Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

New 70 Chevelles To Be Built

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I've always said if the manufacturers would bring back the old muscle cars exactly as they looked but with modern drive train, suspension, etc. that they'd sell a kajillion.
I'm not so sure. They'd sell a lot, but not if they price it at 150K and I'm not sure they can make the pitch for cutting corners and coming out the door at a reasonable price. And what do we want? A full out expensive all bells and whistles hot rod, drag car, road courser, or commuter car? A V6? And what is the target price point? Before insanity took over, I though the price for the HC Charger I bought was fair, 64K at 0 percent. I see stuff like that at twice the price, and there is no way I can make that value proposition make sense. Where would we want the new "old" cars to come in? 45K? 55K? For a base model? but then what is base?

I bet they have studied this kind of thing (doesn't hurt to run the numbers) but I think the full pick up nation and high price tag they're coming up with make the majors shy away from this. I think the most they've done in that regard was the decades long retro-body fad (including the Mustang, Challenger, and, Camaro). What I would like to see leaked would be one of those studies with all the details laid out!

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I'm not so sure. They'd sell a lot, but not if they price it at 150K and I'm not sure they can make the pitch for cutting corners and coming out the door at a reasonable price. And what do we want? A full out expensive all bells and whistles hot rod, drag car, road courser, or commuter car? A V6? And what is the target price point? Before insanity took over, I though the price for the HC Charger I bought was fair, 64K at 0 percent. I see stuff like that at twice the price, and there is no way I can make that value proposition make sense. Where would we want the new "old" cars to come in? 45K? 55K? For a base model? but then what is base?

I bet they have studied this kind of thing (doesn't hurt to run the numbers) but I think the full pick up nation and high price tag they're coming up with make the majors shy away from this. I think the most they've done in that regard was the decades long retro-body fad (including the Mustang, Challenger, and, Camaro). What I would like to see leaked would be one of those studies with all the details laid out!
Short run..limited retro vehicles by a major manufacturer...never gonna happen...from modern day composites to the tooling necessary...I can assure you its never been a consideration by any of them...

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB

They've never done a “re-release” of one. Not a retro style or something close, but an actual clone but with modern tech. And youre right, $150k would price the average buyer out, including me. But they could certainly build something with a sub $80k msrp. Look at the C8.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer

This is kit car territory.
I think its Superformance that does the Cobra kits rolling and you just install the engine. (although i think SEMA helped get laws past to make this easier on builders).

Factory Five you build the whole thing yourself. But i think those are 50k minimum now. (kit is 20k then add
engine, trans, rear end, wheels, paint etc)

You cant touch the value of a ZL1 or Hellcat by building a restomod. So its a love of a certain car is why you are doing it.

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
I like these days! image.jpg

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
Those were my (2) 69 Nova SS both factory big block 396/375 hp Black on in the foreground was a 400 auto the other a good ole Rock crusher Muncie!

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
FFS ... i knew it ...

[vommit]

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
guy down the street has a 1970 challenger wih the cowl induction and a 392 challenger. great dude whom loves his cars. daily driver is his sts caddy.

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #31
and with Camaro interior
I can't find anything about this on their website. But then again, their website fing sucks.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
that is an inbread

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #33

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
ah,,,,, hell. not now,, i have been sweet bread fer a whole bagel weak. but tomorrow i will unleash my sour dowe truisms. time to come back out. can't take it any moe. sour my sweat ass.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #38
OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #39
Some fugly shit.
chevelle-new-5.jpg chevelle-new-2.jpg chevelle-interior.jpg chevelle-feature.jpg

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle