Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

March 5th Reveal

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
That long new EV video did absolutely nothing for me except make me laugh and want to puke. However, this short video instantly had me obsessed with the idea of the car. I must have watched this video 1,000 times until I ended up buying my first brand new car. Dodge used to make great cars, and also knew how to sell them. Now neither is true.

I may not like the car but do like the videos dodge makes. I dont recall Chevy or Ford making videos like these

Prange

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
no longer in Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Scat Pack
That door looks huge, like my '71 Eldorado door.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
That long new EV video did absolutely nothing for me except make me laugh and want to puke. However, this short video instantly had me obsessed with the idea of the car. I must have watched this video 1,000 times until I ended up buying my first brand new car. Dodge used to make great cars, and also knew how to sell them. Now neither is true.

Yep, that ad set the hook for me & I just had to have it !

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
That door looks huge, like my '71 Eldorado door.
5 feet sounds big

So how about just a bit bigger then 59 inches

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
1.5 meters sounds even shorter

2ndgen

Member ID
Reactions
City
Orem
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I haven't done an exhaustive comparison, but from my cursory understanding seems that their EV offerings here are about the least competitive in the market--unless they use fire-sale pricing I don't think they're going to move many of their EV trims.

The I6s, however, might be compelling. Anyone who likes the new body style enough might be interested.
I wonder how heavy the I6 trims are. With the longer wheelbase than and also wider than the LX platform... betting it's even heavier too... so... not sure if the I6 fuel savings minus losses from more mass is going to be an actual net gain for their fleet-wide average... which would kinda defeat the entire purpose of this whole change up.

Maybe shoulda just spent a few hundred million on a gen-4 5.7 hemi to squeeze out more MPG and reduce emissions there and been done with it, and maybe come up with a lighter/smaller platform base to put it in. Prior disclosures showed that most of the MPG gains from the I6 are actually from the start-stop system! ... which they could easily add to the Hemi offerings...

Makes no sense to go bigger + /heavier/...

And then to add insult to injury: calling it the world's first and only EV muscle car? Laughable and obvious lie. Pretty sure no one calls any EV a muscle car, and marketing doesn't make it so. Secondly, there's other offerings that are faster, so they're a day late and a dollar short already there too.

If this is the best Dodge can come up with, a CUV no one wants, and a bigger+heavier sedan platform that either yields minimal/no net gains or is in EV trim that can't compete... I think the coffin may be nearly sealed shut--and probably with screws not just nails.

It was fun while it lasted Dodge... too bad Dodge didn't just quit while on top but had to drag their name through the mud kicking and screaming like a poor loser on the way off the stage. I hope I'm wrong and they come up with something actually good and worthy of prior Dodge achievements, but it's not looking good.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Yep, that ad set the hook for me & I just had to have it !
When it came out, I wanted it but no way I could ever justify that kind of $ for a car. Fast forward to summer 2020 after capitalizing on the C19 market crash, it was time to act! Power Dollars helped also! :)