Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Questions about washing a never ending dirty car

OP
B
Member ID
Reactions
City
Burlington
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 challenger hellcat redeye
Thread Starter #21
Ever since I started doing rinseless washes, I stopped doing the waterless.

With my rinseless routine, I also mist the panel before wiping.
this might be something worth trying.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
Just have a question, regarding what others do with washing your car. I spent a good while, cleaning my car. I then go for one 20 minute ride, to enjoy my clean, shiny black redeye. I come back, and it's dirty, all over again. I don't remember my car before this car, ever getting dirty, this incredibly fast....there is no way on earth i can keep cleaning it every time i drive the car....i will literally be spending every waking hour, cleaning it. but I do like it when it's clean and shiny....My question is, why can't i just use a wet micro fiber towel to wipe the dirt off? come back from a drive, grab a wet towel and just clean it off real fast. this way, you can keep it clean, without breaking out the buckets and power washer 30x per day. I don't see how, doing that will scratch anything...it's not like there's pebbles on the paint...its just dirt spots kicked up by the tires...or bugs and shit hitting the front...there must be an easy, simple and fast way to keep the car clean.
There in lies your problem. Black hehe. Join the club I feel your pain. Hell as soon as the car is parked in the garage After a wash I barely get the cover on before a film of dust is on her

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
nearest is Portland, but live in the country
State
OR
Country
United States
Paint your cars in a nice dust color.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Just have a question, regarding what others do with washing your car. I spent a good while, cleaning my car. I then go for one 20 minute ride, to enjoy my clean, shiny black redeye. I come back, and it's dirty, all over again. I don't remember my car before this car, ever getting dirty, this incredibly fast....there is no way on earth i can keep cleaning it every time i drive the car....i will literally be spending every waking hour, cleaning it. but I do like it when it's clean and shiny....My question is, why can't i just use a wet micro fiber towel to wipe the dirt off? come back from a drive, grab a wet towel and just clean it off real fast. this way, you can keep it clean, without breaking out the buckets and power washer 30x per day. I don't see how, doing that will scratch anything...it's not like there's pebbles on the paint...its just dirt spots kicked up by the tires...or bugs and shit hitting the front...there must be an easy, simple and fast way to keep the car clean.
Tbh your a bit lucky in my opinion. The challenger is much easier to clean then the charger. The charger shape on the sides and rear make you have to whipe it a bit more to get the streaks away imo. My Redeye WB is triple nickel literally clean that care 1/3 as much as the charger

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Paint your cars in a nice dust color.
You mean like destroyer gray? 😄😗😅

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I heard the ceramic coating and PPF attracts dust like the buh-jeezus :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
State
OR
Country
United States
Something like this should be good.

Attachments

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Something like this should be good.
Reminds me of the ME......brings a tear to my eye :LOL:

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Was on my way to the chow hall and nothing was gonna stop me!
20180426_174040.jpg

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
This was in the middle of it. Hey look, the white truck is still white!
20180426_174431.jpg

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Black is beautiful but it’s a bitch to keep clean. Hang in there. 1621285774826.png

StingrayZ51

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lindenhurst
State
IL
Country
United States
Ok here’s the solution if you’re ceramic coating. Get yourself a deionizing system like the one I have here. So after I detail her and go for a drive, or she gets dusty, I’ll just fill up the foam cannon with either Adam’s or Bilt Hamber and foam the car up. Let it sit for a few minutes and rinse off. With the DI systems there’s no need to dry the car or blow it off. I’ve washed my black truck in midday sun and let it air dry with zero water spots. So you can literally foam your car in 5 minutes and walk away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
This was in the middle of it. Hey look, the white truck is still white!
View attachment 44407
And what about when the thunderstorm would happen during this and it would rain mud???? Fun times :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
And what about when the thunderstorm would happen during this and it would rain mud???? Fun times :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
The good old days.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
The good old days.
yeah, nothing like driving convoy and using the wipers to smear the mud all over the windshield :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
State
OR
Country
United States
Wipers!

What a luxury.

OP
B
Member ID
Reactions
City
Burlington
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 challenger hellcat redeye
Thread Starter #37
Ok here’s the solution if you’re ceramic coating. Get yourself a deionizing system like the one I have here. So after I detail her and go for a drive, or she gets dusty, I’ll just fill up the foam cannon with either Adam’s or Bilt Hamber and foam the car up. Let it sit for a few minutes and rinse off. With the DI systems there’s no need to dry the car or blow it off. I’ve washed my black truck in midday sun and let it air dry with zero water spots. So you can literally foam your car in 5 minutes and walk away.

what exactly is that? and what does it do?

StingrayZ51

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lindenhurst
State
IL
Country
United States
what exactly is that? and what does it do?
It’s a water deionizer. Takes all the minerals out of the water. Mine shows the water at 0.0 ppm and my tap water is about 350 ppm. I change the material out about once a year and never ever have a water spot. Again I have a black truck and have washed it in 90 degree sun and let it air dry with zero water spots. There are several companies that make them. This one has two valves on top that let me bypass the system so I just use it for final rinse. Cost about $350-400 and worth every penny.

StingrayZ51

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lindenhurst
State
IL
Country
United States
Mines made by RV-mods.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
It’s a water deionizer. Takes all the minerals out of the water. Mine shows the water at 0.0 ppm and my tap water is about 350 ppm. I change the material out about once a year and never ever have a water spot. Again I have a black truck and have washed it in 90 degree sun and let it air dry with zero water spots. There are several companies that make them. This one has two valves on top that let me bypass the system so I just use it for final rinse. Cost about $350-400 and worth every penny.

A friend that has a mobile detaling business in Calif uses a system like this on his truck. His is a larger system to fill his 50 gal tank daily, but same idea. Calif tap water is notorious for high mineral content so this is essential for his business. He washes cars in direct sunlight and doesn't have to worry about dealing with hard water spots.