Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

P1D79-00 trans code

Member ID
Reactions
City
Athens
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Challenger Redeye
was driving the car to lowes the other day and was coming up on a light, it was red, then it turned green, when I accelerated the check engine light came on, continued on to lowes, which was about a 1/2 mile down road, When I came out and re started it, as soon as i put it into drive, it flashed on the dash, place back in park and select the gear I want to us or something along those lines. I scanned it and that code and this one came up U0402-00. The first one says park solenoid circuit high, anyways curious as to if anyone else has had these issues? Trans is an SHR war viking.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Did the codes come back after you cleared them? The transmission will throw codes if the car loses power during driving
was driving the car to lowes the other day and was coming up on a light, it was red, then it turned green, when I accelerated the check engine light came on, continued on to lowes, which was about a 1/2 mile down road, When I came out and re started it, as soon as i put it into drive, it flashed on the dash, place back in park and select the gear I want to us or something along those lines. I scanned it and that code and this one came up U0402-00. The first one says park solenoid circuit high, anyways curious as to if anyone else has had these issues? Trans is an SHR war viking.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
year and miles on car? Solenoids could be going bad, hopefully not a connection which might require a new valve body/tcm. @hellno might have some info. He’ll be building my trans, trust him more than the other places

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I had battery cable pop off before, car died. Fuel pressure loss, car died. And got implausible data /drive/vehicle speed/ lost communication codes. Have you hit any bumps or anything? Was the car sitting before? For how long? How long were you driving before it happened

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Do you put the car in park when you stop at lights? Did you bump the shifter? Did you have your transmission rebuilt or buy one off the shelf from them? How many miles in that transmission? They don’t use new valve bodies in builds

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Park solinoid is green and has a lever for the parking pawl. Should be able to replace it if it’s just that solenoid, haven’t seen individual ones for sale for the 8hp90 but haven’t looked in a few years

OP
JDSHellcat
Member ID
Reactions
City
Athens
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #7
Did the codes come back after you cleared them? The transmission will throw codes if the car loses power during driving

Cleared the codes,,they do go away until you take the shifter out of park. Then the check engine light comes back on and same codes come up. Unhooked battery last night, didnt change anything either. car is 2019 Redeye Challenger 24k on it, trans only has 7k on it. It goes in to HHP on Monday for some other things, so will have them lookl at it. Was just curious as to if anyone else had this happen. Car is just stuck in park, had to pull the cable tp put it in neutral to load it.

OP
JDSHellcat
Member ID
Reactions
City
Athens
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #8
Do you put the car in park when you stop at lights? Did you bump the shifter? Did you have your transmission rebuilt or buy one off the shelf from them? How many miles in that transmission? They don’t use new valve bodies in builds

nope, didnt put it in park, was still rolling. Trans was new from HHP that the previous owner had installed. Its an SHR war Viking 8hp 90

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Yeah, park solenoid or wiring went bad. There’s 2 wires that extend from the tcm and the rest of the solenoids over to the connector on the park solenoid. Hopefully they should be able to fix it, should just have to pull the valve body if they can get the parts. Haven’t heard of any of these failing, guess it’s out of warranty with SHR

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Worst case, you need a new valve body which is $1k+ (or at least was)

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
nope, didnt put it in park, was still rolling. Trans was new from HHP that the previous owner had installed. Its an SHR war Viking 8hp 90
Have you already let HHP know there is a problem, if not you should.

~Linda

OP
JDSHellcat
Member ID
Reactions
City
Athens
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #12
Have you already let HHP know there is a problem, if not you should.

~Linda
Linda,

I emailed Matt and he got back to me. They will look at it when I drop it off on Monday.

OP
JDSHellcat
Member ID
Reactions
City
Athens
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #13
Was just posting to see if anyone had experienced this

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Let us know what they say

OP
JDSHellcat
Member ID
Reactions
City
Athens
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #15

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Was just posting to see if anyone had experienced this
I figured that is what you were doing and it's good to be informed or informative.

I just thought that since you were on the schedule they should know ahead of time to keep the schedule on time for you. :)

OP
JDSHellcat
Member ID
Reactions
City
Athens
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #17
I figured that is what you were doing and it's good to be informed or informative.

I just thought that since you were on the schedule they should know ahead of time to keep the schedule on time for you. :)
Absolutely. They actually got me in early. Was scheduled for the first originally. Having a few other goodies put in it as well. Will update once it’s all done.

OP
JDSHellcat
Member ID
Reactions
City
Athens
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #18
UPDATE so last night before leaving the shop I pulled the battery cable off. Left the codes in it, came back this am and hooked cable back up, codes were gone, and car now drives again. Have it idling now and going to take it for a little drive and see what happens. Got to love electronics.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I initially thought you just needed to clear the codes. Good luck

OP
JDSHellcat
Member ID
Reactions
City
Athens
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #20
Test drive failed...Made it about 1/4 mile down the road and when it shifted from 3rd to 4th I could feel something different, check engine light came back on so I turned around and went back. Once UI pulled in to my shop it says service trans and put in park, once I put it in park it is then stuck in park. I will update this thread after HHP gets it in their handsnext week. thanks for all the help @Unholy707