Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Okay, spill your thoughts and comments... another offer on the car

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat
Maybe give VROOM a try. I put my 1320 in both vroom and carvana and vroom came back $6k higher than Carvana, HOWEVER, carvana didnt seem to have all the boxes to check for the options I have on my car so that may be why. Regardless its insane

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Thread Starter #42
They're looking into. Will give me a price within a day.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Idk I just passed a wb charger, sucker was fine! I could see myself getting attached lol
I saw one sat as well...the WB is a cool lookin ride..(y)

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
I was driving my RE Challenger today and just enjoying the ride being I’m getting over Covid as I type😳. And out if nowhere a WB Scat Pak Charger comes up on me doing a good 100mph😳. I just moved over a lane and he goes flying by me and she sounded good and looked pretty bad ass. Hell I’d pickup a WB Scat Pak just to have one😁
C5CD9A65-5F4C-4188-9D13-3D7AE57EA988.jpeg

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
I was driving my RE Challenger today and just enjoying the ride being I’m getting over Covid as I type😳. And out if nowhere a WB Scat Pak Charger comes up on me doing a good 100mph😳. I just moved over a lane and he goes flying by me and she sounded good and looked pretty bad ass. Hell I’d pickup a WB Scat Pak just to have one😁
View attachment 41490
Me too I’d love to have one. I think they’re about 50ish

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I saw one sat as well...the WB is a cool lookin ride..(y)
They do look different from the typical cop car or taxi, yes.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
We expect pictures by the end of the week!
Your dangerous 😁

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Carvana only offering a $50,080. This guy is at $53,000 sight unseen (and he put the thunderbird on his lot at $18,500.
Vroom.com (I would ask for $55k)
Algo is another good one

NoCoHC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Numerous
I would also try givemethevin.com. They are out of Texas and typically pay higher than Vroom or Carvana.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I would also try givemethevin.com. They are out of Texas and typically pay higher than Vroom or Carvana.
That's another good one, though vroom has given me the highest payout on trucks so far.

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Yep....I was amazed when they shot back their number. This is the same car I had them give an offer on in Jan 2021.....and their offer today was 6k higher than in Jan. I had to look at it several times to make sure I was reading it right.
I did not waste any time starting their buying process after I saw the offer. So far it's been pretty easy. They said it would take a day or two to look over the paperwork and get back to me, but I had a response within an hour. I then scheduled a time for them to come and pickup the car. They will be here Thursday afternoon.
I'll let everyone know if it goes good or bad afterward.

If it all goes well......I'll probably put in to see what they will give me for my truck.
Carvana picked up my 2013 BMW. Showed up, I signed the paperwork, they hit the button to transmit the money to my account (took 2-3 days for it to hit my account) then had a tow truck pick up the car and drive away. They didn't even test drive the car.

If the offer's good from Carvana, then do it. So easy. For some reason they always gave me low offers on my Hellcat but they bought my BMW over what KBB private party value in "very good" condition was.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Carvana picked up my 2013 BMW. Showed up, I signed the paperwork, they hit the button to transmit the money to my account (took 2-3 days for it to hit my account) then had a tow truck pick up the car and drive away. They didn't even test drive the car.

If the offer's good from Carvana, then do it. So easy. For some reason they always gave me low offers on my Hellcat but they bought my BMW over what KBB private party value in "very good" condition was.
Yep, they'll be here Thursday afternoon to pick the car up.

Just for S's and G's....I ran my truck through the Carvana site last night and they are offering me 6k more than I paid for it. I'm going to see what Vroom offers later today.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Just for S's and G's....I ran my truck through the Carvana site last night and they are offering me 6k more than I paid for it. I'm going to see what Vroom offers later today.
I tried Vroom with the 'Hawk yesterday afternoon, but nothing yet.
Other than a few emails from them about me buying a car from them. Not exactly my goal.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I tried Vroom with the 'Hawk yesterday afternoon, but nothing yet.
Other than a few emails from them about me buying a car from them. Not exactly my goal.
yeah....right after I submited the Carvana quote request, I got a few of those emails asking me if I was sure I didn't want to purchase a car through them...cuz...they sell cars don'tcha know. I declined.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Thread Starter #56
checked out the givemethevin site. They said a little over 53K. I responded with 54 or 55 and they are thinking about it. Vroom says 52K (like right this second it arrived)

dealer that bought the t-bird will be by tomorrow. I think I'm going to tell him if he'll go 54K he can take the car.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Vroom came back $3k lower on my truck than Carvana.

So far.....Carvana for the win on that one too.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Chip Shortage Is Bad for GM but Worse for Car Buyers
The biggest winners are used-car dealers
You are about 50% correct. Sure the prices go up. But have you not been following this thread about how dealers are waaaaay overpaying for inventory? That directly affects profitability. The biggest hits will have been made on prior existing inventory, aka cars that were purchased at normal wholesale numbers before this all went crazy. Now inventory is nowhere, hence the crazy wholesale prices. Customers are not liking the newly adjusted pricing and we've seen them shying away as they descend in to sticker shock, never to be seen again.
So yeah at first there's a feeding frenzy but now? My customers arent liking this and theyre not just jumping in with both feet currently. Obviously someone is though because demand is high. We're just not seeing it as much as the demand would make it seem.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
The whole car market IMO is just crazy and really just makes no sense but I am not in the business so I cannot tell the truths versus the lies. But I feel the market is going to have a reset at some point since everything and I mean everything is getting so expensive.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Vroom came back $3k lower on my truck than Carvana.

So far.....Carvana for the win on that one too.
I'll try Carvana, too, just because. Vroom came back with $79K...which is about 3K less than MSRP for the 'Hawk. And I didn't pay anywhere near that.
Hmm. Tempted to sell.