Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

New member from Michigan

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Damn another Michigan member huh.....😁. You guys are all the same.....always have all the answers and a smirk on your face 😳 Well Congrats on your sweet rides and mods but be very very careful of @vortecd and @jroyk those two will wear you out😁. And I did warn you for the record😂

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Damn another Michigan member huh.....😁. You guys are all the same.....always have all the answers and a smirk on your face 😳 Well Congrats on your sweet rides and mods but be very very careful of @vortecd and @jroyk those two will wear you out😁. And I did warn you for the record😂
Says the guy whose posts cause permanent mental decay with words and images that cannot be unseen. :rolleyes:

OP
jonx96

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #23
Damn another Michigan member huh...... You guys are all the same.....always have all the answers and a smirk on your face Well Congrats on your sweet rides and mods but be very very careful of @vortecd and @jroyk those two will wear you out. And I did warn you for the record
O geez @jroyk is only an hour and a half away. I’m not sure who should be more worried me or everyone else if we are all the same. I was in Tennessee a few months ago white water rafting and the guide said all the craziest people she knew in college were from Michigan. I didn’t think much of it until now

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Hello all,

New member from Michigan. I am just finding this site. For some reason google never brought it up when I typed in Hellcat forum. I've had my hellcat since the end of August. I just swapped pullies this past weekend. Not to bad of a job just more to it than there had to be. I live 2 miles from a track so we will see what it does when spring comes and we have -1000 DA. Since it is Michigan the Hellcat isn't the only cat in the garage. Next to the car is a Turbo Z1 Artic Cat. View attachment 35630 View attachment 35631 View attachment 35632
Welcome to the Club....you will find a lot of tech help here when your ready...great crew here...some of us are... "not all there"...but most of us are always here...;);)

Grape Ape

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Braselton
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Welcome to the forum! Love the redline red!

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
Welcome from Canton

Krazzeeddie

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Chesterfield
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Wide Body Scat Pack
O geez @jroyk is only an hour and a half away. I’m not sure who should be more worried me or everyone else if we are all the same. I was in Tennessee a few months ago white water rafting and the guide said all the craziest people she knew in college were from Michigan. I didn’t think much of it until now
Just remember crazy or insanity is not a sickness it is a lifestyle. 😆

DemonSRT

500 Posts Club
Donating Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kawartha Lakes
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Built in Canada 2018 Demon #3135
Hello all,

New member from Michigan. I am just finding this site. For some reason google never brought it up when I typed in Hellcat forum. I've had my hellcat since the end of August. I just swapped pullies this past weekend. Not to bad of a job just more to it than there had to be. I live 2 miles from a track so we will see what it does when spring comes and we have -1000 DA. Since it is Michigan the Hellcat isn't the only cat in the garage. Next to the car is a Turbo Z1 Artic Cat. View attachment 35630 View attachment 35631 View attachment 35632
Welcome to the Forum!!
Beautiful Hellcat.
Enjoy it safely.
These cars deserve respect.(y)

OP
jonx96

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #29
Welcome to the Forum!!
Beautiful Hellcat.
Enjoy it safely.
These cars deserve respect.(y)
I have learned. Most people who I’ve taken for a ride were shocked and so was I the first time I drove one. Some said it’s to big and heavy to be fast. Then they learn.

DemonSRT

500 Posts Club
Donating Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kawartha Lakes
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Built in Canada 2018 Demon #3135
I have learned. Most people who I’ve taken for a ride were shocked and so was I the first time I drove one. Some said it’s to big and heavy to be fast. Then they learn.
I too have surprised many, um made them shit:poop: themselves, metaphorically speaking, after taking them for a ride.
I love it!! lol:devilish:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Hello all,

Welcome! You are right down the road from me:)

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Nobody beat me up to bad for this comment I know I need a tune to run the pulley but in Michigan no better time than winter to work on your car. I will not run it until I have a start up tune to start data logging in the spring. But currently no tune.
I have not put the injectors in just in case I have to move it around the garage and don't feel like pushing it. I will only start unless it is absolutely needed with the pulley installed. I've talked to a few on tuning. At this point I'm looking at Jay Greene or Brian with Drag-ontuning.
I was very disappointed with jay on my 392 Daytona. Sure would not use him for my Hellcat and every other week he posts he is closed for a few days since he over works himself. There are better choices

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
It's a Grip Tech 2.85. My local track (US 131 Motorsports Parks) is IHRA and have been pretty strict on anything faster than 135mph you need a cage. Originally was going to go the flex fuel E85 route but couldn't justify it knowing I don't want to cage it right now.
Yes and no. Friend was doing over 140mph last fall and said nothing to him. Year before they were saying not to go into the 9's for people that were close without a cage so it has been hit or miss

OP
jonx96

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #34
Yes and no. Friend was doing over 140mph last fall and said nothing to him. Year before they were saying not to go into the 9's for people that were close without a cage so it has been hit or miss
I guess I’ll have to feel the water after the first few passes.
But yes you are really close. Not a ton of hellcats around here like there are on the east side of the state.
I was super close to having dusterhoff tune my car since I already have HP for my truck. But then I got in touch with Brian from drag on who also works for Diablo. I just haven’t heard back in a few weeks. It is the holiday season so I’ll give him some time. I just hope since I decided last minute to keep it on 93 instead of going e85 he didn’t decide this was going to be to boring.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
OP
jonx96

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #36
After seeing his charger in that pic in front of the old Gilmore gas station I actually think I saw his charger at the Gilmore muscle car show a few months ago.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
After seeing his charger in that pic in front of the old Gilmore gas station I actually think I saw his charger at the Gilmore muscle car show a few months ago.
yep it was there along with the Mopar show there:)

Dreadchild

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ludington
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Hellraisin Hellcat
Welcome to the forum from West Michigan. About an hour and some change north of GR.

Beautiful car. With all these new Michigan members we might need to do a meetup when it gets nice out

OP
jonx96

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #39
Welcome from the Tri-City area of Michigan! Winter is a great time to work on your Cat here. Spring is just around the corner though. At least that's the way I like to look at it! That looks like a serious snow machine there. How do you like it? Fast? I've been considering one and not too sure of which one to choose yet.
I completely missed your question on this. Yes after driving this I couldn’t go to anything else. I looked at a few scats before this. If I did it again I’d get another hellcat. The only other thing I’d potentially consider would be a turbo mustang with the 10 speed. But for the money and this will hold it’s value a lot better it was a no brainer.

curt_dusterhofftuning

Vendor
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Big Canoe
State
GA
Country
United States
I guess I’ll have to feel the water after the first few passes.
But yes you are really close. Not a ton of hellcats around here like there are on the east side of the state.
I was super close to having dusterhoff tune my car since I already have HP for my truck. But then I got in touch with Brian from drag on who also works for Diablo. I just haven’t heard back in a few weeks. It is the holiday season so I’ll give him some time. I just hope since I decided last minute to keep it on 93 instead of going e85 he didn’t decide this was going to be to boring.
Give me a shout if you change your mind and want to stay woth hpt.