.

Just cause you have it, doesn’t mean you need to use it at every redlight. Plenty of tracks near me to get all out stupid at.

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
1. 2.85 pulley
2. tune / new PCM
3. injectors

What is your say on RWHP? What would you add or take away?
750whp or so on 93 octane but if you had a flex tune and some E85 available, it would be around 800whp or slightly over.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
You won't go to jail or be open to being sued and lose your house and income if you crash at the track. Just sayin'. That doesn't mean I don't get after it a bit getting on the highway, or the random rolling pull, I just don't go looking to race on the street. To each their own.

There's a group around here (I'm a part of their super secret FB page) and they meet up at 2am and race on the street. Several have been arrested, gotten busted in stings, etc. A black mustang with a KB showed up one night to race. As soon at they went WOT blue lights. It was a sting vehicle. He kept going and the cops arrested the other driver. Seemed like entrapment to me but whatya do.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #30
Seen that in Houston (though they handled it in the stupid manner and tried to arrest about 150 people including the spectators). Beat that.

But that kind of racing is what I'm talking about as organized street racing up above; that's generally dumb and dangerous. I've posted up the anti-street-racing documents most LEAs use to combat this and identify drivers / racers. And running is the dumbest shit of all - they will bag your ass and if I was acting as prosecutor in the case, no deals. Let's go to trial, every time.

It's (generally) not entrapment if the UCO does not start the race. If you line up, someone says go, and you go before he moves, it's not entrapment (though you can usually argue it down in a deal using that bc many juries won't understand the difference).

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
No matter how much money or horsepower you have, you will always want more. Ask Jeff Bezos and John Force....

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
I get it guys, believe me. Like I said, it isn’t fast and furious... it’s the same street racing that’s been around since the model t.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #33
45, that's the starboard engines of a KC-135, right?

firedude

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
YUMA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I seem to always want more hp. I say I am not going to do it at first or I am going to wait till warranty is up. I have never made it that far. Hoping to with this one. We will see. I will see a track or two but just about all my driving will be street. I still want more. I would have a hard time not upgrading if the Hellephant came out as a option. I would like it in a standard body also please.

Sudden

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bristow
State
OK
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Hellcat Charger
I did the listens 2.85 upper,pined stock lower ,fic1200,injected engineering pumps Curt Dusterhoff tuned 779 on 93 and 823 on e-85. Hoping to get a high 9 in good air this fall image.jpeg image.jpeg

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
What was the DA on your 10.2 pass?

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #37
I did the listens 2.85 upper,pined stock lower ,fic1200,injected engineering pumps Curt Dusterhoff tuned 779 on 93 and 823 on e-85. Hoping to get a high 9 in good air this fall View attachment 1023 View attachment 1024
That rocks; thanks for sharing. Pretty good bang for the buck there.

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Chall SRT Hellcat Redeye
Adding more power to power you already can't put down on the street is...a waste.

Where exactly do you live to not have access to a drag strip?

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
I did the listens 2.85 upper,pined stock lower ,fic1200,injected engineering pumps Curt Dusterhoff tuned 779 on 93 and 823 on e-85. Hoping to get a high 9 in good air this fall View attachment 1023 View attachment 1024
Look at the extra torque that e85 makes, that’s what I want!!
Damnit get some stations in my area already!!
Nice!!:)

Sudden

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bristow
State
OK
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Hellcat Charger
Da was about 1100 temperature was low 60s. I think I could have done better that night but someone oiled down the track. But hey,that's racing. That's e70 from the pump. I will get true e85 for this falls attempts.